20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Just heard there was a plane crash in Alaska. Sure hope it was not Esther plane. Let us hear from you ASAP Esther
    Marie

I'm good. It was a flight see to misty fjords. Pilot and 8 passengers. I have no idea why they were flying in that weather yesterday. It was nasty. It was a DeHaviland Otter.
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Becky please let us know how this works out. "When I return, I begin with the personal trainer and metabolic coaching. Very exciting times!"

Just got home from dropping DD and DH at the airport for their trip to Chicago to look at colleges. Our DS's took the ride with me to see them off. Made me feel good since they could have stayed home at ages 18 & 15, but both wanted to come along. Guess I'm raising nice young men <3

I walked this morning and took the boys for their annual eye check up. All went fine. Then to the post office to mail a letter to my niece that is teaching in Thiland. It was only a $1.20 to go that far around the world! Drank extra water today because it's so hot here in So Cal.

Time for bed. Nighty nite all

Rosie
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    italy10548 wrote: »
    Becky please let us know how this works out. "When I return, I begin with the personal trainer and metabolic coaching. Very exciting times!"
    Rosie

Rosie, I definitely will keep the group posted on how it goes. I am really excited to get started with having me be accountable to my trainers. The fact that I will be working out with them 3 days every week and they will be taking all my measurements and pictures every 21 days, means I will need to stay on target every day. I signed up for a full year (it was much less expensive, too) as I want to give myself an entire year to get completely reset with my metabolism and develop strong lean muscles and the work ethic to keep at it no matter what.

I hope your son finds the right school. I loved those times of looking at colleges with our three kids! And yes, it sounds as though you are raising very nice young men. Great job, Mom! :-)

Becky
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I am off to a new eating adventure this morning I have been reading . Ihave been having problems getting my protein goal up to par this plant base plan you once. Have 10 % protein, 10 % fat and 80 % carbs. O I change my dairy last night. So I am ready to give it a try. Ian going to give it a22 daub trail run ( 3 weeks) at the end of 3weeks I should know if this is for me
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    I see I have lots of misspelled words no wonder
    on our Notifications their is a guy I must have read one of his post answer it for it to show up there but I do not want all of his Notifications is there a way to get rid of his Notifications on mine

I think it might be a thread that you bookmarked.....if you go to that thread when you see it on your list, you can go to the yellow bookmark star at the top and click it and the yellow will go away and you won't be notified anymore about it.

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Saturday!

My, my you guys have been busy!
    Marie.. What's your new plan? I hope you will have at least 30-40% protein. That's a challenge for vegan. If vegetarian, you may still do eggs and Greek yogurt, I think.

It's cloudy here and is supposed to rain. That's good because we need it.
    The dog has been walked, and I think I will go back to bed.

Make it a great day!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie the book is called 22 day Revolution it has 80 carbs, 10 % fat and 10% protein. I am going to try to follow it for 3 weeks and see how I feel will be takin my blood pressure and blood sugar real often, I know that is a lot of carbs and low protein but maybe that is what I need to get these pounds rolling off. And get more energy. I got my dairy set at those figures already.

<3 Marie
  • CALIECAT
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Barbie I will try and see if I can get it off thanks. You are a whiz at the conputer

Marie
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am cautiously happy to announce that my husband and I are almost officially in a large amount of debt! Haha. After a couple days of back and forth counter offers, we have come to a signed acceptance on a house!!! I hope this is the right choice and that all works out well and that we will be very happy with our decision and purchase. :)

Make it a good day, ladies! :)
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Oooh @rayw89 you are so close! I'm happy for you. Will the new house have a work out room?
  • CALIECAT
    edited June 2015
    Options
    rayw89 Happy happy for you rachel
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Yes @Eninad there are 3 bedrooms, one will be my husband's office, and the other is going to be our gym. :D I'll pull my treadmill out of storage and get it all oiled up and ready to run.:) My husband is going to mount a TV in there and put his weights in there too. Yay! The windows are very tall in this house which is nice, lets in a lot of light, and the window in the gym faces out on the back yard with no visible neighbors, so it will be quite nice.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Rachel, So happy that everything came together and you got your new home!!! I know you will enjoy
    it so much and it will keep you busy for awhile.

