Ewww... What's the worst thing you've eaten..?

Options

Replies

• white__wizard
    white__wizard Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    raw horse
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Macaroni and cheese.

really??? was it made from uncooked noodles and fromunda cheese? or, was it boxed Kraft mac & cheese? we need details here cause this makes no sense! something is rotten in the state of Denmark!

It was homemade by mother, when I was a child. I hate that combination ( not fond of pasta anyway). Give me the cheese, NOT melted (melted cheese is nasty and yes, I hate nachos for that same reason) and give the pasta to the dogs. Boxed Kraft m and c...never allowed in the house, no way.
  • jangier
    jangier Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Green Super Food Powder mixed into water!!!! GROSS - much better to just juice spinach and drink that!!!!!
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Following a recipe online last night, the from scratch pancakes called for a TBSP of salt. I always blindly follow someone elses recipe the first time then adjust.

It was so salty that I tossed six servings of Pancakes right into the trash. Horrible. I then checked my normal recipe for pancakes and it calls for 1/4 of a teaspoon so this was 12 times as salty.

YEEEEEECKKKKKK
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    anything with pepper on it i cant stand it. Lucky me i love salami but SO bought pepper ones i took one bite and spit it out to much pepper for me
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    The 2-day fast mix from Beachbody. Tasted like fishy vanilla poop. That's what I get for trying stupid crap though.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    1 pepsi max
    2. silk iced coffee mocha- tasted like prune juice
    3. international deligt - almond joy creamer
  • MelsAuntie
    Options
    anything with pepper on it i cant stand it. Lucky me i love salami but SO bought pepper ones i took one bite and spit it out to much pepper for me

Huh...I add coarse ground black pepper (NOT salt) to nearly everything, including sliced ripe pears with CarbMaster spiced pear yogurt and crystallized ginger chips. Haven't tried pepper on ice cream but wouldn't be averse to the idea. LOVE coarse ground pepper.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Thai food. Our friend encouraged us to go out with them to a Thai place for dinner. It was just greesy noodles. I barely could choke it down. Yuck Yuck and Yuck! The only thing worse is biting into a rotten tomato. And yes, I did that too. Ewe!

You need to try it again, because Thai is much more than greasy noodles! Light sauces with lots of flavor, fresh seafood and veggies. It's my favorite thing to eat.

Myself, there really isn't anything that skeeved me out so bad that I had to spit it out. I love trying new things and experimenting. I'd probably make a good side man for Andrew Zimmern.
  • MelsAuntie
    Options
    Balut: ate it in the phillipines, its a semi formed duck embryo boiled in the shell & eaten whole

YES, there was alcohol involved

I have known people who have eaten that here (Canada) with Philipino friends, and there was no alcohol involved! I couldn't even watch them.

I'm afraid we may have a few of those. We have ducks incubating 20 eggs, and a few of those eggs were laid four days after incubation started ( second duck, rolled them into first duck's nest) so when they hatch, some may not be developed enough. Anyone out there in central Michigan want to try 'em?
  • geekette411
    geekette411 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Energy drinks. They taste like stale sweat. Bleh.
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My worst meal: ratatouille. DISGUSTING!

You haven't had a good one! Ratatouille with polenta is heavenly. (Looking forward to August when all the relevant produce is in.)
  • jsd_135
    Options
    sadly, my grandma's version of spaghetti.... my grandparent's invited me to dinner when I was in college and asked me what I wanted, and I picked spaghetti cause I hadn't had good spaghetti in a long time. I wish I would have remembered that I'd never had spaghetti at their house before so I could avoid this disaster.

she used the thick noodles and cooked them to the point where you couldn't even twist them around your fork cause they'd just break, and when they were in your mouth they pretty much dissolved into a starchy glue-like substance. the "sauce" was 1 can of tomato soup, 1 can tomato sauce, 1 can water and browned hamburger. no seasoning, no spices, no nothing! and the "garlic bread" was basically buttered toast cooked under the broiler. oh, and I asked if they had any garlic powder I could use cause I needed something, and my grandpa handed me a container of garlic salt that I think was purchased in the 1960's. but, of course, I had to eat and appear to like it since it was my grandparents' and I asked for it.

lesson learned, never ask a woman who's half German and half Irish, plus has several food allergies and aversions, to make you spaghetti.

OMG, that sounds awful. Tomato soup as a basis for spaghetti sauce!

My experience with Germans is that they're good cooks. I think the Irish messed her up. :tongue:
  • jsd_135
    Options
    Tofu Hotdogs....

Oh yeah! Nasty. And I like both tofu and (proper) hot dogs.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Bananas The smell, the taste, the texture, everything about them nauseates me.
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I once ate jellyfish... Keyword: ONCE lol.
  • PaulFields56
    PaulFields56 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Pickled Sea Cucumber.

It tastes sorta like something you found on the beach and put in the trunk of a car parked outside in the hot summer sun for a week. Sorta.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Thai food. Our friend encouraged us to go out with them to a Thai place for dinner. It was just greesy noodles. I barely could choke it down. Yuck Yuck and Yuck! The only thing worse is biting into a rotten tomato. And yes, I did that too. Ewe!

I'm not sure it's fair to say "Thai food" is the worst thing you've eaten after trying one dish. That's like saying American food is the worst thing you've ever eaten after tasting chitterlings.
  • wendyrap2
    wendyrap2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    nopales en salsa roja revueltos con huevo!!!!!! wwacala!!! de acordarme se me revuelve el estomago y lo peor tuve que comerme toda la porcion!!! :(
  • MaryLaura83
    MaryLaura83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Miracle Whip.