Cutting out Sugar and Sweets Need Help

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP if you are already losing weight and eating sweets then you really do not need to cut them out …

Has your weight loss stalled?

If no then keep doing what you are doing and watch the weight come off. Eating sugar, or not eating sugar has no relation to losing weight. Unless of course your sugar consumption is putting you into a surplus all the time….
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Honestly I would not cut them out, just factor them into your calorie allotment for the day.

Yep. I always try to make room for some ice cream in my calories.

Third. Unless there are medical reasons for cutting out sweets (diabetes namely) then there is no reason to not eat them. Know your goals, log what you are interested in eating, and if it fits your goals then eat it. If it doesn't then change the serving until it does, or just eat it tomorrow.

If I didn't HAVE to give up sweets, I wouldn't have.

But why you you believe you have to give them up? Is the reason due to a medical condition? Or do you just think that eating sweets = gain weight/not lose weight? Is this OP's reasoning as well?

Because sweets don't cause or hinder weight loss; caloric surplus hinders weight loss, and caloric deficit causes weight loss. I've been eating sweets since before I started losing weight, I binged on sweets frequently too. Chocolate was my vice. Now? I know my caloric goals and I have no problem logging x amount of chocolate and just eating that. I ate chocolat etonight and sure, I'd be down for eating more, but I have no problem with not eating more of it because I know it doesn't fit my goals for today.

So again, unless there are medical reasons, there is no 'have to' for cutting out any foods. I don't eat gluten, but this is because if I do eat it I have very bad digestive symptoms. So for me it's a "have to" situation. But eating the GF alternatives doesn't cause issues, so I eat those. Any food can be worked into one's diet and caloric goals if the person enjoys the food. I have had the "i can't eat this because I'll get fat" mindset, didn't work. Also had the "I can just exercise this off" mindset. That was back when I thought exercise = weight loss, though.

I can't eat sweets. I would eat them, in moderation, if I could.

But WHY do you think you cannot eat sweets? Is it because you have a medical condition? Or is it because you simply don't think that you can eat them within your caloric needs? If you are successfully able to eat every other type of food within your caloric goals then there is no real reason that you cannot try eating sweets within your goals. I went from eating 3-4 boxes of chocolate in a sitting to eating a few pieces, and the only difference is that I now actually understand my caloric goals and I don't put limits on anything (i.e. I don't say "I can only eat chips on special occasions/once a month/etc"). Where I once used to hate myself and feel guilty for eating chocolate because I would binge on it, I now can log two pieces without blinking an eye and just... eat it. I just enjoy food now. So there is no "can't" with food unless there are medical reasons behind this reasoning. It's really just about developing a healthy relationship with food, which will ideally enable you to enjoy food in moderation without resorting to binging.

I know I can't..which is why I stated that I had to stop eating sweets. I know the difference between have to and choose to.

I guess I needed to say "this" or "I agree" with the post I had quoted before posting the comment that lead to you questioning my reasons for knowing (not thinking..) I'm not able to do something.

How do you know you can't though? You so far haven't given any reasons, which leads me to believe that it's more that you FEAR you can't eat sweets in moderation. Do you feel guilty when you eat sweets? Do you feel bad about yourself? I've been there. I felt ashamed because I almost always binged. I'd tell myself "just one piece" and then that turned into "just one bar" and then within the span of an hour I'd consumed 3-4 large chocolate bars. Or on saturdays, I work in retail and I used to buy an armful of chocoalte and eat it all on my shift. I wasn't even hungry. It was a combo of binging and a bad relationship with food that made me feel like *kitten* about myself. Once I got rid of the bad relationship with food and simply realized that no food will stop or prevent weight loss, I had no trouble working sweets into my daily caloric intake goals. If I don't have room for a whole candy bar, I will log and eat half. Or I'll have a small piece instead of the actual amount i'd like and I'll still be satisfied.

Why do I need to give you a reason? Why can't you take my comments about knowing I have to cut sweets and leave them be? I'm not the one asking for advice on the subject. I didn't say I needed help deciding. I said I know I can't have them.

And no, I don't fear sugar.

