20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi Misfits,

Just popping in to say hi. Getting on the road here in the next hour (I hope) for Las Vegas. Waiting for DD as usual. Ug I wish she'd get a move on. Still need to stop at the spray tanning place before getting on I-15, it's about a 6 hour drive through the desert for us. All the girls spray tan for this final competition of the season. I've never had a spray tan but they do look nice on stage. KAR dance nationals here we come!

Good luck with the scale this week ladies, and prayers for all those struggling. My goal this week is to get in 10 k steps and drink 8 glasses of water each day.

Hope everyone had a wonderful July 4th holiday.

Rosie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Nice goal for this week Rosie
    My goal is to try out more vegan recipes I had a good one tonight I made a vegan hamburger pattie. and it was amazing good. Had a good flavor but needed to be a little firmer for a burger so maybe my next one a mix of flax seeds and water and let its sit for awile I read that that makes an egg replacement or add some almond flour .to firm it up som. So far I used 1can of fat free refried beans , 1can of sweet potatoes rinse and drained

1 small can of chopped chili peppers Rinsed & Drained , 1t of garlic powder I just mash the sweet potatoes up with the and the chili peppers beans oh and chopped green onions would really make a couple on nice toastadas for lunch tomorrow with one of those mini avacada plus a salad yes this plan is getting interesting.for me.

Going to bed here shortly

See you tomorrow
    Marie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish, Marie!
    We watched the World Cup final and the USA won!
    Going off to bed.
    Ruthie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Yes Ruthie I seen that.
    Have one more stop to make on the
    PC off to bed too.
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Monday!

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! My was quiet but enjoyable.
    I've been up a while, have walked the dog and finished an aerobic walking DVD. The pool at the gym is closed for maintenance for a few weeks, and I don't want to go to the other gym, so I'll some different things.

Marie..so glad you are enjoying your plan. I will have a few more weeks at eating at my maintenance, then will cut to a small deficit.

Make it a great day, losers!
    Stay strong!
    Connie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Good thing Barbie don't live in Alaska or she would be walking all the time.
    Marie

smiley-happy026.gifMarie, it starts getting light here around 4:15 with sunrise at 5:15.....I start walking the dogs before four.....we go to bed at 7:30 so I don't pay too much attention but I know that sunset is about 9:15 PM right now.....I walk even when it's dark--I have a great flashlight
  • CALIECAT
    edited July 2015
    Options
    1133859hw34keek32.gif
    we can't give up got to finish fighting some how we got to find a way

Becky child just Where are you at? Miss you/

Barbie it gets light here around 6 AM dark is about the same as yours around (9Pm our time.

Thank you all for sticking with us on this thread. it is a delightful place to hang out. No pressure just enjoying everyone of you Hats off to us

I guess their will be no Thanksgiving Challenge . have not heard of anyone say Maybe some one will pick it up. its a job I admit. I like our cozy little group here

Esther much be cooperating from all the pies baking.

See you all later in the day.
    <3 Marie

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Misfits,
    Hope you had a good weekend.
    I am having trouble getting motivation to do anything!!!!
    Have a great day.
    Nancy

• lovesretirement
    Options
    Marie...I thought about a Thanksgiving challenge, too. I don't want to make the mistake of putting it on the general thread, though.
    We could do a group comprised of the July thread folks OR we could just keep it simple and stay here. :)

Connie
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am real close to breaking my 200. My original goal was 200 by the 4th if July, but I knew it was a stretch. I am very happy losing 15 pounds for that challenge. I got to 203.

I have a tradition, that I instituted for this particular journey when I joined mfp @ 242. Since I haven't been able to break all my food/ reward cues, I decided to use it as a motivator. Instead of eliminating them all I kept a specific one as a reward.
    When I lose 20 pounds I get to go to the Brazilian steak house.That's right, the place where skewers of meats keep coming and eat what I want, no counting, no moderation, no weighing, just eat.
    The point of the exercise is to not fear all the food, to not control everything, to trust a little. To relax. My first time I was worried that I would explode and then I started panicking about sodium and water retention and undoing all my work. My weight went up for a few days that time, I was really anxious it wouldn't come down ever again. I was afraid I'd lost control for good.

