20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    @CALICAT..No regrets..if I hadn't stumbled on that thread, I would not have met you, started 1:1:1, or met all these wonderful folks!! <3

Currently taking bets on when it will slow down over there.. :D

Don't bank on it!!!!! But I bet half will drop off the face of the screen before July. I have already noticed a few flashes in the pan. I am curious.......how many have agreed to the challenge? And how many have posted more than twice?

Esther

A couple of days ago, I looked at the first 4 pages and there were a ton who had not come back. It looks like new people are coming in droves but not staying.
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Steph..so glad your dinner was a success! You are an awesome mom!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning I peep at the 4th thread, have 44 post to read. going to wait till later to read them when My eye get better focus.

I will do my venting now.
    my feet feel better and don't feel as tight as they have been But still swollen. Will be taking 2 water pills this morning......... great news I am down to my pre trip weight That 4 lbs I lost We go tomorrow to see about new hearing aids hope I can get my shoes on. I tried Jerry sandals but way to big for me and I kept stumbling in them
    plans for today. Going to make this for lunch recipe someone posted on the 4th thread
    Will be a complete 1-1-1-meal. sorry don't remember her name

1 cup quinoa
    2 cups low sodium chicken broth
    garlic powder to taste
    1 small head of broccoli chopped
    12 baby carrots chopped
    3 oz light cream cheese
    1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese

I cook the quinoa in the broth with garlic powder and add the chopped broccoli and carrots (I chopped them really small in the food processor). Cook that until the liquid is absorbed and the veggies and quinoa are tender. Add cream cheese and shredded cheese and mix togetehr until all melted. Transfer to an oven safe dish (I used an 8x8 casserole dish) and bake at 400 for 15 minutes just to meld everything together. Makes 8 servings I will have some to freeze later looks like

Breakfast yogurt and fresh berries

Lunch Bake Quinoa

dinner milk shake with berries.

Have a great day All the time I was typing this..... notice was given for more new posting on the 4 th thread.
    marie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning,
    I come here first as the 4th thread is such a big undertaking!! I agree that many will visit once or twice and then fall off, just hard to connect with anyone when there are so many posts!! there are a couple that seem to be posting regularly.

I guess the sign of a good meal is when you are still thinking about it the morning after, haha. I really liked my Mexican salad last night. not sure that I can come up with anything that good for tonight.

connie, thanks you always know the right things to say!! I don't know if my kids would agree that I am always a good mom but I do try. being a mom is a lot more challenging then I ever thought.

have a good day, going to have my oatmeal eggwhite pancake!!

stephanie
  • lovesretirement
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good morning, again, friends!

Marie..that sounds good. So glad you are getting that water off and hope your feet will go down soon. Maybe it's time for new sandals for you..can't have you tripping in Jerry's! :)

Steph..miss the pancake for breakfast. I may have one for snack. <3

Looking at the posts carefully...it's more new people joining than actual posts of those who have been with us from the beginning. I don't read the joiners..too many.
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    There are more people still joining than actually posting...so....that's got to be a good sign. If those would just die out, it would be manageable.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Marie gave me an invite to join this group from the last challenge. Okay why are we here?
    I just posted on the July Challenge and I had 221 posts. There is no way I can respond to all
    those people.

Connie- I don't know how you can keep up with this group!

Are we just having a nice group here of chatting. If so, I am in! The other thread
    is overwhelming.

fwql903iun1x.jpg

Anyway, I saw my grandson Monday and Tuesday and I will post a picture for you all to see.
    My new name for him is Love Bug. He is so adorable.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    @Shirley61 - your grandson is adorable. I am with you about the size of the July 4th thread. Hard to keep up.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Marie-I hope your swelling goes down and your feet feel better, I agree with Connie, with summer coming up getting a new pair of sandals will be a great idea, plus comfortable for your feet. Thanks for noticing new picture.

Shirle-Your grandbaby is adorable! What a cute name for him.

Stephanie-your taco salad sounds good, I'm gonna have to try yogurt for sour cream, maybe, I use the reduced fat sour cream and it is really good and low in calories. It makes me want one, soon.

Connie-You are doing a great job trying to keep up with the new thread, I have like 150 to read right now, thats why I came here first, it only said 20 and thought I'd say hi.
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Janice,
    the nice thing about the yogurt is that it has a lot of protein so it is filling also. you should definitely try it. would have put some corn on to if I had some.