Providing a reason would make it a lot easier to provide advice. It'd be like.. if I went to a psychologist and she asked me why I felt depressed and I just said "I just feel depressed because I do" and refused to tell her why, it'd be very hard to help me out.

Also discussing the reasons why you believe you cannot eat sweets and having others comment on how you might be able to reverse your beliefs so you can enjoy sweets would likely be helpful for any other lurkers who stumble across this, also saying "I can't eat sweets" and then see "hey, her reasons are just like mine, but now I'm seeing others provide ideas about how she might be able to successfully practice moderation" and then that might give others hope in learning how to eat foods they enjoy eating and still lose weight.

You responded to my original post saying that you had to cut out sweets. OP seems to think she needs to cut out sweets as well, so if you were to discuss why you feel the need to cut out sweets (is it for weight loss purposes? Because you have a bad relationship with food?) then it might help OP make better dietary decisions.

I never asked for advice. I'm not wasting anymore of the thread going on and on about this with you. My reasons are valid. I have an understanding for how this whole food thing works.

Most people with depression don't have a reason...so that's a bad comparison.

If the op wants to cut sweets out and thinks it will create a sustainable lifestyle for her, then she should. If she doesn't think she will be able to sustain cutting them out, she should work on moderation. Either way, all that matters for weight loss (sans a medical condition) is a calorie deficit and a sustainable way of eating.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Honestly I would not cut them out, just factor them into your calorie allotment for the day.

Third. Unless there are medical reasons for cutting out sweets (diabetes namely) then there is no reason to not eat them. Know your goals, log what you are interested in eating, and if it fits your goals then eat it. If it doesn't then change the serving until it does, or just eat it tomorrow.

But why you you believe you have to give them up? Is the reason due to a medical condition? Or do you just think that eating sweets = gain weight/not lose weight? Is this OP's reasoning as well?

Because sweets don't cause or hinder weight loss; caloric surplus hinders weight loss, and caloric deficit causes weight loss. I've been eating sweets since before I started losing weight, I binged on sweets frequently too. Chocolate was my vice. Now? I know my caloric goals and I have no problem logging x amount of chocolate and just eating that. I ate chocolat etonight and sure, I'd be down for eating more, but I have no problem with not eating more of it because I know it doesn't fit my goals for today.

So again, unless there are medical reasons, there is no 'have to' for cutting out any foods. I don't eat gluten, but this is because if I do eat it I have very bad digestive symptoms. So for me it's a "have to" situation. But eating the GF alternatives doesn't cause issues, so I eat those. Any food can be worked into one's diet and caloric goals if the person enjoys the food. I have had the "i can't eat this because I'll get fat" mindset, didn't work. Also had the "I can just exercise this off" mindset. That was back when I thought exercise = weight loss, though.

But WHY do you think you cannot eat sweets? Is it because you have a medical condition? Or is it because you simply don't think that you can eat them within your caloric needs? If you are successfully able to eat every other type of food within your caloric goals then there is no real reason that you cannot try eating sweets within your goals. I went from eating 3-4 boxes of chocolate in a sitting to eating a few pieces, and the only difference is that I now actually understand my caloric goals and I don't put limits on anything (i.e. I don't say "I can only eat chips on special occasions/once a month/etc"). Where I once used to hate myself and feel guilty for eating chocolate because I would binge on it, I now can log two pieces without blinking an eye and just... eat it. I just enjoy food now. So there is no "can't" with food unless there are medical reasons behind this reasoning. It's really just about developing a healthy relationship with food, which will ideally enable you to enjoy food in moderation without resorting to binging.
    Do you have any sources for this idea of yours that everyone must include junk food or else they'll binge and gain weight?

I think she might be in a different thread than the rest of us...

Because a person can eat in moderation doesn't mean someone else can... why can't that be OK with you? You seem to feel strongly that we all MUST eat sugar... I see you do this in numerous thread..push ppl into feeling they must do it your way. Perhaps your method doesn't work for everyone... just a thought.

because there is noting wrong with sugar ..and thinking of sugar or other foods are 'bad' sets one up for an unhealthy relationship with food.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I agree that you should eat fruit instead of juices because most people need the additional fiber in their diet. Other than that, the best way to avoid temptation is to just not have the stuff around you. Don't buy soda if you want to stop drinking it (or switch to diet soda). Don't buy cakes or cookies or candy.

