20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    it is such a delight in reading all of your posting Gang. I just had a banana milk shake for breakfast. Wish I had put a T of peanut butter in it and it would really have been a super duper. oops just realize I do not have any peanut butter in the house. Better put it at the top of my grocer list. So its FBI someone need to find out what FBI stands for us misfit
    My ailment for today. I have a new one everyday my big toe woke me up this morning hurting. Suppose I have the gout?? my brother had it and I remember his big toe hurting. He past away
    3 years ago. so can't check with him.
    have a great and wonderful day Agents
    marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Marie..I enjoy your humongous spin on everything. :) It may be gout..have you had a lot of spicy foods? I think that is one of the culprits.

There are 31 posts over there...I'm on the way..sigh.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone

Stephanie-I have been putting pico da gio, grapes, jalapenos, green pepper, and a little bit of bacon bits,also lean ham if I want it more filling. I dont hardly ever put cheese on my salads anymore, the calories add up quick. I like the baby tomatoes too. I use ground turkey alot for my tacos, it is pretty good, I also make meatloaf with ground turkey.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Marie..I enjoy your humongous spin on everything. :) It may be gout..have you had a lot of spicy foods? I think that is one of the culprits.

There are 31 posts over there...I'm on the way..sigh.

Every chance I get Connie Te doctor took my brother off of red meat. Don't know if it help him or not But sinc I have been up it is not huring anymore I guess my shoes numb it
    Marie

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Marie-glad your toe feels better, hopefully its not anything.
  • CALIECAT
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thanks janet I been aiming to tell you I love your new picture
    marie

I see I am dropping a lot of letters in my posting sorry about that. I can see better now Guess I need to wait until afternoon to start posting.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hey Gang. What a pleasure to see you here. It just gets busier over there everyday!!!

Guess I want to be a Special Agent in this group, my husband was a Special Agent with the RR.

I got some Perdue's ground chicken yesterday at Kroger and I thought it was much better than the ground
    Turkey that I usually get. I think I will try a meatloaf with it soon. The turkey after I freeze it is so tough and
    this was not at all.

Stephanie, Knowing you you, you will make something great for dinner that will please all of your family.
    I think you have a knack for creating great food dishes.

Marie, Hope you get that Big Toe under control, you don't need any gout to deal with.

Connie, You probably need a rest day from the Challenge!!!

Question: Does all protein powders have a lot of Tyrosine and Tryptophan in them. I can't
    use protein powder on a daily basis if it contains a lot of those ingredients as it will really mess with
    me. They might just be a natural ingredient in protein powders???

See you soon.

Nancy

• CALIECAT
    Options
    have no ideal Nancy about what all in the protein powder
    I bet Connie wish she never ran across the Easter thread. It was our lucky day that she did.
  • lovesretirement
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @CALICAT..No regrets..if I hadn't stumbled on that thread, I would not have met you, started 1:1:1, or met all these wonderful folks!! <3

Currently taking bets on when it will slow down over there.. :D
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    nancy I tried one of those healty choice steamer Was real good and no gluten either so it says. But oh the sodium I forgot about the sodium . I bought 2 but will not eat the other one Will stick to fresh veggies
    fresh fruit, fresh meat. milk shakes I had my shoes on to go to the store and when we got home my feet felt like when you sit on your hand and fall asleep My feet is still swollen up very bad. even taking my water pills. I guess my shoes cut the circulations off.

Just in case I turn up missing here You can PM Alice on my friends list. she is one of the first on my list. not looking for anything to happen to me but at my age it could anytime.
    marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Marie, Sorry about the Healthy Choice not being something you can eat.
    Maybe Jerry can eat it so it want be wasted.
    Keep those feet propped up so you can get rid of that fluid problem!!
    Nancy <3
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    @slw19 interpol lol I love it!

@eyegirl777va I look at the protien powder I use and it has it but it is the very last ingredient so it probably isn't that much. It is called Designer Whey.

@slw19 I like purple cabbage cucumber broccoli red apples and bell peppers. Sometimes dried blue berries or cranberries and pecans.

There are some good ideas on the other board. I ma using a water app now and it's pretty cool. It tells you how many oz. I need to drink for my weight and reminds me every couple of hours to drink waterwith the sound of a glass of water being poured.
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Hey Gang. What a pleasure to see you here. It just gets busier over there everyday!!!

Guess I want to be a Special Agent in this group, my husband was a Special Agent with the RR.

I got some Perdue's ground chicken yesterday at Kroger and I thought it was much better than the ground
    Turkey that I usually get. I think I will try a meatloaf with it soon. The turkey after I freeze it is so tough and
    this was not at all.

Stephanie, Knowing you you, you will make something great for dinner that will please all of your family.
    I think you have a knack for creating great food dishes.

Marie, Hope you get that Big Toe under control, you don't need any gout to deal with.

Connie, You probably need a rest day from the Challenge!!!

Question: Does all protein powders have a lot of Tyrosine and Tryptophan in them. I can't
    use protein powder on a daily basis if it contains a lot of those ingredients as it will really mess with
    me. They might just be a natural ingredient in protein powders???

See you soon.

Nancy

Those are listed on the isagenix shakes under "amino acids"...435mg and 830mg.

• CALIECAT
    Options
    nancy Jay robb has so many things I have never heard of Tomorrow I am going to look up homemade smoothie without the powder stuff. I am about out of it anyway. With the egg white in a catron should be pretty easy to make one.
    marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    @CALICAT..No regrets..if I hadn't stumbled on that thread, I would not have met you, started 1:1:1, or met all these wonderful folks!! <3

Currently taking bets on when it will slow down over there.. :D

Don't bank on it!!!!! But I bet half will drop off the face of the screen before July. I have already noticed a few flashes in the pan. I am curious.......how many have agreed to the challenge? And how many have posted more than twice?

Esther
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good evening team,

so taco Tuesday was an overall success. my son was so happy and is currently in my backyard roasting marshmallows and making s'mores, oh to be 12 :) So, I made the turkey in a pan on the stove and once browned, separated out 3-4 oz for me and 1/2 of what was left for my hubby, and seasoned the rest for the boy. I put out chopped lettuce, avocado, salsa, cheese, tomatoes, guacamole, corn, chips and taco shells. my daughter is happy with guac, corn and cheese in her tacos.

I made the most delicious salad. I used spinach, tomatoes, green onion, avocado, cucumber and ground turkey. I topped with 4 tbsp. of salsa and I mixed 2 tbsps. of plain greek yogurt with garlic salt and pepper and made some sour cream. it was so good and satisfying, I would definitely make again!! greek yogurt is so versatile.

hope everyone has a good night!!

ps, don't be surprised to read this on the 4th thread as I only have so much to say, haha!
  • slw19
    Options
    Sonya, hope today was better!!

I cant believe that there are almost 1/2 as many posts on the 4th thread already as we have in total on the easter thread :) way to go Connie!!
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    @slw19 - your taco salad sounds delicious. I am definitely making this soon.
  • slw19
    Options
    it really was so good and well within my calories
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Marie I hope your feet get better soon, and your toe. I've had a problem with my feet swelling for many years. I have hyperhidrosis, mostly of the feet and hands, so I think the swelling is related to that somehow. The worst is if it happens while I'm sitting for a while when out somewhere, they swell too large for my shoes and make it so hard and painful to walk.