Ewww... What's the worst thing you've eaten..?

Options
I topped myself yesterday when I opened a newly purchased jar of natural fiber (ground chia seeds, flax etc...) and dumped a scoop in my hot tea. I don't know why, I'd just hears people say they sprinkle it on everything and you can't taste it. It was like sawdust! I scooped a big chunk back out and drank 3/4 of the rest,,, (I needed that fiber but was at the end of my calories for the day!)
Barf!

What's the worst thing you've tried?!

Replies

• running_shoe
    running_shoe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It's definitely better in yogurt or oatmeal! Try again! I'd say my big eeewwww is okra. Recipe experiment gone bad! SLIMY AND GROSS!
  • leroyizzy
    leroyizzy Posts: 55
    Options
    I tried to make the "cauliflower pizza dough"... Steamed cauliflower with egg and seasoning spread thin and baked into a pizza crust. Sounds like a great idea right?! DISCUSTING! I like cauliflower so you would assume I could choke it down, no such luck! it went to the trash. I guess it is a good diet food though because I didn't have an appetite for anything else! :tongue:
  • SpazQ
    SpazQ Posts: 104
    Options
    some smart*ss told me protein powder mixed in cottage cheese is delightful.

I threw up.
  • SpazQ
    SpazQ Posts: 104
    Options
    dbl post
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Larabar ew. Just ew.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I had some really terrible farmer's cheese from the coop down the block. Really terrible as in... I took a bite and tossed it.
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Vegan mayo.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Vegan mayo.

Oh yeah that stuff is just horrid
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I made some 'breakfast bars' ... more like dirt bars ... there was not enough strawberry jam to cover the yuck ... to the garbage!
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Quinoa :sick:
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pancakes. Love pumpkin, love pancakes so I figured it would be delicious. GROSS.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Monkey Brains. It was too Chewy!
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Balut: ate it in the phillipines, its a semi formed duck embryo boiled in the shell & eaten whole

YES, there was alcohol involved
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Quinoa :sick:

Oh yeah - this too. Definitely.
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Balut: ate it in the phillipines, its a semi formed duck embryo boiled in the shell & eaten whole

YES, there was alcohol involved

Ew...Ew ew ew....
    But :laugh: to the alcohol..LOL
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I have never had anything very outlandish (although I quite like quinoa)

For me the texture is a big thing with food.

I cannot stomach tomatoes (although I can eat an italian tomato sauce) And aubergine just has an ick texture. I hate Angel delight style deserts but I love a real mousse.
  • Morgaine_on_the_move
    Morgaine_on_the_move Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have a few...

--a really gross, pungent goat cheese sample I tried to eat at a natural foods store...had to make a beeline for the nearest trash can.
    --some kind of Hawaiian snack that one of my friends loves...it was extremely sweet and extremely salty at the same time. Had to make a beeline for the trash can again.
    -- cold, mushy cooked squash dripping with oil
    --Chicha, a fermented corn drink that I tried in a mud shack in Peru. I had to be polite so no spitting it out there!
  • smn76237
    smn76237 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    That Artic Zero "ice cream." Tasted like a bunch of chemicals. I threw mine away after 2 bites.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    My food issues are texture related mosty/. I gag at the thought of biting down on a water chestnut. As for disgusting flavours? I don't know that I've eaten something really disgusting tasting.... I'm drawing a blank. Maybe this is why I'm overweight lol I like all food hehehe
  • LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese...lol..sorry but totally gross:/