I do eat some sweets and just figure out how to fit them in to my daily plan.
    CarrieCans wrote: »
    I am new to drinking water and that has helped me reduce the amount of soda i drink. Switching to diet soda means more sodium.

The amount of additional sodium in a can of diet vs regular soda is so minimal that it should not factor in. For example, one 12 oz can of Pepsi has 30 mg. a can of diet has 35 mg. Out of the recommended 2300 mg. daily (which is one teaspoon of salt), that extra 5 is close to one extra grain of salt
    1500mg of sodium daily is now the recommended amount for Women ... easy to stay under if you stay away from packaged processed foods. I imagine it would be much hard for those eating more processed foods.

OP... I find for myself staying away from sugar for a bit helps me cut the cravings out. If I make a choice to have something besides fruit after that's one thing. But when it's full on sugar then it doesn't feel like my choice it's more of a binge situation. That's when I seem to lose control.

I've not yet found too many ways to incorporate junk food into my life in moderation so I steer clear as much as I can. Some ppl can eat it in moderation, thus far I can't seem to for any length of time.

Have you tried just logging it in before you eat it, make sure it fits into your caloric intake needs, and then just eat what you logged? Also not viewing the food as something bad can also really help with introducing moderation into one's diet. For me, I log everything before I eat it (I'm sure some do it the other way around, but this does not bode well for remaining in one's caloric goals), and the only thing I needed to stop myself from binging was to simply know that I have a caloric intake need, that I cannot exercise off eating at a surplus, and I stopped categorizing food as being "good" or "bad." Haven't binged once since making these changes.

That's what I do. I log everything I'm going to eat for day when I'm having my morning cuppa. That way if things don't add up I can easily tweak it.
    I don't even log the whole day most of the time, but I do log every meal before I eat it. Like when I make breakfast, I will prelog an omelet and other things with generic values. Then when I weigh the food while I make it I will change the weight accordingly, and if for some reason something comes out heavier than I expected (e.g. I weigh my apple as 160g instead of 120g) then I can easily tweak the other things in my logged meal with ease. As long as you are logging before you eat though, and you figure out how yuo like your calories balanced during the day, then it should be easy to tweak your intake and not over-eat things. Sometimes I just log my first 2 meals ahead of time.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Do you have any sources for this idea of yours that everyone must include junk food or else they'll binge and gain weight?

LOL YOUR asking for sources ….wow that is a rare one….
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    raysputin wrote: »
    It's easy to get rid of simple carbs - Just stop buying them - No cane sugar, no honey, no fruit, no maple syrup, no golden syrup, no chocolate! Cutting back is a common path to failure - total abstinence is the best way to success. Throw out all the simple carbs that you have and substitute stevia only when sweetness is absolutely necessary. On occasions where you would normally eat sweets, try savouries instead.
    Getting rid of simple carbs leaves space in your calorie count for more nutrient rich foods.

Guess I didn't actually lose 25lbs while still eating my fruit, honey, maple syrup, chocolate, also GF baked goods and other simple carbs.

just cuz
    lornedafuq2.gif
    As fond as I am of Deathwok misfits...

Nobody is suggesting you can't lose your weight your way.

They just want to be allowed to lose their weight their way, without being pestered and badgered to do it your way.

Whew...that block feature can't get back here fast enough for many of us members.

• ana3067
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I think she might be in a different thread than the rest of us...

Because a person can eat in moderation doesn't mean someone else can... why can't that be OK with you? You seem to feel strongly that we all MUST eat sugar... I see you do this in numerous thread..push ppl into feeling they must do it your way. Perhaps your method doesn't work for everyone... just a thought.

because there is noting wrong with sugar ..and thinking of sugar or other foods are 'bad' sets one up for an unhealthy relationship with food.

