20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I've been missing for a couple days, feedings and homework and gym have left me a lot shorter on time. I just caught up on reading all the posts though, reading through smears on my glasses after one of my cats gave me love, haha. Also typing with one hand while she steals my lap and arms.

Marie, the babies are cuter by the hour. The little girl has outgrown her brother by 28 grams as of yesterday. Her brother has a lot of trouble during feedings, he's very fussy and wants to eat so bad that he fights it. We need him to start packing on some weight. Their both starting to gain sight, the little girl more so. It's so cute to see her look up at you and meow and walk toward you. <3 Both of them are starting to groom themselves, which is great and super cute. So far they're just licking their paws and arms. They're the sweetest little babies and I hope they grow up big, strong, and healthy. Our adult cats are getting more comfortable with the situation too.

Esther, you're awesome! Goal reached and it won't be long til you reach the next goal you set. You stay so active, you definitely know how to do it right!

Janice, I hope you can get your sister into the better nursing home. Fight them until they're tired of pushing. It's probably something to do with which home will get them more money. The health care system is really awful when it comes to money and greed. Just keep doing what you know is right as far as food and exercise, and give weighing a break. I hope you'll get a good, peaceful day soon.

We're supposed to see some houses tomorrow, I'm looking forward to it. If the ones we're supposed to see are indeed still available, they seem like they're some really nice homes.

I've changed my workout routine as of Monday. Instead of doing an average of an hour and 20 minutes in the gym, I'm only doing a 35 minute jog/run, a 5 minute walk/cool down, and a handful of arm exercises. So I'm only spending around 45 minutes in the gym. I'm hoping I still see success with this, because it's a lot more doable on a tighter schedule. We'll see what Friday says.

Glad to be back in the loop! Hopefully I won't be too absent these days. Glad to see you all! :)

-Rachel
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Janice I see nothing rude in Esther reply. Must have been a misunderstanding

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am back on my I pad the computer just black out I am pretty sure I lost all of my programs boo hoo. Not again
    <3 Marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Wednesday!

Esther...you are such an inspiration!
    Ray.. good to have you back. Change in any routine is good. I'm cutting back to 4 days a week.
    Marie..hope you find the problem on the computer..technology can be finicky.
    Nancy, Ruthie, Faye, Barbie, and Janice...good to see you.

Personal training and 30 minute walk for me today. I am meeting a friend for lunch today so I need to look at the online menu.

Make it a great day, losers!
    Stay strong!
    Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all,

hope everyone is having a good day!! I am off to do weights with my workout buddy, she is my partner in personal training and we try to meet one or two times during the week to do weights together.

I have been eating well the last couple of days, enjoying the peace. we just tend to go out a lot when kids are gone so I need to be careful, going to lunch and dinner today. it is so nice to catch up with friends.

ester keep up the good work
    marie hope you figure out the problems
    Rachel, sounds like you have your hands full
    Janice, hope your sister is in the best place. it is so hard, I had to do this with my mom a couple years ago. I found a place down the street from my house and I went there all of time.
    nancy, faye, Barbie and connie, have a great day!

stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    My compucter came back on. ??????????????
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    My compucter came back on. ??????????????
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Been up for awhile dealing with the nursing home issue, still not sure if shes going where we want her to, the nursing home has not accepted her yet. Where shes at now, they havent been washing her hair regularly, I had to make sure that got done today before she left. Talked to case worker and she said she is definitely going into a nursing home today, even if its not the one we chose. Stressed out and overate last night, normally I havent let my emotions put me in that place.

Esther sorry I took you wrong, its because of dealing with my sister and the nursing home.

Ray I will have a peaceful day after this is all settled, its been a hard couple of months, worrying about my sister and the death of 2 of my dogs.

Stephanie glad you found a place close for your mom, theres nothing very close to me, but the place I want is in close proximity to several of my family members, including me.

Have a good day everyone. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    it's off again????? What's going on?
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Janice *hug*

Marie, I wish I could see your computer in person, if I couldn't figure it out I know my husband would find it's issue.

Stephanie, enjoy your outings! :)

Connie, enjoy your outing too! :)

Have a good hump-day everybody!

-Rachel
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello

Esther - Great loss and keep up the good work!

