2015 Resolutions ???

Options

Replies

• Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    some of these resolutions crack me up, because you guys are so straight forward and so honest. I just love it. Your motivation and goals help ME stay motivated and smiling everyday. You are what makes me come back everyday to MFP.

2015 goals:
    - No alcohol from Jan 1 - Jan 31 :)
    - get to goal weight of 115lbs
    - Half Marathon
    - LOVE MYSELF
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    2015 is going to be a bit crazy for me, as I am moving from Toronto to Los Angeles (goodbye snow
  • SharonR1972
    SharonR1972 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've already started working on all of this, so I'm not sure you could call it a New Years Resolution, but...
    -Run a 5K, 10K, Half-Marathon, and Marathon (I have the 5K and 10K both scheduled already - I'm hoping to get into the NYC Marathon on November 1!)
    -Lose 40 more pounds
  • jim_just_jim
    jim_just_jim Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Lazz5k wrote: »
    some of these resolutions crack me up, because you guys are so straight forward and so honest. I just love it. Your motivation and goals help ME stay motivated and smiling everyday. You are what makes me come back everyday to MFP.

2015 goals:
    - No alcohol from Jan 1 - Jan 31 :)
    - get to goal weight of 115lbs
    - Half Marathon
    - LOVE MYSELF

^^Love this - Keeping each other motivated !
  • jim_just_jim
    Options
    srampley wrote: »
    I've already started working on all of this, so I'm not sure you could call it a New Years Resolution, but...
    -Run a 5K, 10K, Half-Marathon, and Marathon (I have the 5K and 10K both scheduled already - I'm hoping to get into the NYC Marathon on November 1!)
    -Lose 40 more pounds

-Running a 10K tomorrow ! New Years Day ! lol - good luck on yours !!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Here's my list:

- lose 35 to 40 lbs (I have 50lbs to go)
    - Run at least 4 5k races
    - Train up to a 10k distance (maybe do a race if I feel comfortable)
    - Be able to do 1 pull up!
    - Reconnect with some old friends
    - Get up earlier and actually eat breakfast at home (this will be the hardest for me)
    - Learn to sew
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    2015 is going to be a bit crazy for me, as I am moving from Toronto to Los Angeles (goodbye snow

Just noticed that my message didn't go through properly. Not sure what happened to the rest of it.

As I was saying, I'm moving in January and I'm also dealing with some health issues right now, so my resolutions are:

Eat at least 6, preferably 10 fruits and vegetables daily

Get outside every day in LA, even if I can only make it around the block

Use my time off training as an opportunity to focus on eating for overall health and longevity as opposed to focusing on only short term performance goals.

Make an effort to find new friends and activities in my new city, even when staying home seems easier.

Plan my return to competition, and keep learning through books and videos until I am recovered enough to get back into the gym.

Edited to try to fix quotes. MFP and my iPhone don't seem to be getting along today.
  • jim_just_jim
    Options

Just noticed that my message didn't go through properly. Not sure what happened to the rest of it.

As I was saying, I'm moving in January and I'm also dealing with some health issues right now, so my resolutions are:

Eat at least 6, preferably 10 fruits and vegetables daily

Get outside every day in LA, even if I can only make it around the block

Use my time off training as an opportunity to focus on eating for overall health and longevity as opposed to focusing on only short term performance goals.

Make an effort to find new friends and activities in my new city, even when staying home seems easier.

Plan my return to competition, and keep learning through books and videos until I am recovered enough to get back into the gym.

Edited to try to fix quotes. MFP and my iPhone don't seem to be getting along today.

Good luck in LA and enjoy the weather !
  • jim_just_jim
    Options
    Here's my list:

- lose 35 to 40 lbs (I have 50lbs to go)
    - Run at least 4 5k races
    - Train up to a 10k distance (maybe do a race if I feel comfortable)
    - Be able to do 1 pull up!
    - Reconnect with some old friends
    - Get up earlier and actually eat breakfast at home (this will be the hardest for me)
    - Learn to sew

I'd like to be able to do 1 pullup too !
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Recommit myself to my violin. I'd like to practice an average of 1 hour a day.

Work on losing the weight I've gained over the holidays and picking up a second job (15 pounds over the last few months...ugh).

Work on eating less sweets.

Stay hydrated enough.

Be able to do a push up again by the end of the year.

Be forgiving of myself if a student is unhappy. I need to allow myself to recognize that I cannot MAKE them happy.

Take students leaving me in better stride than last year.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the only one who's resolutions aren't about fitness and weight loss :(

Nah, mine were about sleep and being a loner - as in to get/be more of those things.
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    FitFroglet wrote: »
    my goals include:
    - get to healthy BMI (24.9 or less) before end of April
    - up my maximum distance of a run from 5.85 miles to 10 miles before end of July (a year after I started being able to run without taking walking breaks)
    - do at least one full bodyweight pull-up before the end of the year (I can attack this from two directions - getting stronger and getting lighter)

I dont even know my BMI :( Probably should add that to my list, finding out !

Here is the calculator I use, if it helps
    http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyweightcalculator.aspx
  • losingles
    losingles Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My goals for 2015:

1. Read bible daily, focus on mindful and frequent prayer, and attend services more faithfully
    2. Recommit to food plan (50 down/110 to goal/may adjust again as I get closer) of logging daily, measuring foods, and eating well
    3. Recommit to fitness plan of strength training 3x a week, doing cardio 3x a week, and trying a new activity or two (Yoga? Zumba? Walking marathons?)
    4. Follow financial plan by eliminating debt and adding to savings (Baby step#1 done!)
    5. Take road trips and explore my home state...there are so many adventures right outside my door!
    6. Spend more time doing the things I love with the people I love
    7. Hike at least 8 new trails
    8. Camp at least twice (hopefully more)
    9. Finish my furniture projects
    10. Explore new careers/side hustles

I love this thread! Thank you!

• jim_just_jim
    Options
    my goals include:
    - get to healthy BMI (24.9 or less) before end of April
    - up my maximum distance of a run from 5.85 miles to 10 miles before end of July (a year after I started being able to run without taking walking breaks)
    - do at least one full bodyweight pull-up before the end of the year (I can attack this from two directions - getting stronger and getting lighter)

I dont even know my BMI :( Probably should add that to my list, finding out !

Here is the calculator I use, if it helps
    http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyweightcalculator.aspx

Thank you !
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    1. Run a 5K in under 35 min. (Currently clocking in at 40:02.2)
    2. Complete my first 10K
    3. Reach Onederland (38 pounds to go)
    4. Start swimming in the summer
    5. Wear my first bikini!
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Complete Son of a Swim
    Complete Boston Sharkfest
    Lose a pound a week in the process.

And a new habit. Get rid of perfectionism. An imperfect day cannot be an excuse to stop dieting. A planned vacation from my diet (25th wedding anniversary cruise this year!) cannot be a reason to continue vacation eating on non-vacation time.
  • jissellc
    jissellc Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    - Run a 5k
    - Lose 35lbs
    - Maintain that weight
    - Do more hiking, snowboarding, camping, and paddle boarding
    - More adventure/travel
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Change the things I think I should change about myself.
  • joris1995
    Options
    Beat my 5K pr of 18:50
    Do a triathlon
    Do the bicycle elfstedentocht (it's a dutch race 200 km of cycling)
    Continue with road biking
  • ComicaSans
    Options
    I'm looking to continue eating healthier and to work on my patience. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!