20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• sjbctal
    sjbctal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey Marie im 6 weeks away going to strive for 12lbs. Time to get seriou again.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Finally we have Sunshine today!!!
    Hope everyone has a great Thursday.
    Stay focused, move your body, and make wise food choices.
    Nancy

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    sjbctal wrote: »
    Hey Marie im 6 weeks away going to strive for 12lbs. Time to get seriou again.
    You can do it Texas.. Maybe not the 12 lbs But a good head start.on it. Good luck my fellow Texan
    Marie

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Linda-congrats on your 1lb loss, I understand having to get rid of something because it fattening. recrecently I threw away some brownies, it was time anyway, so not wasteful.
    Belibda-great job on your 2lb loss, I hope we all have a loss next week.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Finally we have Sunshine today!!!
    Hope everyone has a great Thursday.
    Stay focused, move your body, and make wise food choices.
    Nancy

Making good food choice is the key to weiht lost. Thanks nancy.

Marie

• cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Well today is my weigh in day...

SW 191
    CW 165.6
    GW 135

I only lost 1.2 lbs this week but I really have been eating whatever I felt like eating. I attended 2 social events and I just felt like some of foods I ate. I tried to exercise most of off so I did loose some just not as much as I hoped.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello Losers

Just checking in from Jamaica. The weather here is awesome. Talking to you from the beach.
    I didn't read everyone posts, too many 108 to be exact. So I will just say good luck to all this week
    on your weigh in. I am still exercising with walking at least twice a day and completing the
    squat challenge this month. Leaving here on Saturday, I will be crying all the way to the
    airport and back to snow again.

See you soon,

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Cristina..1.2 is fantastic! You lost although you attended 2 events! Give yourself a pat on the back, girl!

Shirley..we've been crying from jealousy.. B)
  • Ezzmie
    Ezzmie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Need some motivation to get this journey moving. I have been on MFP for over 2 years and not much movement on the scale. Frustrated...

SW 192
    CW 185.5 (2/23/2015)
    GW 150

Marie, I'm interested in learning about the one one one diet - what's it all about.

Aminaz
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    beszmytke wrote: »
    Ray, hold steady on your choices and you will be fine! Make sure to either eat something healthy before, or take something with you in case all the choices are bad ones at your events. You can do it!
    Ray.. You will make good decisions because this is a lifestyle..you can have your cake and eat it, too! o:)
    Connie
    Thanks guys! That's a good idea to bring my own snacks, I do this when I go out of town for the day but I hadn't thought of it for these in-town events. Maybe I'll bring a veggie tray to b-day party. And yes, this is a lifestyle, not a diet. I need to keep that in mind.

Congrats to everyone who maintained/lost this week. And remember maintaining is still better than gaining! :)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Shirley we had sleet snow just a winter mix here since you been gone. Enjoy your last days.
    love Marie
  • cristina0000
    Options
    Cristina..1.2 is fantastic! You lost although you attended 2 events! Give yourself a pat on the back, girl!

Shirley..we've been crying from jealousy.. B)

Yes...you're right. I just really wanted to loose 2 lbs this week. But I guess some loss is better than a gain. :wink:
  • rayw89
    Options
    Ok guys, check this out! Next time you're feeling like losing "just" 1 lb. isn't good enough, remember what 1 lb. of fat really looks like. I love thinking about this concept. :)

i5rtpz0svjbt.jpg
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @rayw89 I saw that and thought it was an Easter peep! I'll never look at them the same again :)

This Easter challenge may be getting to me, I am hallucinating candy lol!
  • rayw89
    Options
    Haha! Just imagine this every time you see an Easter peep, anything to make them less appealing. I'm going to try to remember this every time I see a coconut cream egg.
  • cristina0000
    Options
    rayw89 wrote: »
    Ok guys, check this out! Next time you're feeling like losing "just" 1 lb. isn't good enough, remember what 1 lb. of fat really looks like. I love thinking about this concept. :)

i5rtpz0svjbt.jpg

Thank you!! That is a much better way of looking at it...

One pound is definitely more than I thought it was!
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Here's one reason to strength train...muscle is denser; takes up less space.qqgibamvgiax.jpg
  • cristina0000
    Options
    I love the graphics...thanks!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Ezzmie wrote: »
    I'm in!

Need some motivation to get this journey moving. I have been on MFP for over 2 years and not much movement on the scale. Frustrated...

SW 192
    CW 185.5 (2/23/2015)
    GW 150

Marie, I'm interested in learning about the one one one diet - what's it all about.

Aminaz
    great Aminax. glad to have you.join us.
    you can check with Connie She is the leader of the group .Basically It is three meals a day with a carb a fat and a protein at each meal. and the same for 2 snacks of half or your meals She post on this site too. Welcome to the Easter challenge.
    Marie

• lovesretirement
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Ezzmie wrote: »
    I'm in!

SW 192
    CW 185.5 (2/23/2015)
    GW 150

Aminaz
    great Aminax. glad to have you.join us.
    you can check with Connie She is the leader of the group .Basically It is three meals a day with a carb a fat and a protein at each meal. and the same for 2 snacks of half or your meals She post on this site too. Welcome to the Easter challenge.
    Marie

Come join us in the One One One group. The book is called the 1:1:1 Diet by Rania Batayneh.