20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies,

I am back to my daily posting. I just had such a good egg white/oat meal pancake, it was delicious. I am off to spin although it is gorgeous here, I walked the dog briefly this morning. felt like 70 and sunny with a little breeze, love that weather.

I made salmon and green beans for dinner last night. thinking shishkebob tonight? just so easy to make on the grill. so much easier cooking and cleaning up after me and the hubby versus the whole crew. I miss the kids like crazy but am enjoying the peacefulness of having them away. I know they will be back!

have a great day!!

ps. back to 1lb over this morning. water weight is a killer.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Great enjoy the peace and quite Stephanie while you can. Breakfast sounds good
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Connie are you increasing your calories to see how much you can eat without gaining? And then what? I don't, understand

YES!

I am increasing calories to get to maintenance for my body. Maintaining is not losing or gaining.

According to the online calculators, for my weight and exercise level, it takes from 2500-2800 calories to maintain my 224 pounds.

Once I get to the range when my weight starts to increase at a steady rate and NOT drop back down, I have probably reached maintenance. So yes, I am increasing to see how many calories I can eat without gaining.

It's really a "diet break" ...letting your body rest from dieting. When I get to that point, I'm just going to hang out there for a while to let my body heal. Then...maybe August or September, I will cut that amount by 10-15% to start losing again.

Connie

• Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm still trucking along. Yesterday was my lowest weigh in 25 years, but it didn't stick for this morning's official day, but it tells me I can go lower still!

From my highest weight (250) to this morning (203.6) is a great improvement. I started mfp after I dropped my first 10 pounds because I thought I might get stuck and not have the will to break 200. Support from the challenge groups keeps me going.

I may need a reset like Connie is doing as I increase activity, because we need to raise calories for the proper fueling, but I'm not there yet. Probably necessary this fall.

All I can think about at the moment is how close I am to Onderland.
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    So glad to see everyone is doing so well this morning :) We are gearing up for a week of hot hot weather!! I really don't like high90's let alone the101 to 104 they are projecting by the weekend!!!! I am grateful my son is heading to N.Y. on Thursday to visit his dad's family for a couple of weeks. He has a myriad of health issues and really doesn't do well in the heat.

I am also glad yesterday I actually found some shorts that fit <3 Was able to buy 5 pairs including some dressy ones ! Yippee !!

Of course, yesterday I had someone else doing the cooking so was way over on sodium and fats. A whopping 4 pounds up this morning. I am definitely not letting that happen again :( I just have to keep going my own way and restrict that salt........

Enjoy your time with your hubby Stephanie, and enjoy all those fun kiddos Esther ! I am utterly fascinated by how much you Have been able to up your calories Connie :) Your soup sounds awesome Marie!!

Have a great Tuesday <3. Tami
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh Eninad....... That is so awesome :) You are my second friend within just a couple of pounds of breaking 200 !! You definitely have this <3
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    There are 100 posts so I won't be catching up just too many and not enough time.

Hi everyone I am back from the cottage and no Wi Fi so I couldn't check in. I have lost all my days but that is okay because I will be leaving again in another week for sailing so I will just do what I can to post this summer. It will be a busy one.

We had a great time at the cottage our friend Tom came with us, he lost his wife and my best friend in November. He loves the lake and the cottage so he had a great time fishing. We caught 15 fish but could only keep 10 due to slot size or some bass which were not in season yet. We did have a fish fry at some friend's house we know up there and they cook 40 fillets for all of us. Delicious! The weather was good with only one day of rain.
    We ate well except some cheese, crackers, ice cream and cake which Tom brought. I will not weigh in yet for
    a couple of days. We took my MIL up to her cottage, she is 89 and really misses it. She said she won't stay
    there alone anymore.

Today I tried to get in a Yoga class but no one was there at the studio. So I will have to email and find out
    what happened today. I know some power was out in the area due to a wicked storm we had last night.
    Today I am doing laundry and catching up on the computer. I tried WI FI at Tim Horton's but no luck. It said
    it was connected but my Tablet just didn't preform. My Fit Bit is not syncing to my tablet either. I think we
    will uninstall and reinstall the app again.

So I hope everyone is doing well and hope I can catch up again.

Shirley
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. I guess yesterday helped me out. I weighed myself this morning..............232!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have now lost 62 pounds!!!!!!!!! I have reached my challenge goal!!!!!!! I'm not done losing but I feel so good that I have reached my temporary goal. I decided to crochet myself a sweater to celebrate my 60 pound loss. I have just the sleeves left to make. I started making it on the ferry ride home last weekend.

Esther
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Another hot one here today, been on the phone alot trying to sort out what nursing home they are going to be sending my sister to tommorrow, they are only giving her certain choices, and they are not the ones we want. I have talked to the one we want and they said for her case worker to send a refferral. I sure hope she does get in, its like her worker has a vested interest in sending her to one of the worse rated ones, its had me in a tizzy the past 2 days, trying to make sure she dont get sent to a bad one, for her rehab, for her muscles. For lunch I had a bowl of pinto beans that I had made in crockpot, the other day, cabbage casserole and corn bread. I didnt weigh today, it just wasnt something I wanted to deal with today. Gotta go. Janice
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Esther thats wonderful about losing 62lbs, you have killed it on this challenge, I need to check out your diary and see what your eating, but I do know you are very active. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi everybody. I guess yesterday helped me out. I weighed myself this morning..............232!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have now lost 62 pounds!!!!!!!!! I have reached my challenge goal!!!!!!! I'm not done losing but I feel so good that I have reached my temporary goal. I decided to crochet myself a sweater to celebrate my 60 pound loss. I have just the sleeves left to make. I started making it on the ferry ride home last weekend.

Esther
    Oh. Esther do post your sweater I used to crochet vest but do not recalled making any sweaters plemty of afagran kids toys ears doggie & etc. in my younger days. A lot younger. Great on your lost
    In fact fantastic what a way to go. You are our hero

<3 Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    @janiceclark08 I have been eating whatever I want. I just make sure I eat proper portions.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    What ever you are doing . Don't stop till you get where you want to be,. You got the right the right balanced
    Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options

Esther

smiley-cool05.gif Esther, making a new clothing item to celebrate your weight loss is a great idea....congrats on reaching this milestone.

<3 Barbie
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options

Esther

Esther that's amazing!!

Be very proud you have done fantastic!

• CALIECAT
    Options
    We are very proud of you \Esther Reaching your goal How is the sweater coming along?

Marie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Esther!!
    Be back tomorrow to chat.
    Ruthie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Just dropping in to say hello.
    Looks like lots of good things happening in this group.
    Esther, You continue to amaze me!!! You are truly an inspiration to me!!!
    Good night all.
    Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Esther-I think you were kind of rude when I asked what you were eating, sometimes people want to change up what they are doing ,they dont need a simple I eat what I want in appropriare proportions like everyones over eatting.

• SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Esther-I think you were kind of rude when I asked what you were eating, sometimes people want to change up what they are doing ,they dont need a simple I eat what I want in appropriare proportions like everyones over eatting.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to sound that way.

Esther