20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Friday!

It sure is quiet in here...where is everyone??

I hope you guys are quiet because you're gearing up for Mother's Day weekend, and you don't have time to peek in. :)
    Or maybe it's just too early for you today. Rise and shine, losers! ;)

I'm up and ready to go to the gym for personal training and aquazumba. B)

At any rate, make it a great day! Stay strong!

<3 Connie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    We are on a trip that has taken us south through Washington and Oregon to NW California. Yesterday we drove along the coast of the Pacific Ocean. Not enough walking but very healthy eating
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    We are on a trip that has taken us south through Washington and Oregon to NW California. Yesterday we drove along the coast of the Pacific Ocean. Not enough walking but very healthy eating

Oh have fun!! Never been to the west coast. It is on my bucket list.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

I hope you guys are quiet because you're gearing up for Mother's Day weekend, and you don't have time to peek in. :)

<3 Connie

Thanks Connie. You are always so chipper early in the morning. Have a good day. I plan to also.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to go to Yoga class but thought I would stop in and say hay!

The scale is up today yesterday was not a good staying on track day. Running around and grabbing food
    from here and there. Ate some nuts at night and the scale was up this morning. :s

Going back to South Beach Diet plan today and hope life doesn't get in the way and stick to it.

Becky - You are very young grandma. I just got my first grandchild and I am 66. You look fabulous. I hope
    you enjoyed your day.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    hey after a vey stormy night the sun is shinning brightly this morning but more is on the way here this afternoon or evening. needless to say our lakes around here are overflowing.

<3 Thanks Connie for waking us all up and let us know what day it is. You don't <3 know how much I depend on that

<3 Shirley Back to your old standby SBD that's good. You always did good on that plan.

<3 Barbie. When are you heading home. Sounds like you are having fun

<3 Vicky That West coast trip sounds like an enjoyable one.

We are off to the grocer store this morning.
    Love to all
    Marie

• slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies,

so I am officially in the 140's and so happy!! not to mention, I could screw it up by eating one cookie:( I was down .6 this morning at 149.2. so I am happy!! I think I had hoped to be here by march but will take it in may!!

weather is warm but very humid and storms are coming. I have lots of cookies to make for mother's day so I better get busy!!

hope everyone has a great day!

Stephanie

ps. connie, I couldn't sit on the toilet for like a week after I started doing body pump, I was so sore!!
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday,
    Another Beautiful day for us.
    Getting ready for exercise on my bike.
    Have a good day.
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @slw19 Surprisingly...I have not been sore. I think it's because I have worked with the personal trainer weight lifting, squatting, and lunging 2x a week since December. The scale is not showing a loss, but my stamina, endurance, and flexibility rocks! B)
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Starting June 15th more classes are being added to Yoga plus after July 4th there will be Yoga on the beach but at
    6:15 am. EEEk!! not a morning person. So I have all sorts of extra classes I can go to.

Connie - don't forget you are gaining muscle with all those workouts. The scale may up a little for a while.
    But I know you won't get discouraged.

Shirley
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options

<3 Connie

I'm in tHe kitchen baking 8 double batches of cookies for the ballet tonight.....while those are baking I am spraying more glitter on 2 costumes so they are dry for tonight......reading these posts.......downloading pics I took last night.........laundry going........and wishing I was on a beach in Hawaii........... I am so mentally and physically fried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @SeeAhtter787 Kudos to you..you are whirlwind of multitasking!!!

@Shirley61 Thanks for the vote of confidence! I do get very discouraged because the scale isn't moving, and there are days I want to just give up, but that's what I have done so many times in the past which is the reason I'm still struggling with this. I'm in for the long haul.
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Now that I have a few minutes to breathe......I am at physical therapy. My therapist is so pleased wiTh my strength that she is willing to turn me loose early. But I said lets just finish it out. I only have 4 visits left anyway. Makes it look good to the doc. So I am definitely ready for surgery she said. And yesterday I hit 13000+ steps!!!!!! But I have had no time for swimming. I really miss it. But I will get a few minutes in tomorrow during lessons with my little one. Can't wait. Then I will do my weigh in for the week as well. On Tuesday it said + 4 but I know I was awfully swollen then so I'm hoping it has come down

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Esther that is great news
    marie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Morning,

We are heading for the boat this morning. A fabulous day and sunny and lots to do to get ready for the
    boating season.

Enjoy your day !

Shirley
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Shirley, thank you. We are over the moon in love with our grandbabies <3

Connie, hang in there with not losing. I agree that you are gaining lots of muscle with all the incredible exercising you are doing. Are your measurements showing losses or are your clothes fitting better... those are what you are likely seeing! :-) I admire your incredible determination to stick with it when the scale doesn't want to budge. I also find that SOOOOO hard to do. Boo hiss to scales! LOL :-)

Well, with my birthday and Mother's Day this week, I know I didn't do as well as I would have liked with eating. However, we had tons of nurses week and finals week pot lucks, cakes and cupcakes. With the exception of one lunch potluck with our LPN students (it meant a lot to them that I join them), I stayed far away from all the rest! So, I consider it a victorious week all things considered! :smiley:

I will weigh in tomorrow morning, but I know it will be up. I'm hoping to get my resolve back to where it should be starting today. Had a smoothie for breakfast and will do the same for lunch. I feel the need for a bit of detoxing and the smoothies feel really cleansing. I'll eat a regular healthy dinner. One day at a time, one meal at a time, one bite at a time. :-)

Have a wonderful weekend and a joyful Mother's Day!!! <3<3<3

Becky

• CALIECAT
    Options
    missing Connie this morning

Becky you are a breath of fresh air.
    I am expecting both of my daughters out tomorrow for Mother day.
    Jerry is taking me out to eat tonight.

Esther did you get all of those cookies bake without eating a ton of them?

Shirley have fun cleaning t he boat up

have a great day.
    Marie

929143gcgd137hxb.gif
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Hope everyone will have a great day.
    Getting together with hubby family and taking to lunch his 93 y/o mother. Will be a good day.
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good afternoon, losers! Happy Saturday!

I got up early, but was sidetracked doing other things..imagine that!

Hope everyone is having or will have a lovely Mother's Day weekend! <3

Becky and Shirley..it takes a very long time and copious amounts of protein to actually make any significant muscle gains. I have lost fat according to the body fat calculator, but weight loss has yet to show up on the evil >:) scale. I just have to be patient...sigh. :'(

Connie
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    @CALIECAT amazingly enough out of 50 dozen cookies I only ate 3 cookies. And that was because they hit my floor. It took all I could muster to not make them my meal. And every good cook needs to taste their wares..... B)

Esther