Options
12346»

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

Personally I think they need much better mental screening of the police before they're allowed to carry a gun. There are bad cops that just can't handle the pressure. If the entry exams and screening were as tough as say entering the FBI then you wouldn't have these issues. When is the last time you heard about the FBI involved in a shooting where someone didn't deserve it?

Raise the pay if necessary to get better people in there but we have to be more cautious about who gets that authority.
    Couldn't agree more. And yes, I hate all cops.

I wouldn't be so quick to say "I hate all cops."

You wouldn't be saying that if you had a daughter who was kidnapped, held hostage, raped and beaten.

Or if you had a son who was out riding his bike and hit and killed by a drunk driver who fled the scene.

You'd be begging the cops for help in both scenarios.
  • veronakings
    Options
    cept who do you call when a cop murdered your child in front of u
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Why don't people protest the cop killings? Well a few reasons. Number one, being a cop is a dangerous job with a chance of death. Police killings happen all the time. The only reason it's getting so much publicity is because the media wants to create a war between people. Number two, cops choose their career. People don't choose to be born black. No, I don't think that Ferguson is a good example of the problems with the justice system and race, but I think that the the Eric Garner case is the perfect example. I've never in my life heard of someone being arrested for selling loose cigs. Ticketed, yes, but taken down and arrested absolutely not. What I hate the most about all this dumb media coverage is they are creating a war where none should exist. There is no question that minorities are treated unfairly in the justice system. All you have to do is compare. Every state in America has this issue, but instead of making it about the injustices in our justice system, the media started a war between the black community and police. This issue goes a lot further than just the police. It spans into the courts, the corrections systems, etc.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I have used a gun defensively, 24 years ago, when someone broke into our house at 2 AM. First baby in one room, wife and me in the other. All of us upstairs in a 2-story house. The "intruder" was downstairs. Short version is everyone lived, but if that guy would have stepped into my line of fire, the shotgun would have unloaded itself as fast as humanly possible.

Fear for your life, and/or your loved ones lives, just once, before you judge.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    The following is in regards to Ferguson and one of the realest things speeches I've ever read:

"Today, I stopped caring about my fellow man. I stopped caring about my community, my neighbors, and those I serve. I stopped caring today because a once noble profession has become despised, hated, distrusted, and mostly unwanted.

I stopped caring today because parents refuse to teach their kids right from wrong and blame us when they are caught breaking the law. I stopped caring today because parents tell their little kids to be good or “the police will take you away” embedding a fear from year one. Moms hate us in their schools because we frighten them and remind them of the evil that lurks in the world.

They would rather we stay unseen, but close by if needed, but readily available to “fix their kid.” I stopped caring today because we work to keep our streets safe from mayhem in the form of reckless, drunk, high, or speeding drivers, only to be hated for it, yet hated even more because we didn’t catch the drunk before he killed someone they may know.
    Nevertheless, we are just another tool used by government to generate “revenue.” I stopped caring today because Liberals hate the police as we carry guns, scare kids, and take away their drugs. We always kill innocent people with unjust violence. We are called bullies for using a Taser during a fight, but are condemned further for not first tasing the guy who pulls a gun on us.

And if we do have to shoot, we are asked “why didn’t you just shoot the gun out of their hand?” And when one of us is killed by the countless attacks that do happen (but are rarely reported in the mainstream media) the haters say, “It's just part of the job.” I stopped caring today because Conservatives hate us as we are “the Government.” We try to take away their guns, freedoms, and liberty at every turn.

We represent a “Police State” where “jackbooted badge-wearing thugs” randomly attack innocent people without cause or concern for constitutional rights. We are Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Rodney King all rolled into one lone police officer stopping to help change an old lady’s tire. I stopped caring today as no one wants us around, but instantly demands answers, results, arrests, when a crime takes place.

If a crime isn’t solved within the allocated 60 minutes it takes CSI on television, we are inept, incompetent, or covering something up. If we do get “lucky” it was just that and everyone with a Facebook account can post wonderful comments of how “they” would solve the case and how “we” are not nearly as clever.

I stopped caring today because a video of a cop six states away, from a department that you never heard of, screws up and forgets his oath of honor, thus firing up an internet lynch-mob of cop haters even though 99% of us work twice as hard not to end up in the news and to still be “the good guys.” We are “militarized” because we wear body armor and kevlar helmets when shots are fired or rocks thrown at us and carry scary looking rifles even though everyone knows that they are easier to shoot and are more accurate than a handgun or a shotgun.

