Scrambled Egg Muffins

Options
123457»

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    I need to make some more. I just ate the last that were in the freezer the other day. I just hate turning on the oven right now.

@mygnsac Totally with you on the stove situation. :# Still haven't gotten the silicone pans ordered but it's in my cart on Amazon. I just need to order it and they'll be on their way.... Or I think I did find out they carry them at BBBeyond. Either way I gotta get me some of them! ;)
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I need to make some more. I just ate the last that were in the freezer the other day. I just hate turning on the oven right now.

@mygnsac Totally with you on the stove situation. :# Still haven't gotten the silicone pans ordered but it's in my cart on Amazon. I just need to order it and they'll be on their way.... Or I think I did find out they carry them at BBBeyond. Either way I gotta get me some of them! ;)

The next thing I'm going to get are some silicone muffin liners. I saw someone on another post talking about them and you can just pop those in your regular muffin pan. They're on my list to buy.

• Hearts_2015
    Options

The next thing I'm going to get are some silicone muffin liners. I saw someone on another post talking about them and you can just pop those in your regular muffin pan. They're on my list to buy.

Ohhh I have seen those! They are colored and fluted around the edges the same as paper ones, right?

Have you found things stick to your silicone pans, is that why you've decided you might get the liners?
  • mygnsac
    Options

Ohhh I have seen those! They are colored and fluted around the edges the same as paper ones, right?

Have you found things stick to your silicone pans, is that why you've decided you might get the liners?

Yep, those are the ones. No sticking on the silicone pans, but I like the idea of being able use my regular pans. The only issue I have with the silicone pans is they arent rigid, so unless you put them on a cookie sheet, its easy to spill when putting them in the oven. I'd just like to try out the liners and see how they do.

• Hearts_2015
    Options

Yep, those are the ones. No sticking on the silicone pans, but I like the idea of being able use my regular pans. The only issue I have with the silicone pans is they arent rigid, so unless you put them on a cookie sheet, its easy to spill when putting them in the oven. I'd just like to try out the liners and see how they do.
    Makes sense, I can see how the silicone pans without a cookie sheet would be an issue.

Now that you've shared that.. should I skip buying the silicone pans and instead simply pick up the silicone liners to use in my metal muffin/cupcake pans? What are your thoughts on that ...
    @mygnsac
  • mygnsac
    Options

Makes sense, I can see how the silicone pans without a cookie sheet would be an issue.

Now that you've shared that.. should I skip buying the silicone pans and instead simply pick up the silicone liners to use in my metal muffin/cupcake pans? What are your thoughts on that ...
    @mygnsac

I think the silicone pans are worth it. I'm still going to use them, but just also want to try the liners. Never hurts to have both on hand. The trick with the pans is to not overfill them, and when carrying them to the oven, pull out on the sides so the pan doesnt bend, or just put the pan on a cookie sheet.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options

@mygnsac

I think the silicone pans are worth it. I'm still going to use them, but just also want to try the liners. Never hurts to have both on hand. The trick with the pans is to not overfill them, and when carrying them to the oven, pull out on the sides so the pan doesnt bend, or just put the pan on a cookie sheet.

Great to know...thanks for the advice and tips :)
  • mygnsac
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @Hearts_2015 I finally got around to using the silicon loaf pan. Worked great. I made this pumpkin bread.