Where have all the healthy eaters gone?

Options

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    The healthy eaters are still here, and most still eat healthy, it's just that the focus has shifted from discussing nutrient-rich foods to discussing the ability to eat some of the less nutrient-rich ones in moderation.

If you take a look at the diaries of some of the people who speak captain crunch and soda, you will see some captain crunch and soda + a variety of meats, vegetables, fruits and nuts.

Well, yeah. Most people are probably doing exactly the same thing in reality but the focus of the discussion has shifted over time.

The people on the extremes still remain in the minority from what I can gather.

Finally, I want to know who would win in a fight: Capn Crunch or the Honey Monster.

So Capn Crunch is a short, older man but well he's got a battleship I assume and he's human so hence is capable of killing for no valid reason

and the Honey Monster is a monster but seems to be obsessed with talking to mummies

I reckon the Capn
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

Oh and sugar puffs are better than coco pops!

Lies.

Nope not lies

It's his Opinion, and he is entitled to it.

No matter how wrong it is
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

Lies.

Probably lies - I got information from one of the upper management at Honey Monster foods (yes they are actually called that).

• tamawamara
    tamawamara Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    For example today's (healthy?) menu

Breakfast- oatmeal with chocolate almonds, milky coffee, 1/2 grapefruit

Lunch- leftover beans and rice with peas, served on top of a bed of lettuce

Dinner- Vegan 13 bean soup (chock full o'veggies too), 2 wholegrain rolls

Dessert- Hot chocolate with a shot of whiskey in it.

That sounds like a nice day. I like the idea of whiskey in the hot choc, must try that one!
    I agree, good day,And I Like A little peppermint Schnapps in my hot chocolate.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    There are still people who eat very healthy. There are even people who struggle to eat better. By and large. They're content to eat what they want and let others do as they please. They're also better behaved.

Better behaved???
    Better behaved.

That would consist of not asking seemingly-innocent questions in order to get a response so that they can start with the mocking, name-calling, insulting and "I'm so much better and smarter than you are" bull.

Not bullying.

get over yourself …

you come into every thread and white knight it about bullying and people not
    "behaving" just because you have some impression that you are being "bullied"…when the majority of the time you are being called out for an inaccurate statement and then you perceive that as "bullying" ..

*eye roll*
    Its not about me. It's done all the time, to many people.

So many people leave here - or won't even post - because of it.

When people stop with the insults, mocking, name-calling and public announcements of they're all laughing at someone, I will cease to say they are bullying others.

I feel like it's only done (for the most part) to people who, when given sound information about how what they're spouting is ill-informed, react in a defensive manner and completely disregard the advice given.
    It shouldn't be done at all. People can disagree. People can refuse bad advice. People can even be dead wrong. That's all okay.

If that group went one week without mocking or personally attacking anyone, I'd be delighted to say, "I'm wrong. There isn't a group of Internet bullies on the forums." Delighted!

And if you went one week without derailing every clean eating, LCHF, paleo, etc with a divisive warning to the OP that "The bullies are coming! They're going to mock you!" before anyone has said anything even remotely controversial, the rest of the community would be delighted. Probably the mods, too.

Oddly enought, I was on a Keto thread last week and nobody showed up saying keto was bad. Imagine that, not every thread gets derailed. :)
  • tennisdude2004
    edited December 2014
    Options
    adowe wrote: »

Lies.

Nope not lies

It's his Opinion, and he is entitled to it.

No matter how wrong it is

Actually I don't like either because they are full of sugar and I don't eat sugar!

• sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    The problem we see here is that "clean eaters" get very dogmatic about it. You see things like yesterday regarding captain crunch - a clean eater told a very ripped gentleman that if he ate captain crunch he would never be able to win a fitness competition (or something along those lines)

Someone in this thread posted that no processing except cutting, cleaning and cooking equals clean, but I'd bet anything that they don't consider tortilla chips and potato chips to be clean - even though they fit that definition.

I lump clean eating in with zero tolerance policies - they are for people who see the world in black and white, do not recognize grey areas, and prefer not to think.
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    The healthy eaters are still here, and most still eat healthy, it's just that the focus has shifted from discussing nutrient-rich foods to discussing the ability to eat some of the less nutrient-rich ones in moderation.

If you take a look at the diaries of some of the people who speak captain crunch and soda, you will see some captain crunch and soda + a variety of meats, vegetables, fruits and nuts.

Well, yeah. Most people are probably doing exactly the same thing in reality but the focus of the discussion has shifted over time.