I agree. And the unhealthy relationship with food doesn't always result in binging. I experienced both issues with binging AND simply general anxiety towards food. I was anxious about whether rice cakes and yogurt were okay to eat, and I'd not just eat it because I enjoyed it. I'd basically have to try and weigh out the reasons for or against eating something. But I don't LOVE rice cakes, so I didn't generally binge on them. But with other foods I really do love, I would binge on them. Based on reading a lot of threads, a lot of people do seem to have issues binging on things they've been eliminating or that they've tried to eliminate, and usually they also appear to have a bad relationship with food. Or think that x food causes weight gain. That's not a healthy way to view food or to view dieting.
  • ana3067
    edited December 2014
    Options

I know I can't..which is why I stated that I had to stop eating sweets. I know the difference between have to and choose to.

I guess I needed to say "this" or "I agree" with the post I had quoted before posting the comment that lead to you questioning my reasons for knowing (not thinking..) I'm not able to do something.

How do you know you can't though? You so far haven't given any reasons, which leads me to believe that it's more that you FEAR you can't eat sweets in moderation. Do you feel guilty when you eat sweets? Do you feel bad about yourself? I've been there. I felt ashamed because I almost always binged. I'd tell myself "just one piece" and then that turned into "just one bar" and then within the span of an hour I'd consumed 3-4 large chocolate bars. Or on saturdays, I work in retail and I used to buy an armful of chocoalte and eat it all on my shift. I wasn't even hungry. It was a combo of binging and a bad relationship with food that made me feel like *kitten* about myself. Once I got rid of the bad relationship with food and simply realized that no food will stop or prevent weight loss, I had no trouble working sweets into my daily caloric intake goals. If I don't have room for a whole candy bar, I will log and eat half. Or I'll have a small piece instead of the actual amount i'd like and I'll still be satisfied.

Why do I need to give you a reason? Why can't you take my comments about knowing I have to cut sweets and leave them be? I'm not the one asking for advice on the subject. I didn't say I needed help deciding. I said I know I can't have them.

Providing a reason would make it a lot easier to provide advice. It'd be like.. if I went to a psychologist and she asked me why I felt depressed and I just said "I just feel depressed because I do" and refused to tell her why, it'd be very hard to help me out.

Also discussing the reasons why you believe you cannot eat sweets and having others comment on how you might be able to reverse your beliefs so you can enjoy sweets would likely be helpful for any other lurkers who stumble across this, also saying "I can't eat sweets" and then see "hey, her reasons are just like mine, but now I'm seeing others provide ideas about how she might be able to successfully practice moderation" and then that might give others hope in learning how to eat foods they enjoy eating and still lose weight.

You responded to my original post saying that you had to cut out sweets. OP seems to think she needs to cut out sweets as well, so if you were to discuss why you feel the need to cut out sweets (is it for weight loss purposes? Because you have a bad relationship with food?) then it might help OP make better dietary decisions.

I never asked for advice. I'm not wasting anymore of the thread going on and on about this with you. My reasons are valid. I have an understanding for how this whole food thing works.

If the op wants to cut sweets out and thinks it will create a sustainable lifestyle for her, then she should. If she doesn't think she will be able to sustain cutting them out, she should work on moderation. Either way, all that matters for weight loss (sans a medical condition) is a calorie deficit and a sustainable way of eating.

I have suffered from depression since I was in elementary school, and there generally are reasons for being depressed. One doesn't just wake up depressed for no reason. Of course, there are many different causes of depression (mine are genetic and chemical, as well as stemming from general anxiety, PTSD as of 2.5 years ago, experiences with rejection... loneliness and extreme anxiety/stress can pretty much instantly trigger an episodic bout for me), much like there are different causes behind someone thinking they can't eat x food.

I guess if you didn't want to discuss why, you shouldn't have responded to a public forum in which people generally try and get people to be as honest and informative as possible in order to provide the best advice/help as possible, or you should not have replied to and quoted my pro-moderation/sugar post.

ETA: my above "fear" comment related to fear of not being able to successfully practice moderation, not fear of sugar. So do you fear that you cannot practice moderation? Is this something you've tried? And more importantly, do you have a healthy relationship with food? This could be a reason as to why you feel you cannot eat sweets successfully while moderating your intake.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

I have suffered from depression since I was in elementary school, and there generally are reasons for being depressed. One doesn't just wake up depressed for no reason. Of course, there are many different causes of depression (mine are genetic and chemical, as well as stemming from general anxiety, PTSD as of 2.5 years ago, experiences with rejection... loneliness and extreme anxiety/stress can pretty much instantly trigger an episodic bout for me), much like there are different causes behind someone thinking they can't eat x food.

