Ewww... What's the worst thing you've eaten..?

Options

Replies

• Bethie_J
    Bethie_J Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Marmite and vegemite. They made my mouth so sad.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Tofu Hotdogs....
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    some smart*ss told me protein powder mixed in cottage cheese is delightful.

I threw up.

I almost threw up reading that!
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I heard someone once tell me they put vanilla whey in there coffee. Tried it and it like curdled and was disgusting. Never again.

The trick is to mix the whey in water FIRST, then add that liquid mix to your coffee. Adding powder is no bueno, but I mix a prepared vanilla or chocolate shake with my morning coffee and it's fantastic.
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Those cans of prepared, flovoured tuna! GROSS! I completely gaged! will have to give the rest away.....
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Kale chips. I wanted to like them, but they tasted like cabbage scented paper. I tried kale several other ways, and still didn't like it. I like most other veggies, so I can live without kale.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I heard someone once tell me they put vanilla whey in there coffee. Tried it and it like curdled and was disgusting. Never again.

The trick is to mix the whey in just a bit of water FIRST, then add that liquid mix to your coffee. Adding powder is no bueno, but I mix a prepared vanilla or chocolate shake with my morning coffee and it's fantastic.
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    my father made a turkey meatloaf once. It was so gross that the dog growled at and ran off. We put it out for the wild racoons to eat. It was still there in the morning. He never tried that again. Tufu hotdogs were gross too. (but that was 20 yrs ago so its very possible that they are better now). I would warn people not to get those Atkin tv dinners. They are nothing but mush. Completely inedible.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Canned salmon. I thought it would be like canned tuna but with the added Omega-3. I just about threw up when I saw the fish eye looking right at me. The smell was terrible. Never again.
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I was once served a lightly cooked full egg sac of a sea bass. It was a special delicacy offered to us by the owner of a sushi restaurant in celebration of my and my husband's new marriage. It was supposed to ensure my fertility. It would have been incredibly rude to refuse, so I ate it. It tasted exactly how you imagine it tasted. Truly, truly disgusting.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Vegan mayo.

Oh yeah that stuff is just horrid

vegan cheese.
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    I like going to the grocery outlet which is a bargain store, and you never know what you will find there but they have some good buys often! So I saw these vegetarian "patties". I can't remember the name of them but they were NOT morningstar or any name I've ever heard of. It was the most disgusting thing. Gelatinous mess. Now I just make "baked falafel patties" at home when I want a vegetarian "hamburger" they are awesome!
  • 1duffwf
    1duffwf Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    some smart*ss told me protein powder mixed in cottage cheese is delightful.

I threw up.

OMG - that had to be f'ing gross!!
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Balut: ate it in the phillipines, its a semi formed duck embryo boiled in the shell & eaten whole

YES, there was alcohol involved

I have known people who have eaten that here (Canada) with Philipino friends, and there was no alcohol involved! I couldn't even watch them.
  • mistylovesmusic
    Options
    Thai food. Our friend encouraged us to go out with them to a Thai place for dinner. It was just greesy noodles. I barely could choke it down. Yuck Yuck and Yuck! The only thing worse is biting into a rotten tomato. And yes, I did that too. Ewe!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Fat-free Greek yogurt. I choked.
  • stellaelise
    stellaelise Posts: 26
    Options
    chocolate milk vodka............don't go together haha. I was drunk and in HIgh School!
  • aecarmichael
    Options
    I think the worst thing I tried was adding wheat germ to orange juice. I thought it would dissolve, but turned out gooey and gross! I also loathe the taste and texture of sour cream and cream cheese!