It was one meal.

This time I just said, so what? It'll go up for a few days, I will have to off set with more exercise and water, but SO WHAT. It's not everyday I can go and I can come back when I drop 20 again.You see, doing this is supposed to get me into a healthier mindset, but getting below 200 has been a 25 year goal. It was very hard not to put off the steakhouse last night just so I could hit 199, but I went to the steakhouse at 202.6....I cringed a little thinking...MY GOAL I'm going to screw it up, I'm going to jump to 210.......and then told myself to let go. To relax, to enjoy myself. I did.

Next 20 pounds off is targeted for my birthday in November right during my trip to New Orleans, so it might not be Brazilian Steakhouse, it might be some uncounted Louisiana feast, but I will do it.

The point is getting there and slowly fixing my head while improving my body. Making rewards not a regular thing, (they used to be almost daily for some reason or another) but truly earned and spaced out a few months)

This mindset augmented with I can eat what fits my calories and workout load every day with a focus on nutrient dense foods most days is working so far. While eating in moderation I can always say, no I can't go to the steakhouse place...yet, but I will be able to go ( insert earned point here.) Going doesn't ruin my progress, did not sit on me for days, did not make me 210.

This morning I am 201.2.

I am very happy. I can tell I will break my 200 next week.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Marie...I thought about a Thanksgiving challenge, too. I don't want to make the mistake of putting it on the general thread, though.
    We could do a group comprised of the July thread folks OR we could just keep it simple and stay here. :)

Connie
    I am glad to hear from you on this subject. I really did not wont to butt in but would like to see this bunch through till every last one of us reach our goal. in what ever way we can. Can you change the name of this group and just keep the most interest topic I know you can delete some topics BC you told me You been quite on this subject so I thought you did not want it anymore . I should have known better lets just hash I over till we find out what we want to do. And let the 4th challengers we are working on it.
    Marie

• lovesretirement
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »

Connie
    I am glad to hear from you on this subject. I really did not wont to butt in but would like to see this bunch through till every last one of us reach our goal. in what ever way we can. Can you change the name of this group and just keep the most interest topic I know you can delete some topics BC you told me You been quite on this subject so I thought you did not want it anymore . I should have known better lets just hash I over till we find out what we want to do. And let the 4th challengers we are working on it.
    Marie

Yes.. I can change the name of the group and make a member a leader.
  • CALIECAT
    Options

[/quote]

Yes.. I can change the name of the group and make a member a leader.[/quote]

Great change the name and find you a younger
    co leader to help you. If you just change the name will all of the 4th challenges posting remain here so we can refer back to any of the posting. Sounds wonderful to me
    <3 marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling Connie. Our rec center where our pool is will be closed all week. We only have one swimming pool in town. Although when it is 75+ degrees here we do have another option. But it is for the hard core idiots..........yes I resemble the remark. I will say the water was around 60 degrees yesterday. It felt so good. It has been a few years since the ocean water was that warm. I swam for an hour and a half in the ocean. I stopped because I didn't want to get really sunburnt. I am planning on taking the kids I babysit to the beach after nap time today. At least in the ocean I don't have to worry about itching for days or getting a rash from the water. B) Today is supposed to be 80+ and tomorrow too. Can't wait to hit the beach again.

Esther
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hello, friends! Well, I am back from my NC vacation visiting with extended family and my mom and four siblings. It was fun to see everyone and have all five kids together for the first time in many years.