Shirley,
    your grandson is so cute, what a little smush. enjoy him.

Connie, I agree, it's so weird that people want to join and never come back. I just saw a joiner who needs to gain 20 lbs., ummm, wrong thread?????
  • lovesretirement
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @Shirley61 . I can't keep up :) and don't respond to most because they are joiners. I have to skip those. Your grandson is gorgeous! I am soooo jealous! :'(

@janiceclark08 I come here first, too! :)

I also think some who say they did the Easter challenge, did the other Easter challenge called Drop 20 by Easter.
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I so much more enjoy this thread. Fewer flashes in the pan so to speak. I am at the gym working on a cross trainer my therapist suggested. I get so bored string staring out at the trees that this way I can "talk" and wLk at the same time and not worry about running into something. It also makes the clock go by faster Yesterday I was at 44 steps per minute. Today as I type I am at 75 steps per minute. Didn't know I had it in me to go the fast. Not that I am trying to race but I am mindlessly moving my legs. And this is after I swam for almost two hours. My legs will be jello later. Oops. Oh well more strength means better recovery.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Tanks you all for being concern about me.

I drugged out a pair of old sneakers pulled the inserts out and feet feel much better has more room and not cutting my circulations off.. got to get out tomorrow So glad I can get shoes on. They don't look so hot but better than bare feet. I took 2 water pills today and they sure are working. Maybe I will drop another pound today and get in a Virgin weight loss. Been a long time but getting there
    As sit here typing the Notifications line is going like mad. I do believe their is one every few seconds, Where are they coming from? this is unreal. trying to read every post but know I must have missed some.

Marie
  • lovesretirement
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I just read the last 2 pages..18 new people. They make up the bulk of the pages.

Esther.. You are doing so well! :)

Marie...that's what makes this group special..we care. <3
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    So I am going to put this on this thread. Too much on the other one. I just got a call from my mom. My dads brother called them last night. When he calls it is usually a several hour call. He told my parents that his wife is in the hospital with cellulitis. She is a very heavy woman and because of her weight she is getting ulcers on her legs that don't like to heal. She ended up with cellulitis and now she is in the hospital with iv antibiotics. She is a classic example of leading a horse to water but can't make them drink. She has tried every diet know to man including the lap-band. Her problem is she just doesn't stick with anything. She treats herself for losing a few pounds every time. It kills all of us to see it continue but there is nothing we can do except be there for her and encourage her when she does lose. My biggest fear is she will end up I a nursing home in next couple years. She has a very hard time walking now and it is only getting worse. She is too much for my uncle to handle already. It is just heart breaking. Sorry but I had to vent. Thanks guys for listening.

Esther
    Sorry I vent a lot but it is the best way for me to get past it without it derailing me with stress.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hi gang, Been out and about today and just getting around to reading some posts.
    Might just bipass the other thread today!!! Not up to reading all of that.

Shirley, Your grandson is absolutely adorable.

Connie, I know you must be so tired of the other thread!!!

Marie, So happy your swelling is going down.

Esther, Sorry about your family problem. You are doing great!!

Stephanie, Always good to see you here.

Nancy
  • skn57
    skn57 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Esther - stay the course, venting is a good thing (we all need a sounding board). Before someone can help themselves they have to change their mindset, otherwise, they will never succeed.

Sue N.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I been reading up on this site Some pretty good meals plans can be change to suit you preference I never been on it but might five it a try
    Without their shakes and bars and change it to 1-1-1- plan. hey give recipes if you click on it.
    http://glucerna.com/diabetes-meal-plans?cid=email_an_glu_26&utm_campaign=glu-2015-steady-ahead&utm_medium=email&utm_source=glu-CRM&utm_content=glu-april#day-5
    I think I may used it as a guideline or some of them.
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Esther..this is why we are here..to listen and support you the best way we know how. <3
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    skn57 wrote: »
    Esther - stay the course, venting is a good thing (we all need a sounding board). Before someone can help themselves they have to change their mindset, otherwise, they will never succeed.

Sue N.

I see we have a new member to join our chatty chat group Welcome tell us a little about yourself Sue.
    marie