I have had a lot of things to do today after being away for a week. Nice to be home.

Marie, Be careful with the new plan. Beware of that amount of carbs getting your blood glucose out of wack!!!

Connie, How are you doing with your plan? Hope you are doing well.

Hope all of the other misfits are doing well.

Nancy

• SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Home again, home again, jiggity jig

For some reason 91 degrees just doesn't set well with me. I was suffering from mild heatstroke today in Seattle. And it wasn't from dehydration. I made sure of that.

Esther
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi everyone and happy sunday!!

I am so tired but it is actually beautiful here so I am trying to motivate for a good long power walk. we have been eating out so much since the kids are gone, I am ready to eat home:) I haven't even gone grocery shopping. this week I will be gone most of the time so after the holiday, we will start eating home again. good news is my weight has stayed the same although I would like to start dropping again. I think I will have lost a total of 3lbs this challenge as I keep going up and down the same 2lbs. frustrating!

connie, I checked out the Scooby's site and I think I should be on track for about a lb a week. I just think it is so hard to judge how strenuous your exercise is. what might be difficult for one, may not be for another.....

Rachel, great news about a house!! so excited for you! you need to post some pics.

marie, I agree with connie that you need more than 10% protein. I thin the recommended guideline is 25% but if you exercise a lot, it should be more.

nancy, hope all is well

ester, welcome back:) I agree 91 is hot. we are going to south beach next week so I m sure it will be warm there. it has been cool here so far so I might welcome the warmth for a couple of days!!

Enidad, nice to see you.

have a great day!!
    Stephanie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Sunday!

:) Esther..welcome back!
    :) Ray..contgrats on the house!
    :) Nancy..I am plodding along on my diet break. I will continue it for another month or so then cut. You would think I would be happy with more food, but it's a struggle to keep it healthy.
    :) Steph..good to see you. I cut my exercise down to 4 days a week. My body was just too tired even with the increase in food.
    :) Becky, Barbie, Rosie, Enidad..hope all is well with you guys.
    :) Marie..Nancy is right...careful with the carbs. It's all about balance...remember 1:1:1.

Well, the last week on the challenge is here. I will create a thread to post your loss beginning June 30. Many thanks to Rachel for crunching the numbers. There are only a few folks left on it, and looks like they had great success!

Make it a great day!
    Stay strong!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I good morning And a great Sunday morning too it is.
    My grandson Blaine and his new girl friend will bless Me with a new greatgrandsonat a party last night call
    Buck or Doe party. .it is a BOY. We did not go for we don,t drive at night. Nor did we wish to go.They are planning a wedding in September. I don't know why they are waiting these young kids now days . Beyond I think it was more of a drinking party. As you can see I am not to happy about all of it.

Marie

• JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday Morning, Ladies!

We finally had a bit of rain yesterday and a cool front move in over night which cut the humidity finally. Today's high is only 81 (we have been in the upper 90s for weeks).

I am logging faithfully and have increased my cardio again along with weights. For April and May I did mainly weight lifting but did not see any scale movement so I am now riding my bike through the streets and swimming at the neighborhood pool in addition to weights.

I have seen some scale movement but will wait to make it official on Tuesday's weigh in.

Esther, do you swim indoors or outdoors? Chlorine or salt water? I have access to an outdoor pool until early August and would like to continue swimming after that but we don't have a good selection of indoor pools.

Wish the neighborhood pool would stay open through September....it will be plenty hot....sigh

Make it a good day!
    Ruthie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    <3
    posted a recipe but only got half of it so goin to try again.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday Afternoon to all,
    Hope everyone is doing ok.
    Trying to get back in my routine.
    Nancy