Bread - how to get over it?

Options
1235»

Replies

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up bread but I have dramatically cut it down because it is just not worth fitting in sometimes. I like taking stuff I would have put on a sandwich and turning it into a salad or an omelet (tomato and cheese omelettes mmmm).

Do what you want. But from past diet attempts, let me tell you: Completely eliminating whole categories of food is a fantastic way to fail.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Dave198lbs wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    simply33 wrote: »
    Nobody needs bed things in their life; it tastes good, but it is bad. Rice cakes are more than capable of holding up any foodstuff. So why do I go to the breadbin and look for a comfoting, doughey, squidgy, tasty loaf?

Why would we be giving up bread??

read the original post

I did, so let me rephrase, as obviously I don't agree. Why is bread bad?

read the original post. I did not read that as her saying it was "bad" but that it ate up alot of her calories.

whatever. I interpreted her meaning of "bad" as in "high calorie"

LOL epic backtrack …you got all bent out of shape and accused someone of not reading and then - uh oh - you did not read and are like "whatever"…

bahahahahaha

bent out of shape? no. The OP. to me anyway, was saying that while she loves bread, it eats up alot of her calories. And bread does have alot of calories (usually) This whole thread will of course turn into a "everything in moderation" thread.

because restriction is so much better than moderation ...
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    simply33 wrote: »
    Nobody needs bed things in their life; it tastes good, but it is bad. Rice cakes are more than capable of holding up any foodstuff. So why do I go to the breadbin and look for a comfoting, doughey, squidgy, tasty loaf?

Why would we be giving up bread??

read the original post

I did, so let me rephrase, as obviously I don't agree. Why is bread bad?

read the original post. I did not read that as her saying it was "bad" but that it ate up alot of her calories.

whatever. I interpreted her meaning of "bad" as in "high calorie"

LOL epic backtrack …you got all bent out of shape and accused someone of not reading and then - uh oh - you did not read and are like "whatever"…

bahahahahaha

bent out of shape? no. The OP. to me anyway, was saying that while she loves bread, it eats up alot of her calories. And bread does have alot of calories (usually) This whole thread will of course turn into a "everything in moderation" thread.

because restriction is so much better than moderation ...

Wow you changed your opinion ?

JK

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'd advise revising your attitude toward both bread and age. I'm turning 60 in a couple of weeks. I'm healthier and fitter than I was at 50 and maybe even 40. I'm finished raising children and except for my job, all of my time is mine. I'm wiser and more experienced in many areas than ever before, which is an added bonus. And my experience with bread? Well, bread is delicious. I eat bread, pasta, rice, and potatoes. I stay in my calorie goals and also eat plenty of green veggies and other nutritious food. As far as those "unnecessary calories" that some speak of, well, my York Peppermint Patty mini that I eat every night before bed probably has those too, but some things are eaten to soothe the soul.
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I love.my bread and it has not hindered my weight loss by eating it