Would anyone like to join me for a "Just for Today" goals for the month of January

Options

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Forgot to do this for a couple of days--I've been sick. So...
    1. Get at least 15,000 steps.
    2. Do a full workout at the gym.
    3. Keep eating on-plan.

Done! Got 17,000+ steps yesterday.

Goals for January 25:
    2. Do an hour of weight-bearing workout + swim.
    3. Keep carbs around 100 G.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I want to invite a friend to this thread. Does anyone know of a way to do that?
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,383 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    I want to invite a friend to this thread. Does anyone know of a way to do that?

Just send them this link!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/motivation-and-support
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Just for today 1/26
    1. Get my afternoon walk in
    2. No snacking after 7
    3. Grocery shopping for HEALTHY snacks
    4. Stay focus with a healthy diet

Sorry, just don't think about posting here! Next Friday we are actually going to be pulling out BRIGHT and early! For everyone new, we're relocating back to Washington State! Ten years ago my husbands job brought us to Las Vegas! We've meet some wonderful friends in these ten years that will be truly missed! We both retired about 4 months ago so now it's time to move on. On the flip side, NOW FINALLY I'll be watching my grandkids grow up! Unfortunately, MY daughter probably won't be relocating back to Washington TILL mid March, ugh! These next couple of weeks are going to be crazy busy

We thought that my daughter was in labor a few days ago BUT just false labor, ugh! At this point, Natayla MIGHT be a toddler at birth, almost 9 pounds, lol.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Goals for January 25:
    2. Do an hour of weight-bearing workout + swim.
    3. Keep carbs around 100 G.

Didn't quite reach goals 1 and 2 yesterday. Got in about 11,000 steps, did a full workout, but decided not to swim. Did fine with goal 3.

Today
    1. Get 15,000 steps.
    2. Do intense Zumba workout.
    3. Do some healthy grocery shopping.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I had another slight slip-up and disappeared through the weekend. I'm really struggling to keep my calories at 1200 when I can't exercise to add more to eat. My manager took us to lunch on Friday, and I thought I made a good choice by picking a chicken sandwich; it ended up being 800+ calories. That just threw me because at that point, I already went over my 1200. So instead of just dealing, I pouted like a child and refused to do anything through the weekend. Here it is Monday morning and I'm ready to start again. This time, I want to focus more on my inner self than my outer. So my Just for Today's will be more about fixing the way I think. I KNOW how to do all the right stuff to lose weight. I need to get my mind in gear:

Just for Today 1/26
    1. When I see myself in a mirror, I will smile and say hi, instead of nitpick all the things I see wrong.
    2. I will remind myself that "this IS a great day" throughout the day.

• sriniv52
    Options
    My first day in this community and my first step towards losing weight. I love this thread and feel this is a great idea.
    Just for today 1/26
    Drink 8 glasses of water
    Will log all the food I eat
    Avoid opening my pantry for snacking
  • ruby70
    Options
    Just for today 1/26
    1.) I will get in my 10,000+ steps
    2.) Pat myself on the back. I made it through the weekend with tracking all my food and stayed within calories. I went over about 30 calories on Saturday but not bad considering how I usually blow the whole thing out of the water on weekends.

Today is a new day, embrace it as this day will only come once. There is way more positive in all of us than there is negative we just have to learn how to tap into the positive.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »
    I had another slight slip-up and disappeared through the weekend.
    Just for Today 1/26
    1. When I see myself in a mirror, I will smile and say hi, instead of nitpick all the things I see wrong.

Your weekend sounded like my day on Sunday. Saturday I walked, and had a great day. Sunday, I let myself get too hungry while in Walmart - bought a pack of Fiber One 90 calorie bars. Big mistake! Ate the entire box, only to go home and spend the rest of the day grazing on everything in site. Needless to say, today I am upset (not to say a awful feeling in my stomach from stuffing myself!). So I am going to borrow your quotes today also!!

We can do this. I guess we have to tell ourselves that once in a while, it is OK to slip, but the most important thing is to get right back on track. Here is is, 2:30 pm, and I almost gave up for today again. I am doing OK, but somedays this seems more like such a pain. But then I remembered - Oh -- I started this thread. I better post something. And I KNOW how much better I feel when I drink my water, eat healthy, and exercise.

