How bad is it to do weight machines 2 days in a row?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• IndianCat3
    IndianCat3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    IndianCat3 wrote: »
    well, that was my opinion which i always gotten from Personal Trainers. Im not gonna apologize for it either. Doing the split lower and upper is the best choice. I never said it was BAD, i said that you shouldn't do it, you can easily injure yourself and muscles need time to grow. that is all.

What expertise do you possess that enables you to make such definitive statements of good vs bad ... should vs shouldn't?

she does body pump :p

The topic that I replied to was labeled "favorite at home workouts"
    My favorite at home workout has nothing to do with this post whatsoever.

So move the hell on with helping this dude get his answer to his post.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    well, that was my opinion which i always gotten from Personal Trainers. Im not gonna apologize for it either. Doing the split lower and upper is the best choice. I never said it was BAD, i said that you shouldn't do it, you can easily injure yourself and muscles need time to grow. that is all.

What expertise do you possess that enables you to make such definitive statements of good vs bad ... should vs shouldn't?

she does body pump :p

The topic that I replied to was labeled "favorite at home workouts"
    My favorite at home workout has nothing to do with this post whatsoever.

So move the hell on with helping this dude get his answer to his post.

he already got his answer. based on what he's doing, training the same group 2 days in a row is fine.

i think your best bet is moving the hell out of this thread. or don't. idgaf.

tumblr_n1wzp4CchC1ts7f01o1_500.gif
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

On what grounds is it the best choice?
    I'm currently undergoing training to join the Royal Marines, which involves days of vigorous exercise.. quite often working the same muscle groups.. 2.. 3.. 4 days in a row. Just because it isn't tailored to 'optimum' build of any one muscle group doesn't mean it is any less effective if done properly.

To OP. All the best. Do what feels RIGHT to you. If you start to feel lethargic and experience too much strain. Give that muscle set a rest for a while, we are here as advice. I'm certainly no expert but I hate to see posters pretending they know the 'facts'. Different things work for different people.