I have not gotten on the scale yet will give me some time to settle back in to my way of eating.
    Yesterday was pretty much laundry all day and now putting it away.

We are leaving again on Friday for a wedding in Michigan but I will have my tablet to keep track of things. :)

Janice - I hope you can find the right nursing home. We had my Dad in one in Florida but we were lucky
    he went from the hospital right there. I guess it's easier to get in. The right one is key so you don't have
    to worry about your loved one when you are not there. My Dad was in for 5 years with dementia, which was
    a blessing for us since we lived in Canada. A long 5 years.

Have a good day everyone!

Shirley

• janiceclark08
    Options
    Ray -Thank you for being so sweet, it looks like our prayers have been answered, we are getting my sister in the nursing home we wanted, she is suppose to being transferred at 1:30, I am going to meet her at the nursing home in a few minutes, it is going to take alittle while for her to get there. I weighed and I am down, but still not at the lowest weight I have been, but I will get back there and more, not giving up. I will be okay. Gotta go. Janice
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Shirley -That was the problem they have plenty of beds at the bad ones, all rank 1 and the place we wanted was a 4, and the case worker kept trying to put her in a one. I took matters into my own hands called the nursing home and got the ball rolling and had to call the case worker again to say we wanted that one and not the alternatives pretty sternly she had her own agenda. My grand mother went to this one. Linda is only suppose to be tbere a short time to get her muscles in better shape, so she can walk again, shes so weak from being in the bed and sick for a month and a half. Gotta run Janice
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    That's ok Janice. It is a lot to deal with. We had to deal with my sister in law and elder abuse and the county sheriff from 700 miles away. Glad to hear she is getting into the one you want.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks Ray
    right now it is working fine Seems if I shut it down it takes a couple hours before it will come back on. Its probable all my fault I am looking into the zone diet. It is base on the same principle as the 1-1-1- diet. He wants you to eat 40 protein 30 fat and 30 carbs I have his book but there is no way I can read the fine print in the book I will have to get the kindle edition . I bought the book way back there but never went on it. But I remember if you ate an apple for a
    snack to have some protein with it. All I remember

Marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Janice..hang it there. Do not worry about your weight at this time...you have enough stress on you.
    Marie..that's what I have my macros set to..40/30/30.
    Ray..hubs and I are looking at land to build. Tired of the subdivision..it has changed over time.

My lunch was great! We went to a place called Le Peep that serves breakfast/brunch. I had an old-fashioned burger and fries. The burger was not one of the standard flat-processed ones...it was thick! ;) Next time I'm gonna get a waffle. My friend had one, and it looked delish!

Connie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!
    Connie...I am going to follow suit and make my official weigh in day on Tuesdays. Without the official once a week weigh in I feel the year slipping away at lightening speed and no real weight lost.

Marie...that's right, no traveling for us. We are happy to be settled and just do local activities.

Esther...some people comment on your food but I cannot see your diary? Any idea why? I always like to get ideas from others.

Janice...glad you will have some peace with your sister's care.

Shirley...I would love to spend more time on and around water like you!

Ray...good luck with house hunting. I looked at over 100 houses during a 7 month period before we bought our first together 10 years ago.

The sky is acting like a storm is brewing but it just won't happen and we really need the rain here in Georgia. We have been in the upper 90s for weeks and no rain.

Happy Hump Day!
    Ruthie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi Ruthie. Come on up to Alaska. It is raining here today. I thought my diary was public but when I checked it was private. I fixed that and now you can see it. I have to admit I like meat and seafood. We eat lots of those. We also are able to get our hands on moose meat. Honestly that is the best game meat ever. In face we had Hawaiian moose burgers the other day. Hope my diary can give you some ideas.

And for anyone else that would like to see my diary you are more than welcome to look anytime.

Esther
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Esther! I took a quick peak and must say you eat some really yummy things! I also noticed that I snack a lot more than you. Thanks for opening it up.
    BTW Alaska is the big trip I really want to take soon (next few years). I have been wanting to for ever!
    Ruthie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    469367makfzcur9b.gif I'm reading a great book, "Better Than Before" by Gretchen Rubin about forming habits

469367makfzcur9b.gif One of my best habits is to automatically invite my friends to meet me for a walk rather than a meal. Today I walked for over an hour with a friend and enjoyed her company in a great calorie burning way.

<3 Barbie