SO THANK YOU all that posted, and I know that I am not alone in the struggle to change those lifelong habits!!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Yesterday I did not even post. And totally messed up - eating everything in site.
    But thanks to all you guys, I know today is a NEW day, and once again another fresh start.

Just for Today 1/26

Borrowed these from losingrae. Good things to remind ourselves today!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    sriniv52 wrote: »
    My first day in this community and my first step towards losing weight. I love this thread and feel this is a great idea.
    Just for today 1/26
    Drink 8 glasses of water
    Will log all the food I eat
    Avoid opening my pantry for snacking

So very happy to have you join us!! All of you guys keep me from getting out of focus. I like your quote about avoiding opening the pantry!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    What a wonderful group of posters we have here!!! You guys really are the best!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    ruby70 wrote: »
    Just for today 1/26

Today is a new day, embrace it as this day will only come once. There is way more positive in all of us than there is negative we just have to learn how to tap into the positive.

What a great quote! Thank you for sharing this!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Just for today 1/26
    Next Friday we are actually going to be pulling out BRIGHT and early!

Jackie -- SO SO excited for you!!!!!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Just taking time to come read everyones posts! You guys all are amazing, we struggle EVERY day with making the right choices, concerning our diet! Some days we slip up BUT bounce back! We ALL should feel proud of HOW far we've came! Plus AGAIN THANK YOU, Joan, for creating this thread!!!!!

jflpmpoh96bz.jpg
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I am so glad a just took a few minutes to catch up here. I was feeling pretty defeated because I could not find the time to check in yesterday. :'( So naturally, I was thinking about quitting. :'( All because I am not perfect. Just knowing that we all have the same struggles helps. Thank you everyone. <3<3
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    January 25 Just for today I will
    1. log everything I eat
    2. Take a walk. or two
    3. Drink more....keep that water on my desk to remind myself
    4. Keep working on staying calm. I know it is better for me and everyone around me

I think I met these goals or at least came close on Sunday. My only goal yesterday was to survive the craziness, and I did at least manage that. :)

• taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Now, I will just pick myself up and start over today. Just for today January 27 I will

1. Take a walk. I will need to get going soon to accomplish this.
    2. Drink more....this did not happen enough yesterday
    3. Find the positive today no matter what.

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday!
  • unicorrny
    unicorrny Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is a beautiful group of people! I've just started (day 21) and have felt so alone and overwhelmed. .. Until I read these posts. Thank you all!
    Just for today i will drink more water and stay awayfrom salt and walk as much as possible
  • ruby70
    Options
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    I am so glad a just took a few minutes to catch up here. I was feeling pretty defeated because I could not find the time to check in yesterday. :'( So naturally, I was thinking about quitting. :'( All because I am not perfect. Just knowing that we all have the same struggles helps.

Thank you for posting taxmom. It does really help to know that others have the same struggles. We all want it to happen right away and it is hard to hang in there when we do not see what we want soon enough. Today I want everyone to remember our health. Lets not let the scale alone determine why we are on this journey. We want to live longer, feel better and be able to accomplish new things, and if I make it to 90 I want to be able to be mobile and independent. I have been working really hard this week and when I weighed this morning I only had a 1 lb lose, at first I felt kind of deflated and then I decided it is only one form of measurement and it is still one pound gone. Remember we are not going for perfection only progress :) (*) :)

Just for today
    1.) Believe in myself, I am worth the challenge
    2.) walk on treadmill at lunch

• mytime6630
    Options
    Yesterday, 1/26
    1. When I see myself in a mirror, I will smile and say hi, instead of nitpick all the things I see wrong. :) Had to work at this, but thanks to all these wonderful friends on MFP - kept going!
    2. I will remind myself that "this IS a great day" throughout the day. :)

Got out for a long walk last nite, and got on my ellipitical. So turned the day into a much better day. Its funny how much better I feel when I take good care of my body. Why then on Sunday did I just want to lay around, graze all day, little exercise, and felt loosy! Have to remember this.

SO, just for today, 1/28
    1. Get out for another long walk tonite
    2. Stay positive. Like Ruby said, it is NOT just about the scale, it is about feeling like I did yesterday, and not feeling sluggish like I did when I overate on Sunday
    3. Drink water

I hope everyone has a great day

And Jackie -- thank you so much for posting that picture! I need to remind myself of this often!