2015 Adopt a Noob Official MFP Thread

Options

Replies

• hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I want to volunteer to be a mentor or am looking for a mentor.

I started at 294lb and have dropped down to 238lb and tried to maintain. Slowly crept back to 265lb and need to start logging again and get back into exercise.

Getting started second time around is proving difficult, but I refuse to buy bigger clothes!

Time to get back onto this thing and get back to 238 and hopefully to around 210lb
  • bert45071
    bert45071 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be adopted. It always helps to have accountability and a fresh take on things!
  • lillianboozer
    lillianboozer Posts: 2 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hi my name's Lilly and I'm looking for a mentor. I used to weigh 135 lbs at 5'5 and could easily maintain it. I just had a baby boy about three months ago and at my heighest I was 178lbs. I'm now 158lbs and breastfeeding. What I really need is some help. Unfortunately I'm just having trouble breaking the 158 mark. I range from 165lbs to 158lbs. Right now I am focusing on tracking my calories and eating only healthy foods. No junk food or fast food. I'm 20 years old and not very active. I try to stay at about 1,700 calories a day since breastfeeding requires so much. I will be starting a job as CNA in about a week and need to be in better shape for that. What my goals are, to keep calorie counting, drink enough water because I don't drink nearly enough, no fast food, only eat healthy foods, no drinks with calories or diet pops, weight around 120lbs, become active and stay active, tone my body, and just feel better physically. What I need from a mentor is really just some help. I don't know if my calorie intake is correct, any healthy recipes, or even how to get active again. I need to get better at this. I'm in no shape to be able to chase and play with my son when he can walk. I also am not strong enough to lift people for my job. Food wise, I'm willing to buy whatever is needed, even food prep ahead of time. I hope someone out there can help or teach me. Male or female it doesn't matter. I just want to be healthy to be a good role model for my son. Thanks.
  • kjeff147
    kjeff147 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am looking for a mentor or friends also. I am 32, mother 2, and a nurse practitioner. I'm looking to lose 20+ lbs. My weight has fluctuated since having my kids and I am fed up with how I look and feel, and want to get back to my prepregnancy weight, so I need to get with the program. I have been on on MFP for a few years now but never anything more than a few days in a row. Just looking for support. thanks! I'd love a mentor!
  • Snowbellae
    Snowbellae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 and looking to lose about 60+ pounds. I'm really interested in starting either a new vegan or planet based lifestyle, and I'd really love a mentor.
  • november_rain
    november_rain Posts: 5 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hello, my name is Lynette. I am looking for a mentor. I recently quit smoking and put on weight super fast. I am 30 years old, weigh 160 lbs (was maintaining 145 before I quit smoking 2 months ago) and am 5'4. I just started logging my calories and activity again yesterday. I am not a fan of running, but I started back at it again yesterday because I know that's the only way I'll be able to meet my 10,000 step goal everyday with my time constraints. I am a nursing student and have a family. I've always had a weight issue, because I never stuck with an exercise routine. I'm tired of giving up on myself. I've already made a few lifestyle changes that I've been able to stick with and have already proven to myself that i can do whatever I put my mind to. I just need some accountability from someone who kind of understands where I'm at.
  • Hailey_Mae_Herman
    Options
    Hey y'all my name is Hailey Mae, I'm looking for someone to help give me that extra boost to stay motivated. I want to get in better shape and stop being out of breath when i walk up the 3 flights of stairs to get to work. I'm a month shy of being 22, 5'8" tall (172.72 cm) & I weigh 156 lbs (~ 71 kg).

Thanks!
  • mercurystar999
    mercurystar999 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Mentor or two required here!

Got an absolute shed load of weight to lose (over 100lbs) and to receive advice from someone that has been there and done it would be of great help.

