20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi Ruthie. We have an indoor pool at our rec center. And unfortunately when they built our new pool the locals were begging for a saltwater pool but they out a chlorinated one in. A lot of us locals were kinda mad because the majority of the town wanted saltwater. But you know how politics goes. They do what they want anyway. So now I get the itchies from it because I am allergic to chlorine. Some of the people here have the big Walmart pools in their yards but the water never gets very warm for us to have an outdoor pool. Eve the ocean water is kinda chilly. As we locals say the water is only cold for the first few minutes then you are too numb to notice B)

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Well heck I forgot where I found it And I did not even get a copy Boo hoo.

marie
  • CALIECAT
    edited June 2015
    Options
    n.gife.gifv.gife.gifr.gifempty.gifempty.gifn.gifo.gift.gifi.gifc.gife.gif

Being there before
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    edited June 2015
    Options
    now I don,t know how I got that many letters to show up? Did not used too.
    Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Weather today is so awesome. It is 68 and overcast. It tried raining but didn't get very far. I will never complain about it here again. Not after 91 and blazing hot. Listen to me..........I'm such a pansy. ;)

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    edited June 2015
    Options
    <3 We have not reach 100 yet and we are grateful for that
    Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    <3 We have not reach 100 yet and we are grateful for that
    Marie

The last time I saw that hot I passed out. I was about 13 and my mom insisted on blow drying my hair (go figure). It was 102 in the shade in Cody Wyoming. I passed out in the girls bathroom and my dad had to come in a carry me out to the truck. He took ice out of the cooler and put it on my body and let it melt on my clothes. Mom dipped a wash rag into the ice water and put it on my head. Needless to say I Don't do heat very well. That is why I live in a rainforest. And people say "but it's a dry heat". Sorry......heat is heat. And I don't like it. B)

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Monday!

Hope you all are doing well. I'm just peeking in before heading to the gym for Aquazumba. Not really in the mood but going anyway since I sat on my butt all weekend! :)

Will check back later.
    Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies,

hope everyone had a great weekend. we went to my friends for dinner last night and had a BBQ with her and her husband. I love a good BBQ in the summer, we had skirt steak, roasted shaved brussel sprouts(those were so yummy), corn on the cobb, watermelon and a pasta salad. we sat outside until it started to rain but it was all the food summer is about:)

I heard from my kids and they sound great! I slept in this morning and am off to do weights and spin this morning. it is going to be a weird week for me because I am traveling to the lake and then to south beach.

I hope everyone has a great start to their week!

Stephanie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Afternoon,

I just got back from Yoga class and now back to reality of laundry and cleaning since I was away for the weekend.

We got back from Michigan last night, 6 hour drive and we were tired. The wedding was great, it did pour rain
    all day Saturday so much so the tent where it was held was beginning to get soggy. So we changed our plans
    on clothes and went shopping with another couple and I bought some pants and a top instead of my long
    dress and new shoes. The ceremony went off outside with no rain but cloudy skies and wind. Some of the
    bride's plans were cancelled due to weather. The food was good and we did have dancing inspite of the
    slippery floor they layed down. The Johnny on the Spot was only one and it filled up fast. Yuck!
    All in all we had a good time. It was too bad the next day the sun was out and it was beautiful and warm.
    They provided heaters in the tent because it did cool down. The sun did manage to come out around
    dinner time.

Now back to reality and laundry today and cleaning. I did get on the scale this morning and of course I am up
    b ut that was expected. I did record it and will be chipping away to get back to my ticker weight again. A
    real challenge this summer.

We will be leaving again on Thursday with our club cruise and our sail boat and will stay for a while after the long weekend.
    Our boat engine is fixed and hope all goes well on our next venture since it will be a 5 hour crossing on
    Lake Ontario.

I will try and check with you all this week before I leave. I will have my tablet on the boat with me since Wi Fi will
    be available at all ports.

Have a great day!

Shirley
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Shirley, the boating lifestyle sounds wonderful!

Esther, I am right there with you. I leave the pool and within hours my throat hurts. But alas, it is a great workout.

It stinks about your town pool not being saltwater. We had access to a saltwater pool for a few years and it was wonderful! No stingy eyes for the kids, no sore throat for me and no smelliness afterwards. I love salt water pools!!

Now we have a neighborhood chlorinated pool, oh well, at least we have a pool to enjoy.

We are enjoying fall like weather here in GA without leaves to rake :D i am loving it!