I guess if you didn't want to discuss why, you shouldn't have responded to a public forum in which people generally try and get people to be as honest and informative as possible in order to provide the best advice/help as possible, or you should not have replied to and quoted my pro-moderation/sugar post.

ETA: my above "fear" comment related to fear of not being able to successfully practice moderation, not fear of sugar. So do you fear that you cannot practice moderation? Is this something you've tried? And more importantly, do you have a healthy relationship with food? This could be a reason as to why you feel you cannot eat sweets successfully while moderating your intake.

Since the threads already off on a slight tangent I suppose I'll continue..

Thats the great thing about a public forum.. I can post whatever I want and not answer whatever I want as long as it's within the rules.

The funny part is..i never disagreed with your post. I stated that if I didn't HAVE to give up sweets I would not. Why it turned into you needing my reasoning..I will never know.

I highly doubt my reasons align with the OP. If she comes on and gives reason that I have experience with, I will be more than happy to share.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options

Thats the great thing about a public forum.. I can post whatever I want and not answer whatever I want as long as it's within the rules.

The funny part is..i never disagreed with your post. I stated that if I didn't HAVE to give up sweets I would not. Why it turned into you needing my reasoning..I will never know.

I highly doubt my reasons align with the OP. If she comes on and gives reason that I have experience with, I will be more than happy to share.

I suspect ana has been digging for more information from you because you essentially said you would eat sweets in moderation if it were up to you, if you had a choice in the matter... but it's apparently not up to you, you know you can't. Therefore, you don't. But if you could, then you would. Right? Or no?

It is not out of line whatsoever for ana or anyone else to wonder why, what reason do you have to not be able to do what you otherwise want to do? Is it psychological, medical? What? Why not elaborate on what you mean by "can't"?

You don't have to, of course. But it would be helpful.

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    raysputin wrote: »
    It's easy to get rid of simple carbs - Just stop buying them - No cane sugar, no honey, no fruit, no maple syrup, no golden syrup, no chocolate! Cutting back is a common path to failure - total abstinence is the best way to success. Throw out all the simple carbs that you have and substitute stevia only when sweetness is absolutely necessary. On occasions where you would normally eat sweets, try savouries instead.
    Getting rid of simple carbs leaves space in your calorie count for more nutrient rich foods.

As to the bold part--perhaps this works for you but not for everyone. For me, the only way I am able to maintain my weight is by eating foods I love as well, which would be on your list to throw out. :). I used to demonize certain foods and the only place it got me was fatter.

Also, there is also no reason to throw out any carbs at all. ;)

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I replaced sugar with maple syrup.
  • ana3067
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »

I suspect ana has been digging for more information from you because you essentially said you would eat sweets in moderation if it were up to you, if you had a choice in the matter... but it's apparently not up to you, you know you can't. Therefore, you don't. But if you could, then you would. Right? Or no?

It is not out of line whatsoever for ana or anyone else to wonder why, what reason do you have to not be able to do what you otherwise want to do? Is it psychological, medical? What? Why not elaborate on what you mean by "can't"?

Thanks, this is a good summation/clarification. It may not be helpful to you, but it could be very helpful to someone who lurks. It's like when I had teeerrible acne, I lurked on acne.org for a while before I joined up and I would look at people posting their own experiences, why things did and did not work, their thought process behind trying different approaches, the pscyhological battles they faced... when people elaborated, really shared their experience instead of just saying "it doesn't work" or "i can't do this approach" it helped me better understand how I wanted to go about fixing my skin.
  • ana3067
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I replaced sugar with maple syrup.

tumblr_md1agxe5Eg1qmeifg.gif
    tumblr_ms4clnt2SY1sp6iu7o1_500.gif
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    But WHY do you think you cannot eat sweets? Is it because you have a medical condition? Or is it because you simply don't think that you can eat them within your caloric needs? If you are successfully able to eat every other type of food within your caloric goals then there is no real reason that you cannot try eating sweets within your goals.