I stopped caring today because the culture of today’s instantly connected youth is only there to take and never give back. To never accept responsibility for ones actions, but to blame everyone else instead of themselves. To ask “what is in it for me?” versus “what can I do for you?”

To idolize gangsters, thugs, sexually promiscuous behavior, and criminals over hard work, dedication, and achievement. To argue that getting stoned should be a right, yet getting a job or an education is a hassle. To steal verus earn. To hate versus help. Yes, I stopped caring today. But tomorrow, I will put my uniform back on and I will care again."

-Lt. Daniel Furseth
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    cept who do you call when a cop murdered your child in front of u

The better question is why did the cop kill the child?
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options

[/quote]
    Couldn't agree more. And yes, I hate all cops.

[/quote]

You're just a whole mountain of stupid, ain't ya?

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sorry .. but you keep your nose clean you have nothing to worry about. This is another example of what can happen if you don't. Toy guns should be made to look like toys, but that will never happen unless the attitude towards guns changes.

You mean like this guy? He was minding his own business. A cop pulls into a gas station behind him and asks to see his ID. He goes back into his SUV to get it...just like the cop asks. He gets shot in the hip. You can literally hear the cop telling the guy to get down on the ground AFTER the guy has already fallen to the ground from being shot. The poor guy is just baffled as to what just happened. "Why did you shoot me? What did I do?"

Is this how clean we should keep our noses?

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »
    OMG the thing that ticks me off the most about this recent incident is a quote for a guy saying "why must you always use deadly force?" BECAUSE HE FRIGGEN POINTED A GUN AT HIM!!! I'm sorry someone points a gun at me, I'm not going to be all, "oh poopy-doo! Better put it down or I'm going to use some verbal judo on you, you mean person!" EFF THAT.

The cops in New York weren't even doing anything and he killed them. It breaks my heart. We had an officer killed in my town back in September. He was one of the most caring guys and would do anything for anyone. I work with his identical twin brother and it's just awful what that family has been through. Now they have to hear about people wanting cops dead all over the nation. I've worked in law enforcement for 6 years and have a ton of cop friends, and my brother in law is a cop. I'm worried sick about everyone of them now just because people can't go about this in a peaceful manner.

Martin Luther King Jr. protested using peaceful ways and got *kitten* done. What has been going on is crapping all over what he stood for.

Pretty sure they're SUPPOSED to use deadly force when their lives are threatened. It's been that way for decades!

Wrong equal force or less force.

I don't agree that they are "supposed" to use deadly force but what do equal for or less forace mean?

ok let use examples like this.

criminal vs cop
    if a criminal is pointing a gun at a cop yes cop has authority to use deadly force and headshot if he wants to.

Knives can be consider deadly force by some and to some.

the kid with toy gun. The video of that shows excessive force.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/cleveland-police-kill-12-year-old-boy-seconds-after-respondi#.wtqORdN1e

This is a old one and I must specify WHITE kid because it is not a race issue. The media and ignorant people think it is a race issue. It is a cop issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAPwyodTkYA

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/conviction-overturned-for-officer-in-2010-umd-beating/28222058

Verdict of that case.

Thank god I missed that game being a duke fan. That night would not of ended so well for me.

Eric Garner case.
    Ban chokehold in NYC right.

Wow I just confused myself because I know there are some strong people enough for there body to be a technical deadly force. Kind of how boxers are register in the system so there assault crimes get bigger consequences.

Saying a cop should use equal force is so easy to say but in real life it's not. Now the officer has to predict how aggressive someone might get. Cops are not boxers, they're cops.

Unfortunately there are great cops and there are terrible cops. I've had to work personally with both groups. Keep in mind we also have great civilians and terrible ones. And sometimes some of the bad apples become cops. The system isn't perect.

Also, what did you mean by the line I bolded.

I am a duke fan and would always watch them play UMCP at college park. To say I was never threaten or got into some altercation when watching the games there is a understatement.

Are you saying threatened by the cops or an altercation with them?

What do you mean it would have ended badly for you? I don't understand.

Well then in 2010 I was a big drinker. I would of more likely got close or have been blacked out there. It would of ended badly for me with those Maryland fans.

I have never had problems with cops. That is also because I act differently around them. Am I afraid of cops? I do not have a yes or no answer.

There was a time in college park when the house my friend was staying at was being vandalism. There was a little fight. We called the cops. They never came. I was not in a shape to fight since I have repaired my pec a few months before that night so I was kind of out for holding my own which sucks.