Finally, I want to know who would win in a fight: Capn Crunch or the Honey Monster.

So Capn Crunch is a short, older man but well he's got a battleship I assume and he's human so hence is capable of killing for no valid reason

and the Honey Monster is a monster but seems to be obsessed with talking to mummies

I reckon the Capn

It's only one mummy, well a guy and that guy used to be in the Benny Hill show!

• msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

Lies.

Probably lies - I got information from one of the upper management at Honey Monster foods (yes they are actually called that).

I'd rather have a bowl of Coco Pops.

I heard that from a talking monkey once...so it must be true!
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    There are still people who eat very healthy. There are even people who struggle to eat better. By and large. They're content to eat what they want and let others do as they please. They're also better behaved.

Better behaved???
    Better behaved.

That would consist of not asking seemingly-innocent questions in order to get a response so that they can start with the mocking, name-calling, insulting and "I'm so much better and smarter than you are" bull.

Not bullying.

get over yourself …

"behaving" just because you have some impression that you are being "bullied"…when the majority of the time you are being called out for an inaccurate statement and then you perceive that as "bullying" ..

*eye roll*

When people stop with the insults, mocking, name-calling and public announcements of they're all laughing at someone, I will cease to say they are bullying others.

I feel like it's only done (for the most part) to people who, when given sound information about how what they're spouting is ill-informed, react in a defensive manner and completely disregard the advice given.
    It shouldn't be done at all. People can disagree. People can refuse bad advice. People can even be dead wrong. That's all okay.

If that group went one week without mocking or personally attacking anyone, I'd be delighted to say, "I'm wrong. There isn't a group of Internet bullies on the forums." Delighted!

And if you went one week without derailing every clean eating, LCHF, paleo, etc with a divisive warning to the OP that "The bullies are coming! They're going to mock you!" before anyone has said anything even remotely controversial, the rest of the community would be delighted. Probably the mods, too.

Oddly enought, I was on a Keto thread last week and nobody showed up saying keto was bad. Imagine that, not every thread gets derailed. :)

Awe. I missed it. I'm always up for a good keto thread.
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Not sure I will ever get the concept that if soda and Captain crunch fit into your macos and calorie allotment that they are ok...and dont try to convince me...
  • blktngldhrt
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

I reckon the Capn

He's not really a captain.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    What the OP really wants is a new recipe for boneless skinless chicken breast, but was just being shy.
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Not sure I will ever get the concept that if soda and Captain crunch fit into your macos and calorie allotment that they are ok...and dont try to convince me...

You're exactly what I was talking about.
  • Turning_Hopes_to_Habits
    Options
    One of the biggest, most dramatic fights I ever got into in my life was with my BFF when I was 13. I went to take a shower and when I came out, she had poured the whole box of Cap'n Crunch into a big bowl so she could pick out all the crunchberries. She was eating a bowl of every last one of the crunchberries! I lost my *kitten*.

That probably wasn't all that helpful here...

I'm grown up now, and my daughter can have Cap'n Crunch if she likes, as long as she finishes her healthy dinner first. It's a candy cereal and not a bad dessert. Me, I prefer Kellog's Mini Wheats as a sweet snack, because it's crunchy, too. It's perfect!
  • tennisdude2004
    Options

Lies.

Yeah right and I bet he told you it would turn the milk chocolaty as well!!!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

Better behaved???
    Better behaved.

Not bullying.

get over yourself …

*eye roll*

I don't do it in every thread. Not even most threads. I'd also be delighted to be proved wrong. I will happily announce that there is no bullying going on. I'll be all, "I am the wrongest of wrong people. Nobody is bullying anyone."

I'll start a thread just so everyone can say, "You are the wrongest of wrong people. An entire week, no bullying to be found."
  • blktngldhrt
    edited December 2014
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Not to mention but Cap'n Crunch will rip the roof of your mouth to shreds :)

High five
    What the OP really wants is a new recipe for boneless skinless chicken breast, but was just being shy.

Mix parmesan, oregano, parsley, salt, paprika, and pepper together. Melt butter. Dip chicken in butter and then spice mix. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes.

Wait..thats not clean is it?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Why aren't they okay?? What's going to happen? If I fit soda & Captain crunch in after I eat my veggies & protein did it contaminate all the good stuff?
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

Lies.

Yeah right and I bet he told you it would turn the milk chocolaty as well!!!

Just start with chocolate milk and problem solved!
This discussion has been closed.