Can you lose weight if you only eat oreo cookies?

Options

Replies

• musicmint
    musicmint Posts: 469
    Options
    I'm sorry , but this seems like a really dumb question. Take it from someone who's actually been there. I ate nothing but cookies and junk and I was not overweight, but I felt super crappy all the time and I was anemic and malnourished.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will lose weight. WITH NO NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES WHATSOEVER.

EPIC POST IS EPIC!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    lets say you eat broken glass, you stay within your calorie range but your eating broken glass...just because you stay within your calorie range "is it good for you to eat broken glass?" NO! your body needs more than just a certain amount of fuel...it needs GOOD FUEL!

you eat broken glass?

broken glass has calories?

never heard of the broken glass diet, must be an emo / goth thing. kinda makes the oreo diet seem like a good idea as its actually based on a digestable but nutritionally devoid food product.

man, that glass must fill you up like forever. make sure you get a bit of fibre tho, I imagine sh!tting glass would be the downside one of the main diet other than imminent perforation of the bowel. but yeh, you would probably loose a bunch of weight in the hospital waiting for them replace your internal organs.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • nikilis
    Options
    yes of course you could but Tim Tams are a much better choice.:tongue:

tim tam slams for the win! cookies and milk. always fricken awesome!
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    when i was a kid there was a show on the tube called Real People..and on one episode they showcased a man who pretty much only ate M and M's YES he was rail thin.. ok so not a fitness enthusiast and probably not robustly healthy but it blew my mind when i was like 12 and it still does now,,But now I know WHY he was thin:)

The worst part of this story is that when you were a kid - there was no such thing as a peanut butter m&m. :sad:
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options

Or Nutter Butters...
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

....sonofabi....you had to mention Tim Tams...why not just throw in Jammie Dodgers too. *craves*
  • nikilis
    Options

....sonofabi....you had to mention Tim Tams...why not just throw in Jammie Dodgers too. *craves*

pfff. buy a box of chocolate fingers. go on. you will eat them all. wont you! yes! you wil!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

pfff. buy a box of chocolate fingers. go on. you will eat them all. wont you! yes! you wil!

lol, not tonight I won't. It's an hour drive to the store to get them and the store closed about an hour ago. Safe from the chocolate for tonight, but I'm pretty sure I'll be buying Tim Tams tomorrow at some point.
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I read an article where some college professor went on a Twinkie diet and lost weight. It got me thinking about what he did. I average about 3 miles a day of walking at work and then I walk my dog for about 3 miles each day. I got exercise, my problem was the amount of food I ate.

Eating the exact same crap I always ate but in smaller portions was all it took to see my weight drop. It dropped fast and really hasn't come back. Then last year I started fooling myself with the amount I ate because I was hiking a lot and being more active than usual. However the amounts I ate was far more than normal...

So the past year has been a waste for me. I have stayed at the exact same weight. So now I'm back to eating less and I'm seeing the weight drop again. I knew what I was doing was wrong... I'm a big boy so I can live with my choices, good or bad.

I know there are many people who lost a lot of weight in a shorter amount of time because they also ate healthy but that never worked for me. Other than my weight I am extremely healthy, low cholesterol good blood pressure and all. Lately I have been watching what I eat so it's not all bad and I'm back on track...

So my answer is yes you certainly can lose weight on Oreo cookies as long as you don't go over your calorie count...
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Oreos are full of trans fat.

At least, eat an organic version. :smokin:
  • Dynamis600
    Dynamis600 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    You haven't done Tim Tams properly unless you have done the Tim Tam straw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcVkBY00A2k
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Oreos are full of trans fat.

At least, eat an organic version. :smokin:

I can not even imagine an organic Oreo. It just sounds wrong. :noway:
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    when i was a kid there was a show on the tube called Real People..and on one episode they showcased a man who pretty much only ate M and M's YES he was rail thin.. ok so not a fitness enthusiast and probably not robustly healthy but it blew my mind when i was like 12 and it still does now,,But now I know WHY he was thin:)

The worst part of this story is that when you were a kid - there was no such thing as a peanut butter m&m. :sad:
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    peanut butter m&ms are da BOMB
  • kahdxoom
    kahdxoom Posts: 129
    Options
    53 calories a cookie. 9 cookies a meal. 3 times a day plus one more for dessert = 1484 calories. Not enough to keep you satisfied anyways- who wants that sugar drop? What a ride THAT would be!
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    That's only 18 and 3/4 cookies, or 10 3/4 double stuff, or 17 1/2 golden Oreo's or 15 fudge covered. That's about half a pack (30 cookies in a container) so your food bill will go down because a pack will last 2 days and the whole month would cost you $75 ( but I'd go with the store brand and save about $30) which is nice considering you'll need to see a dentist and possibly a Dr. when you're nice and skinny(fat)
  • emperatrix
    emperatrix Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Probably... but I don't think your digestive system would thank you for it.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Thanks now I want Oreo's!
  • SkunkyDeGraves
    SkunkyDeGraves Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I always ate 1,500 Oreos and had horrible results. But I blamed it on the milk.