2015 Adopt a Noob Official MFP Thread

Options
1252627282931»

Replies

• ForTheLoveOfButter
    Options
    Seeking a heavy lifting mentor. Not exactly a "n00b" to MFP or lifting, but fell off track last year. Wanting to get back into it again.

I own NROLFW, soon to own Strong Curves (to give you an idea of the kind of training programs I'm looking at). 25 y/o F, 170 lbs, 5'5 (when I lifted before, I was down to 130-135 lbs so...yeaaaah. Kinda fluffly now. o_o).

Calories set at 2,000, macro setup 40c/30p/30f. This 'aint my first rodeo, I know I need to eat. ;)

Would love a mentor (male or female, doesn't matter) to help keep me on track, share food ideas, and to help me break through plateaus.

Let me know if interested! :)
  • Ian_Davies
    Ian_Davies Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Seeking a mentor.

About me:
    I am 44, 180cm and fluctuate around 78kg. So far I have lost 14kgs through cleaning my diet and exercise however I'm now trying to get lean and toned with a reduction in body fat, which I'm finding a greater challenge than losing the initial weight.

I mainly do body weight exercises mixed with a bit of yoga and try to stay low carb, although have been poor recently at completing my diary. I also recognise that my sleep patterns are not ideal and need to be fixed.

What I'm looking for in a Mentor:
    Positivity, Knowledge and Honesty.

It doesn't matter who you are (male/female, age etc.), where you're from, etc. I'm just focused on low body fat and being lean and toned and would welcome teaming up with someone who can provide guidance and support on how to get there.

I've achieved the first part of my goal but now I need that next step and would really appreciate a knowledgeable mentor to help guide me on the next part of my journey.
  • PatrykKordy
    PatrykKordy Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Seeking a menor or someone to partner up with to stay motivated!!!

About me:
    21 years old, 180 cm, 81kg I have been doing ICF 5x5 for about a 2 months now. I'm a newbie and my goals are to look better without a shirt on. I'm skinny fat and have been mostly cutting for the last 2 months. I dropped from 88kg to 81kg while gaining some muscle but not much yet.

What I am looking for:
    Someone who will help me with dieting tips, give me insight and help my lifts become better while getting a low bodyfat. I know a lot of people will say bulk and it will come with time but my goal is to cut so I can for once see my abs and than follow a nice clean bulk.

If anyone is willing to help out a lifting nooblet message me and I'll gladly share my current weights, plan and diet!
  • TiffanyNicole421
    TiffanyNicole421 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    29 year old full time working mom of 3. Ages: 8, 4, and 2. I have tried this before. I always do well for about 2.5 weeks then I give up. I am up to 225 pounds. Recently, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea due to my weight. I need a mentor to help me through this. I grew up on McDonalds and starches. I need to learn how to cook and what to eat. I'm done nursing and having babies. It's time to get myself together.
  • SonicSloth
    SonicSloth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Seeking a mentor or a motivation buddy

About me:
    18 years old, 5'9, 140 lbs Just started hitting the gym, I have 2 dumbbells at home 20 lbs each. Trying to get a better body before April for a week-long trip to Hawaii and maintain body and weight throughout college. I'm skinny (one of those track guys) trying to gain some weight but I don't eat much. Got some extra time on my hands, am willing to go ham if needed.

What I am looking for:
    Diet of course is a must for me because I have no idea what to eat or how to eat more. I am currently doing some really basic lifts but other than that I know no other exercises. It would be great if someone could coach me on what to do and even better if someone is willing to be my partner or a motivator. I know the Hawaii trip is short term but it's really more of an excuse to start bulking up.

I would be really thankful if anyone would take up this offer. If you are interested in being my mentor or even just a buddy feel free to message me!
  • eTrevor79
    eTrevor79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Seeking a mentor.

About me:
    I'm 36 and in Northwest Ohio. Just getting started down the road to improvement with the fiancée. I want to lose almost 40 pounds.

What I'm looking for:
    I signed in here for the support and motivation. I'm looking to use MyFitnessPal for the community. I signed up to have a source of motivation and to watch the success of others. I do not have plans to use this app to track food. I want to use it to track my weight, steps and to find and send motivation.

Thank you.
  • loving1me
    loving1me Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Ashley im 28 years old im a mom of two, one boy one girl i am happily married my family has been amazing i started this journey at 350lbs now at 215lbs i have 50lbs to go loosing all that weight has left loose skin all over my body extremely discouraging although my husband is amazing supporting me in this is just not his thing he never wants to talk about it scared of saying the wrong thing im here looking for a mentor to help me get through these last 50lbs please help me...
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm happy to be a female mentor :smile:

I'm Ruth and have been on this site since 2012 and maintaining goal range for 2+ years.
    I enjoy being helpful to those losing weight and am happy to mentor one person who is going to log in daily and not just log in but also post updates etc.

Anyone who feel I might be the one to help them, just send me a friend request with a message.

Thanks Ruth
  • Frenchyken
    Frenchyken Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Seeking a mentor!

Hello. I'm a 26 year old married mother of 2. I'm currently bouncing between 155-160lbs and at only 4'10" I have a long way to go I'd like to get to 125lbs. I enjoy running and run often and I have been lifting weights. I really want to get into weight lifting and have been enjoying it. I'd like a mentor that can help with my exercise goal as well a nutrition and just help keep me on track. Someone I can talk to if I have questions or need some extra motivation. If you're willing and able to help, let me know! Thank you!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I know that the thread for next year has not yet been established, but I'd be honored to help a few young ladies at that time. As a mentor, I might not know much about nutrition or fitness, but I can relate to certain experiences and will gladly cheer on/encourage anyone who needs it/be a listening ear when needed, especially from a Christian perspective. I've logged faithfully for quite a while, gained control of diabetes and lost a total of 30 lbs despite having to "do life " from a wheelchair. Before getting a major wound, I loved to ride a horse and use one of those hand-bike machine thingamajigs for exercise (and used to play/love baseball), and I believe that all food is safe for dieters as long as you're not allergic/intolerant to it (I'm looking at you, chocolate and fries!). If you think you might need me, please let me know! :)
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be a female mentor!

I've lost 75+ pounds and I've been here every day for over two years. I don't think I'm going any where any time soon! I love to be encouraging and motivating to others. I'll tell you what's worked for me, and help you find what will work for you. I'm really positive and I love helping others work towards being as happy as I am :)
  • bethayers11
    bethayers11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would love someone to help keep me accountable! I have a terrible sweet tooth and am hoping to lose 20 pounds in the next couple of months- overall I'd like to lose 40 in the long term.

I'm 21 years old, 175 lbs, 5'3" looking for another woman to help me out! Thanks :)
  • Nova
    Nova Posts: 9,945 MFP Staff
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who posted in this topic!! A new topic has been started for 2016 here

This discussion has been closed.