Make it a great day!
    Ruthie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    made it back from the grocer store and that sun is Hot Hot. I do need to get a hair tho. Don't think I ever been in salt water pool. either. I take that back we have been to the gulf of Mexico a few times But don't recalled anything special..
    Ruthie good to hear from you.

have a great day
    <3 Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning ladies. We are going. For 94 today. There are a lot of heat related death when it get in the 100's here. That's why I stay in our air conditom house. Get our grocer shopping done early.and don' do much cooking. Drink lots of tea.
    But we are used
    Going to the store to get stock up on some salad stuff. Ran completely out.i just had a banana for banana or breakfast. All I wanted.

See you later
    <3 Marie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Rachel-Congratulations on finding a house, what county is it in. Its nice not having neighbors behind you, we dont either.

Shirley-You lead an exciting life, always traveling somewhere, I'm sure with your husband retiring you have even more time to travel.

Stephanie-Sounds like you and your husband are enjoying yourselves, I love a barbecue myself. Glad your children are having fun at camp. Your trip to lake sounds nice and going to South Beach even better. I have never been there, but I have been to St. Petersburg, alot and I lived in Daytona for a short time, years ago. I have also been to Fort Walton, Orlando and more.

Marie-It was nice here over the weekend, I opened my windows both days. Today its hotter, air is on. With it being that hot there, its good to stay in the air and run errands early. Did you start that new plan, you were talking about?

Connie-The 4th of July challenge has several people at or over the 20lbs goal. That is good you started that group, Several success stories. Gotta go. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Yes I am on it Janice. doing great on it. At least the cooking part is. Seems to be at agreeing with me. my blood sugar doing great and so is my Blood pressure./ Will be going to have my lab work done the later part of July. . Then will find out about my Kidney. Protein is not too good for your kidney so hope this will help me.. I will continue eating my beans fruits and veggies. Hoping in the long run it will pay off. Food has a lot to do with our bodies and health/. Just before Easter I was having a lot of problems with diarrhea Which got worsed Was even scare to get out of the house. I have try the gluten free ] was on it before and it done wonders So I have really got serious about it and proud to announce no problems since January before we made out trip to MO. to see our new grandson. So that is my #1 diet plan now and then the fruit,nut,veggies and beans and very little protein. and fat.

If there is a problem after I get my lab work done may be looking for another plan.

<3 Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    made it back from the grocer store and that sun is Hot Hot. I do need to get a hair tho. Don't think I ever been in salt water pool. either. I take that back we have been to the gulf of Mexico a few times But don't recalled anything special..
    Ruthie good to hear from you.

have a great day
    <3 Marie

Did not get to my hair cut today. Jerry lost his remote control to his Car. So we been on the hunt path all afternoon. It is somewhere here in the house or yard But where This is the third time this year. I have an extra set but scare to give it to him afraid he might lose them.

Marie

• SeeAhtter787
    Options
    So now that I have this brace I was told I can now do whatever I want to. I said no it will not help me hike the trails I want to. Iris had soccer practice today. We walked down the hill pushing a baby in a stroller. Then I played a scrimmage game for 20 minutes kids against parents. Then we walked home. I'm done in today. But I will be making my 10000 steps today. The kids had a total blast playing against the parents. They always learn more that way.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning misfit losers! Happy Tuesday!

Marie..hope you guys found the keys.
    Shirley..enjoy your trip..sounds like so much fun!
    Stephanie..have fun at South Beach!
    Janice, Ruthie, Esther..hi there!

Not much happening here. Humidity is down some but promises to come back with a vengeance!

I have now gained 2 pounds in 30 days. My calories are set to 2600. Some days I just can't get to that number; last week the average intake was 2200. I try to keep it healthy and not eat junk. If I had an Sonic Oreo blast every day, there would be no problem! :)

Body pump at the gym for me today!

Have a good one, losers!
    Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all!!

heading to the lake in a little bit!

connie, that is awesome that you have managed to increase your cals that much. it is going to help you greatly when you decide to cut back a little and start losing again. I am watching closely as I'm sure my metabolism is damaged as well:( that is unbelievable that only 2lbs gain. maybe even just water. do you feel really full?

ester, glad you got the brace

Shirley, have a great trip!

everyone else, have a great day!

will weigh in Thursday for final for the challenge. I think I did 3 lbs or so. need to do better next time:)

Stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    no we have not found the keys. It has to be here in house or yard. for he had to have them to get home. Actually he has his keys it is his remote control and his security lock he can not find. And his car will not run without the security lock/ I have a set so we are not in deep trouble. But this is happen just way to much. just aggravation.

I had an early breakfast and have my meals all in my diary I have 7 grams of protein left over for a fruit snack. or whatever.

Connie you and I are really having a hard time losing. I think Esther has the right ideal Eat what you want and stay within your goals. I am trying to do that now.I think we worry to much about it. Relax and stay with your plan.

Stephanie have a great time at SB Enjoy yourself

Marie