As for the 4th challenge, no loss for me. But, I begin my personal training and metabolic coaching tomorrow. I am SO excited to begin. Slightly terrified of the measurements, weigh in, and BF% measurement. With this one year commitment, I know I will stay true to the new lifestyle. :+1:

Even though they will give me a print out of what I am to eat for the week, I will still log my meals and work outs into MFP so I can watch trends over time of what I eat and how I exercise and how it impacts WL/inches lost.

Congratulations to all those who had a loss for the 4th of July challenge. I will be one of those for the new Labor Day challenge. :)

Becky
  • CALIECAT
    edited July 2015
    Options
    weird afternoon folks . I lay down about 3 30 P M for a nap and woke up at 7 AM I thought. Jerry was not in his Chair with the TV So I figure he was talking his morning tour around the house I made my coffee and was thinking about fixing my morning bowl of oatmeal when he came in and ask me how was my nap. I told him my night sleep was great Did not have to wake up at all for the potty room very unusually He told me it was 7 PM in the evening. What a Senior moment ugh I don't remember taking a nap at all. Since I did not have any supper I did go ahead and made my oatmeal. so I will have another night sleep pretty soon. And get up and have another Tuesday Morning with coffee and oatmeal. The life of a Senior.

See you in the morning
    <3 marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    This heat is getting to me. The pollen count is getting high again too. My eyes were so scratchy today I ended up taking a nap while the kids played in the hose. My 13 yr old kept an eye on them and I slept with the baby. He was napping too. After he woke up I carted all 5 kids to the beach. We swam for 2 hours before one of the boys collided with a red jellyfish. There went the beach for the rest of the day. We stopped at a friends house and poured white vinegar on it to help neutralize the sting. Then after we got to my house I made a paste of evaporated milk flour and meat tenderizer. It helps neutralize the toxins better. After I got the paste on his sting he relaxed a lot. But the kids had a great time at the beach despite the sting. So did I. The water was great. A little cooler than yesterday's water but it was so refreshing. I swam alongside the kids as they played on floaty toys. Only one of the three is a strong swimmer. I wasn't worried about her. She jumps off the high dive at our pool. The others are behind her in swimming lessons. So I didn't want them out too deep without being within arm reach. I was appalled by the number of kids on floaty toys in 8+ foot deep water that couldn't swim. And parent weren't in the water supervising them. I had to help several that fell off their toys and couldn't swim enough to get back to or on the toys. Or the ones that floated so far out they were panicking because they didn't have the strength to kick back to shallower water. But all told it was fun. And I got some good therapy in despite the pool being closed this week.

Esther
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy026.gifMarie, yesterday must have been a weird day for naps. Jake and the pets and I lay down around one o'clock and I woke up at three and thought it was morning and wondered why it was so light already. Fortunately, I figured it out faster than you did, but I still had to get up and walk the dogs.

smiley-happy026.gifEsther, I know you are seeking every opportunity to be active but being lifeguard for your kids and everyone else's seems like a bit much.....good that you had fun.

<3 Barbie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning misfit losers! Happy Tuesday!

Marie and Barbie..your bodies and brains really needed the sleep. The naps were deep enough that you were totally rested upon awaking! :)

Esther..you are one busy woman! I don't know how you keep it up!

Becky..let us know how your personal training and metabolic consult goes.

Rachel..thanks again for counting the July numbers!

Body pump at the gym today!

Make it a great day, losers!
    Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    I am back from south beach! wow was it hot there but the people watching was so worth it! these women have so much confidence to walk around in barely nothing. even at my thinnest, I never dressed like that:)

food choices were pretty good but we did eat out for five days. I actually lost 1 lb. it is interesting, I did not do a whole lot of exercise. my husband and I walked to breakfast every morning. I did the elliptical twice and no weights, go figure.....

are we just hanging in our easter group?

forgot to tell you guys that I went for a physical last week and my cholesterol was down from 235 to 186. my doc was never concerned because my good cholesterol was so high but I am so happy!! I think all this protein is helping me.

have a great day!!

Stephanie

ps. marie, I really like oatmeal for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner:)