• williamdolce
    williamdolce Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Will. I am a certified personal trainer. I have been lifting qeights since the age of 15 and have played baseball, football in high school so I am pretty knowledgable when it comes to sports nutrition as well. I am experienced at writing diet plans, training plans, goals and any other questions or issues that anyone has. I am open to take on a couple newbies feel free to contact me. I currently train 12 people in my gym.
  • bloody88
    bloody88 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am not newb entirely since i am close to my goal after a couple of months but I'd love a mentor.
    A couple of stuff about me:
    My name is Maria, I am from west Greece, 29years old.
    I've studied Health care and Social Units administration.
    My plan originally was to lose weight. Around 20BMI to start lifting, then cut till I'd reach 18.5 BMI and then proceed to bulk/cut cycle untill I reach the desired BF% result.
    Everything was going according to plan, up until the point that life caught up.
    I started lifting 3weeks ago and now i need to move out of town with no gym available where I am going to live, so if there's anyone that works exclusively with their body without any weights make sure to add me :smile:
    I might have to maintain even, before I lose the last 8pounds.
    I'd love a mentor that is active!
    I have the portion/food/calorie/macros stuff under control(I believe),
    But I need active people that log their exercise, which will motivate me to go out and do stuff myself!
    Stats:
    Height: 1.72
    CW: 59kg/130lbs
    GW: 55kg/121.2lbs
    GBF%: 16%
  • preyaticintent
    preyaticintent Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP(only 5 days). I'm already 6 weeks into my journey(have lost 20 lbs). I've still got a long way to go(another 100 lbs). I'm looking for not only a mentor, but friends who can help push and motivate. Feel free to add me/PM me.
  • ridgescott
    ridgescott Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Ridge I am 286 my goal is to get to 200. I am a workaholic and love to play video games. Work about 50-64 hours a week. Ok the weekends I see my girlfriend during the weeks after work I could go to the gym but to lazy too. During the week I've been told I eat to much and to fast. I used to have buddy that workout together with and were Ina bit of a competition. I would be looking for a mentor to get me back on that path and looking for some my fitness pal friends.
  • MamaGemini123
    MamaGemini123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am a noob! somewhat.. Im not new to fitness pal but I always gave up quickly in the past... I want the old active me.. I was extreamly active and fit.. Now i'm yep big and out of shape.. but i've been doing this now for two weeks and loving it.. I don't know the last time i've been so motivated
  • Loddieconnor975
    Loddieconnor975 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a mentor
  • cocoamphoacetate
    cocoamphoacetate Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hi guys. i'm ready to lose lots of weight!
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am currently looking for a mentor or some sort of support group of people that have the same goals and interests as me. I am currently 150 lbs and 5'6'' and a college student and I want to start sort of get into some intense sports like boxing and rowing. My weight has fluctuated a lot and that depends typically on my work/school situation. I managed to get down to 135 lbs last summer but after not exercising and this summer's eating(my job bought us lunch a lot), I creeped back up to almost 150. So I'm looking for people that want to stay on track with nutrition, but even more so that want to become athletes. I am looking to join my school's boxing club and want to have a good diet and exercise routine to pair with training so I can be my best athletically and lose weight. Message me if you would like to mentor me or have similar goals as me.
  • oxautumnxo
    oxautumnxo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a nooblette and I would love a mentor
  • healthyrachel1979
    healthyrachel1979 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Looking for someone to mentor me. I am at my heaviest, 301, wanting to get down to 175. I am a SAHM to 2 kids. Please message me if interested and we can talk further. Hoping someone who can relate to having to lose a significant amount of weight. Thanks for reading.
  • bryce_bryce
    bryce_bryce Posts: 6 MFP Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Has found his noobs and is no longer accepting new applicants. :)

Hello, I'm Bryce, and I would like to be a mentor (one person only)! I'm into running, climbing, and generally healthy living. I'm an engineer for MFP and essentially looking for an "accountabilibuddy" to help me stay motivated to use the site.
  • lauraleefaith
    lauraleefaith Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Adopt me!
This discussion has been closed.