20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th! Weighed in this morning and I've lost 2 lbs for this challenge! I'm in for continuing on with you all. Have fun and be safe.

Rosie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello

We are enjoying our time here at port. Tonight is our pot luck dinner and I will be making an
    apple slaw. Yesterday i walked 170 min today so far 40 min. We will take another walk to the
    store, I need a bigger bowl to mix the slaw. It will be a warm day today. :D

Shirley
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Saturday and 4th of July!

I hope everyone has a safe and fun day today wherever you are. I really want a grilled sausage link or hotdog, but I am too lazy to fool with the grill for only 2 people, so I guess we will eat our regular boring food. :#

Make it a great day, losers. Enjoy your special treats!
    Connie
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th everyone <3. It is going to be another hot day here :( We are heading out to visit friends and have a bbq tonight. They are smoking a turkey so I am hopeful I keep with the program and don't eat myself silly this weekend. I am really not looking forward to102 degrees today and tomorrow!! We are usually only in the70's this time of the year. On the other hand, I completely lose any interest in food when it is hot....

So glad Jerry made it home safe and found his remote Marie. I laughed. I keep losing my keys and get so frustrated with myself :/ I think I just need to slow down sometimes. Yay for losing 3pounds too!!

Rachel, that is really good news on the house. Esther, those pies sound delicious B) You two and Enidad were rock stars on the weight loss this round <3

So far so good on maintaining. I keep slowly scooting up the calories each week. Next week I will be over 1300 calories a day! That is a lot of calories for me. I couldn't imagine trying to eat 2500 calories a day! I am with you guys on the need to get started on the strength training stuff..... I promise myself then tomorrow never seems to come for me either. I have been trying to work on stretching more too. Uugh

Everyone did GREAT this round. I think new goals for labor day is a terrific idea, Marie.

Have a safe and wonderful day!!

Tami
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    italy10548 wrote: »
    Happy 4th! Weighed in this morning and I've lost 2 lbs for this challenge! I'm in for continuing on with you all. Have fun and be safe.

Rosie

Yay !!!! Great job Rosie <3
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Shirley61 wrote: »
    Hello

We are enjoying our time here at port. Tonight is our pot luck dinner and I will be making an
    apple slaw. Yesterday i walked 170 min today so far 40 min. We will take another walk to the
    store, I need a bigger bowl to mix the slaw. It will be a warm day today. :D

Shirley

Ok Shirley if tha Apple cole slaw don'have any meat, cheese, eggs I would like to know how to make it.

Have a great time' Jerry and I are just staying home and no special. Meals today. I will be making me a plant base hamburger. For dinner an d I supposejerry will eat out of the freezer.

Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    yuz610v0e8ny.jpg

Happy Fourth Alaskan Style!!!!!!!
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

We are in south each having a blast!! Super fun here and so much people watching!! Been trying to record food as best as I can! Happy 4th from me:)

Rachel 3lbs for me:(

I am definitely in for Labor Day and thanksgiving!!

Check in Tuesday when we get home!

Stephanie

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th Misfits, we got a new charcoal grill yesterday, and my husband is smoking a boston butt, its been cooking all day. I made a big salad and pasta salad earlier, to eat with it.Also, I am getting ready to make some deviled eggs, my daughter and grandson are coming over later to eat and watch fireworks. Its not real sunny and kind of gloomy here, so I didnt get in my pool, its actually cold, where its been cooler at night. I ran around earlier and went shopping, while my husband worked on his 69 Camaro, we bought in May. We used to have one that we took to rod runs and car shows, but we sold it in 2004. My husband also raced it on the track. Long story short , he wanted another one, but this one is a big and costly project. Maybe its good I didnt find any clothes I wanted to buy, Ha! Ha! I did try on a cute black skirt, I grabbed a large and an ex-large, I tried on the large first and it fit, but it needed to be hemmed, way to long, plus I thought I have bought enough clothes at this size. After this weekend I am going to cut down on my calories. I still have a good 30 pounds I need to lose. I ran into a friend of mine yesterday ,who had lost alot of weight, the last time I seen her, that has put most of it back on. I was sure glad that wasnt me, but it can happen easily, to anyone. So it was a wake up call, for me. Enough about me, just wanted to drop in. Have a safe night. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    yuz610v0e8ny.jpg

yuz610v0e8ny.jpg

yuz610v0e8ny.jpg

Great way to celebrate/Jerry has his Uncle Sam yard art out in the front yard Will take a picture and try to an post it better hurried up while it is Daylight and course his flags. they go up ever year.

• SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Here in Ketchikan our helicopter company flies the flag to start the parade. Unless it is crappy weather. The flag is only 50 foot tall. For us it is tradition but for visitors it is a real treat. Even for us locals it is still an awesome sight.
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Well I got my 10000 steps in today. Between walking around downtown before the parade and helping tear down a paintball booth I easily passed my 10000 steps. I even took my kids to see inside out in 3d after the booth tear down and before the fireworks. But our fireworks show doesn't start until 11pm anyway so we had plenty of time for movie and showers so after fireworks we can come home and get to bed.

It has been a very fun fourth.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Esther I have been thinking of asking you how much daylight do you have in a day now.

lad you had a fun day. our was just all old folks.But did not lose anything today.. Jerry and I got my compudter going again. the one of the cable cords came out and been out since Thursday.. Been on the I pad since then It was driving me crazy. I woke up and could not fall a sleep
    again so decided to come in here and play Bingo on the internet;. see you all tomorrow
    Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    Options
    Hi Marie. We just got done watching fireworks. Kids are hungry. And what sucks is the only place open is McDonald's. Yuck.

To answer your question sun comes up about 4 ish and sets around 930-10 ish. So we have nice long days to get lots accomplished

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good thing Barbie don't live in Alaska or she would be walking all the time.
    Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Morning,

The Wi Fi is sketchy here so I will try and type something this morning. I read all your posts and am
    trying to keep up while away. We are staying here for one more night and then heading off to another
    port. I have kept up my walking, I did over 2 hours of walking each day while here. My feet feel it.
    I did get another Fit Bit badge for going over 20,000 steps.

Our 4th of July celebration was fun and we had good food and all the Americans got together and sang
    God Bless America and the Canadians got together and sang "O Canada." The signature drink was
    Long Island Ice tea.

I did not complete the 4th of July challenge but I am keeping track of my weight on paper at home
    so it doesn't get out of hand. We will be boating until Friday of this week and then head home.
    My daughter is coming with the baby so i will definitely be home to see him.

Have a good day,

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Oh Isaac is going to grandma House. how thrilling. Shirley thank you for keeping a update on your vacation. I found some apple slaw recipes on the internet and I think I have everything on hand to make it for dinner tonight. along with some green beans, Carrots and pinto beans.[ my favorite bean] will put some chili seasoning in the beans

My Scales are way off base this morning. really. it is say some outlandish reading like 974 pounds Maybe it needs a new battery. But think I will just leave it alone for the time being.
    My plans today make the bean burger for lunch and a salad. Breakfast was oatmeal and a banana about a 1/4 cups of blueberries. I di not think I would like a banana in my hot oatmeal but it was pretty good.

Hope all of you misfits have a wonderful day and thank you all for making this such a nice place to visit everyday
    Marie

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, misfit losers! Happy Sunday!

The time just got from me today..church, dinner, and movie so I am just checking in. I rented a movie yesterday so we needed to watch it. Hope you guys had a wonderful holiday weekend.

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great 4th.
    After getting home from church I decided to chill out for the afternoon. Good to get some rest!!!
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    There you are I was wonder about you. Sounds like you really had a busy day. Now I know it is Sunday because you said so. I am enjoying my vegan plan more and more., getting used to it pretty well but those lbs are not falling off fast enough for me. But then again they never did as I get older.

Marie I like this
    "Don't wait until you reach your goal to be proud of yourself. Be proud of every step you take towards reaching your goal." — Unknown