arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    So each of the muffins is 1 egg?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Yes, for a regular size muffin. The mini-muffins she shows are a bit different, I think it was 8 eggs for 24 mini's?
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    ^^ I just ordered them on Amazon, links below. They were Prime items, so I got them in 2 days. :)

mini muffin pan
    full size muffin pan
    loaf pan

Also, these pans are not ridgid. When transferring then to the oven you have to be careful, or put them on a cookie sheet.

@mygnsac Still happy with the silicone pans you purchased? Also when you use the term 'full size' muffin pan, you mean the regular muffin size NOT the giant muffin ones like they sell in the store? I have to order them but am looking forward to purchasing some on Amazon. How're the loaf pans working out for you? What you have you used them for thus far?

Wanted to say... I love coming back to this thread occasionally, it was a fun thread and I like to bump it every so often so others can learn some new fun egg ideas! ;) So I appreciate you posting it originally!

EDIT: The reason I asked about the size of the large ones is I've seen some that are called 'Texas' be the really large sized muffin ones.

But...low and behold I just now found some on the Bed Bath and Beyond website so going shopping tomorrow to pick them up. About time I actually purchased some and finally made these. ;) lol Excited, particularly since they are only around $10 and I can use a coupon. ;)
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    ^^ I just ordered them on Amazon, links below. They were Prime items, so I got them in 2 days. :)

mini muffin pan
    full size muffin pan
    loaf pan

Also, these pans are not ridgid. When transferring then to the oven you have to be careful, or put them on a cookie sheet.

@mygnsac Still happy with the silicone pans you purchased? Also when you use the term 'full size' muffin pan, you mean the regular muffin size NOT the giant muffin ones like they sell in the store? I have to order them but am looking forward to purchasing some on Amazon. How're the loaf pans working out for you? What you have you used them for thus far?

Wanted to say... I love coming back to this thread occasionally, it was a fun thread and I like to bump it every so often so others can learn some new fun egg ideas! ;) So I appreciate you posting it originally!

EDIT: The reason I asked about the size of the large ones is I've seen some that are called 'Texas' be the really large sized muffin ones.

But...low and behold I just now found some on the Bed Bath and Beyond website so going shopping tomorrow to pick them up. About time I actually purchased some and finally made these. ;) lol Excited, particularly since they are only around $10 and I can use a coupon. ;)

Sounds like a great deal Hearts! Yeah, I got the large Texas sized ones, along with the mini muffin pan and the loaf pan. I haven't used the loaf pan yet, I use the mini pan quite a bit, and use the texas sized muffin pan for the egg muffins, but I usually only fill each cup with one egg worth of the mixture. You dont get as toasted an exterior with these types of pans, but I like them. Nothing ever sticks and super easy to clean. No end to what you can put in egg muffins. My batches are rarely the same.
  • mygnsac
    Options

Yes, for a regular size muffin. The mini-muffins she shows are a bit different, I think it was 8 eggs for 24 mini's?

Yes, that's how it works out for me. 1 egg per regular sized muffin and 1 egg for 3 mini sized muffins.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

Yes, that's how it works out for me. 1 egg per regular sized muffin and 1 egg for 3 mini sized muffins.

Amazing. and with 6 tablespoons of milk, the calories are easy to calculate. Seems like you can make a pretty nice veggie muffin for 150 calories
  • jojoshadow
    jojoshadow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LuluMae09
    LuluMae09 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Was looking for some breakfast recipes that I could take to work and would keep me full. I'll have to try it out!
  • torizia
    torizia Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I made two these for lunch today - I used giant silicone cupcake cases and put one egg, one tablespoon milk, half a chopped up frankfurter, sweetcorn, onion and garlic powders and black pepper in each and beat them together. I then cooked them for 13 mins in my airfryer and ate them with tomato ketchup - they were gorgeous!
    I've already made another two to take to work tomorrow - thanks OP!
  • mygnsac
    Options
    torizia wrote: »
    I made two these for lunch today - I used giant silicone cupcake cases and put one egg, one tablespoon milk, half a chopped up frankfurter, sweetcorn, onion and garlic powders and black pepper in each and beat them together. I then cooked them for 13 mins in my airfryer and ate them with tomato ketchup - they were gorgeous!
    I've already made another two to take to work tomorrow - thanks OP!

Sounds yummy!!

• Hearts_2015
    edited May 2015
    Options
    OH these would be so good with Trader Joe's bacon cheddar cheese crumbled in them... think I'll try that. :p Mmm and I have black beans in the house now too. Lots of great combos for this recipe!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I love making egg muffins. Easy to freeze and grab when needed!
  • Incy_Wincy
    Incy_Wincy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is GENIUS! Thank yoooou!
  • kimlamendola
    kimlamendola Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    amicsquire wrote: »
    I have made these before, and even after spraying the pan, I had to throw the pan out because I couldn't get the egg off it! They taste fantastic though!
    I take 98% fat free ham or turkey and line the muffin tin with a slice or two. I then heat the ham for a few minutes fist. Then fill with the egg,veg and top with cheese. Bake a little longer until set. Also if I'm in a hurry and only want to make just one I do the same but use a small ceramic baking cup and heat all ingredients in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. It turns out just as good.
  • Hearts_2015
    edited May 2015
    Options
    amicsquire wrote: »
    I have made these before, and even after spraying the pan, I had to throw the pan out because I couldn't get the egg off it! They taste fantastic though!
    I take 98% fat free ham or turkey and line the muffin tin with a slice or two. I then heat the ham for a few minutes fist. Then fill with the egg,veg and top with cheese. Bake a little longer until set. Also if I'm in a hurry and only want to make just one I do the same but use a small ceramic baking cup and heat all ingredients in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. It turns out just as good.
    Great ideas :)

• melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    This sounds amazing! I work afternoons but my husband works early mornings, so this would be perfect for me to make for him when he's too tired in the morning to cook a decent breakfast.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Scrambled egg muffin - BUMP
  • mygnsac
    Options
    I need to make some more. I just ate the last that were in the freezer the other day. I just hate turning on the oven right now.
  • Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe similar to this but quite a bit more complicated, I'm going to try this version. Thanks for posting! (Red bell pepper in them was a total hit with my family.)
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    zomg these look great and easy enough for even me to make, thanks.