SO FORBIDS me!! Not sure if spousal abuse or not. WARNING, Triggering.

Options
124»

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Awesome, just do it and post the pics. Just buy her a night out with her m8s to a show and sleepover, then get to work. Multiple christmas trees would give you a better forest. What's the worst that could happen? Besides ofc the Empore getting through and then youd have to recreate the Ewok village in the bedroom.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Seriously, as someone who was abused by a spouse I find your title to be in piss poor taste. It's not funny or cute, it's a very serious matter. One that left me considering suicide at one point in my life. Next time please reconsider using it as some sorry attempt at being amusing.

So nobody in the world is ever allowed to joke about anything that might have ever been bad for anyone else or that someone else might possibly consider "serious" instead? There is no such thing. Sorry you want to live in a humorless world but you aren't going to stop the rest of us.

Creating a title that is in no way indicative that it's just a joke is not funny. I don't really care if you don't like my opinion on it. This, for me, is the subject that I don't stand down on, because I lived it.
    You're welcome to suggest a topic which is 'safe' for people to joke about because it couldn't possibly bother anyone.

Eating Irish babies.

Is that like Scotch Eggs, only different nationality and species?
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    habit365 wrote: »
    2nd tree in man cave. Decorate at will. Hope the man cave has a door.

This presumes he's gotten permission to make a man cave.

,,, thinking NOT.
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Yet another reason Christmas is stupid.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Yet another reason Christmas is stupid.

More proof that blogging should be a capital offense.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    I don't know what any of this means, but it sounds like impending divorce to me.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    O.o I say you put up A SECOND Christmas tree and follow your dream. No one is to tell you to not do something, you're not her child.. Daferk.. She's your wife, not your owner... It's not like it'd be dangerous.
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I wanted to empathize with the OP's point at first. But when I saw the price tag, I switched sides ;)
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    when my husband and i got married, we had a 3-d darth vader head as a groom's cake (i also had a traditional bride's cake). he wore his star wars tie. we played star wars instrumentals in the background.

needless to say i think your idea is the coolest thing ever and if my husband wanted to do what you suggest (minus the cost..) i would jump at the idea.

since you're stuck with a spouse that just doesn't love star wars i heartily agree with setting up a second christmas tree in a space that is more "yours". might i suggest a white artificial tree?