PLANET FITNESS

Options
1235»

Replies

• sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I think PF is fine for the average person trying to get healthy and lose some weight, but that also makes it incredibly busy at most times of the day, but I've never had to wait for a machine. I had a PF membership and dropped it because I really wanted a place with a pool. I always felt comfortable there because a whole range of demographics went there--old people, young people, fit people, fat people. I didn't always feel comfortable at other gyms when I was surrounded by only hard bodies.

Cost: when I originally signed up, it was a year contract at $19 a month (black card), no money down, but a pro-rated yearly fee (I think $39?). After a year, it automatically became a month-to-month for $19 and then the yearly fee charged in June and went on this way for a couple of years until I decided to cancel. I do like that you don't have to resign up for another whole year. I don't know if this is how it works now or not though.
  • KHalseth
    KHalseth Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Over the years, I've heard nothing but bad things about them. I probably would avoid them myself. But these things can vary by location so if the local people like the one in your area, that would give you a better idea of what it is like.