Perhaps she cannot personally control her intake of sweet things, which is not a rare situation. Others can't regulate their intake of crackers, ice cream etc. In these cases the individuals concerned do better by eliminating those things and not having them in the house thereby meeting their goals.

Not everyone has your self control to allow them eat a bit less of all the stuff they ate before. They got fat eating all the stuff, and ate to satisfaction, so down-regulating the satisfaction level can be a problem. If you eat your daily calories in (say) ice cream by lunch time you can't un-eat them and that day is blown, repeat until...

As for "medical issues", there's a lot of insulin resistance, impaired glucose tolerance, elevated fasting blood glucose etc around in the overweight population.

I don't really understand why a support forum can't help someone with advice on doing what they want to do, rather than telling them they got it wrong and should "Do it my way".

• ana3067
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    But WHY do you think you cannot eat sweets? Is it because you have a medical condition? Or is it because you simply don't think that you can eat them within your caloric needs? If you are successfully able to eat every other type of food within your caloric goals then there is no real reason that you cannot try eating sweets within your goals.

Perhaps she cannot personally control her intake of sweet things, which is not a rare situation. Others can't regulate their intake of crackers, ice cream etc. In these cases the individuals concerned do better by eliminating those things and not having them in the house thereby meeting their goals.

Not everyone has your self control to allow them eat a bit less of all the stuff they ate before. They got fat eating all the stuff, and ate to satisfaction, so down-regulating the satisfaction level can be a problem. If you eat your daily calories in (say) ice cream by lunch time you can't un-eat them and that day is blown, repeat until...

As for "medical issues", there's a lot of insulin resistance, impaired glucose tolerance, elevated fasting blood glucose etc around in the overweight population.

I don't really understand why a support forum can't help someone with advice on doing what they want to do, rather than telling them they got it wrong and should "Do it my way".

but then why would she not be able to control the intake? Is there a history of binging, and if so what is that related to? Is there a bad relationship with food, and if so is that related to something else? Are there medical reasons that might contribute to over-eating? To simply say "they can't control the intake" doesn't really get at the reason. As I've mentioned, in the past I binged and did not control my intake. And I listed the why for this phenomenon. Once I overcame those, binging ceased to be an issue.

So it's great if someone can share their whys so others can help share how they overcame the same issues, or others with the same issues can also find people who have similar experiences.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

It's a little out of line to pester people to disclose things they don't wish to disclose.

It's way, way, WAY out of line to say she shouldn't post here unless she answers every question people demand be answered.

There is no rule that says anyone has to answer anything.

"None of your business" is sufficient.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    but then why would she not be able to control the intake?

That's her issue, not mine. There are plenty of things she can do to help "Cutting out Sugar and Sweets" that aren't going to cause her problems or harm. Many find it effective.

"Now I do not believe you wanted to do that, did you?" can be tiring, even if well intended.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I can only add to this that there are physiological reasons why one can't stop eating sugar or junk food. They can be addictive, especially to sensitive individuals, and override people's reasonable mind. Just because YOU can do whatever you want and be fine, GREAT for YOU! But that is YOU! You are not 100% of the world population and should not be poking, prodding, discouraging people from doing what they feel they need to do. I have no reasonable idea why so many people on MFP defend eating junk to the death because it is "moderation" when someone tries to do better for themselves. I will never understand all this bashing of others on a HEALTHY LIVING site! People have different opinions, and different things that work for them. I am sorry, but if you consult every medical, diet, chiropractic, nutritionist and any other medical professional in your area, not ONE will say "OH NO!! DON'T CUT BACK SUGAR!! That candy and donut provide valuable nutrients!!"
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options

It's a little out of line to pester people to disclose things they don't wish to disclose.

It's way, way, WAY out of line to say she shouldn't post here unless she answers every question people demand be answered.

There is no rule that says anyone has to answer anything.

"None of your business" is sufficient.

I guess I didn't infer any malice on the part of ana. Vague stuff was said, clarification was requested. When denied, it was essentially pointed out that saying random vague stuff on internet forums provokes requests for clarification, esp when random vague stuff said was in reply to that poster.

Not unreasonable or malicious.