Would anyone like to join me for a "Just for Today" goals for the month of January

Options

Replies

• taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Just enough time for a quick post
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    Now, January 29. Just for today I will

1. log everything I eat. I have time today to do this. :\ almost. I know what I ate and I am under goal, it just didn't all get recorded
    2. DRINK!!! :D Much better and I feel better too
    3. Take a walk. I have most of the day off, so I'm hoping to bundle up, dodge the raindrops and get a long walk. :\ The rain and cold didn't get me but the wind did.
    4. Only stay at work while I am needed. I am not the only person working. :) Not perfect, but I did get out after only a few questions.

January 30 Just for today I will
    1. Eat what I brought for lunch and dinner. Only add something if I really think about it. (I will need to add a nutritious sandwich at some point to have enough food and nutrients)
    2. Drink! Keep water on my desk and drink it.
    3. Take a walk. Short or long, walking does help.
    4. If things start to get overwhelming, concentrate for a few moments on something I am grateful for.

Gotta run. Have a Great Friday Everyone!
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »
    Just for Today 1/29
    Continuing on my journey toward a positive attitude:

1. Write down 3 things I like about myself, and 3 things I am grateful for :):)
    2. Continue to use the mantra "Today IS a great day":)
    3. Perform one "random act of kindness" (this will be my greatest challenge as the shyness likes to overtake the desire to do something nice.) :( This was possibly too hard for me to take on. One reason, I go from home, to work, to home. Not running into many people on the short walk from parking lot to office.

HAPPY FRIDAY!! This has been a long week

Just for Today 1/30
    1. Continue to use the mantra "Today IS a great day"
    2. Write down 3 different things I like about myself and 3 different things I am grateful for.
    3. Be happy that I am still checking in and still thinking about eating healthy, even if I'm failing each day. :neutral_face:

• lgrix
    lgrix Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Just for today 1/30
    1. I will clean a room in my house for exercise
    2. I will make a healthy dinner and not go back for seconds
    3. I will not have a cocktail
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, 1/30
    1. Minimum 20 min on ellipitical :) Done
    2. Drink water :\
    3. Log everything I eat :\
    4. Keep busy in the evenings :'(

Yesterday was a hard day. I was overly tired, as was hubby. So we just layed around in the evening watching TV, and I wanted to munch on anything. I would have been so much better getting out for my walk. Thankfully, I did do the 20 minutes on the ellipitical in the morning. But the rest of the day --- well -- the day is over. Today is a new day.

Just for today
    1. Get out for a walk, no matter how tired
    2. Drink more water
    3. Keep a positive attitude. Look at the big picture of how I want to feel next summer
    4. Get on here and log every bite I eat.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,391 Member
    Options
    1/30
    1.Morning run :):)
    2.Finish up on cleaning :(:(
    3.Get hubby to go on a walk with me! :(:(
    4. Realize that sometimes BEFORE YOU talk YOURSELF out of execising, DO it! It WILL make you feel fablous! Soon it WILL become a habit! :):)

1/31
    1. Morning run
    2. Just eat what I've logged
    3. Afternoon walk!
    4. No, no, snackin after 7

Today was tough since it's getting harder to plan my meals! Tomorrow, friends have planned a going away get together! It includes about 30 people that's arranged a banquet! I kind of have an ideal what's our menu will be!

I've managed to STILL focus on my workouts though which is helping!
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    @GrandmaJackie - You truly are an inspiration with all you have going on, the big move, the new grand baby, you still find time to exercise and take care of you! I need some of that.
    - Actually, I really need to change my outlook about exercise and eating healthy. I keep looking at it as a chore. Something I have to do like laundry and going to work. I need to learn to look at it as something I get to do because I am capable and knowledgeable.
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    3hh9wfgs5qnu.jpg

Just I thought I wold drop in before heading out! Happy Saturday everyone!!!!!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options

just for today 1/31/15
    1.) try to get my head back in the game.

yesterday feel apart on me horribly. I tracked all my food but I blew it out of the water. The positive is I still tracked it even though it got to the point of why? Typically at that point I stop because I do not want to know how bad it ends up. I guess it is a step on not trying to ignore the bad day.
    ruby70 wrote: »
    1/30/15
    just for today
    1.) walk on treadmill at lunch :'(:'(
    2.) track all food today :) did it but failed my goal horribly
    3.) enjoy a glass on wine tonight without feeling guilty :|
    4.) be thankful to be part of this Friday and show kindness to others even when they are not giving off the most kindness themselves :):)

• stef_cashion
    Options
    Just for today I will ride the bike for 20 minutes at least even though I'm tired and il make a super shake :)
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I didn't find time to post yesterday, so I just repeated my goals for Saturday too.
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    January 30 Just for today I will
    1. Eat what I brought for lunch and dinner. Only add something if I really think about it. (I will need to add a nutritious sandwich at some point to have enough food and nutrients) :) well I did add a cupcake and the sandwich did not happen until late, but not too bad overall
    2. Drink! Keep water on my desk and drink it. :) I'm getting better, but not good enough yet
    3. Take a walk. Short or long, walking does help. :) Yes, I enjoyed my walks
    4. If things start to get overwhelming, concentrate for a few moments on something I am grateful for. :D I am so glad I borrowed this one. It helps with perspective.

Work is at full scale craziness, so I am hoping I get here to post most days, but I will not judge myself harshly if I need to choose sleep or some other task instead.

Wow, tomorrow is February 1.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Just for today
    1. Get out for a walk, no matter how tired
    2. Drink more water
    3. Keep a positive attitude. Look at the big picture of how I want to feel next summer
    4. Get on here and log every bite I eat.

I STARTED A NEW THREAD FOR FEBRUARY, SO I HOPE YOU GUYS WILL COME TO THAT THREAD AS WELL.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Here is the link to the new thread. I have been really struggling the past few days, so hoping this keeps me at least coming back, and trying again each day. I hope you guys will join me again.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10073005/just-for-today-month-of-february-would-you-like-to-join-me-as-we-take-this-one-day-at-a-time#latest
  • mytime6630
    Options

just for today 1/31/15
    1.) try to get my head back in the game.

yesterday feel apart on me horribly. I tracked all my food but I blew it out of the water. The positive is I still tracked it even though it got to the point of why? Typically at that point I stop because I do not want to know how bad it ends up. I guess it is a step on not trying to ignore the bad day.
    1/30/15
    just for today
    1.) walk on treadmill at lunch :'(:'(
    2.) track all food today :) did it but failed my goal horribly
    3.) enjoy a glass on wine tonight without feeling guilty :|
    4.) be thankful to be part of this Friday and show kindness to others even when they are not giving off the most kindness themselves :):)

Ruby, at least you tracked. I also have been struggling so bad. I get so upset with myself, walk 5+ miles, only to eat in the evenings. I think this is part of changing our habits, and somedays those old habits just come back. You are doing great, and just getting on here is a step in the right direction!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    3hh9wfgs5qnu.jpg

Just I thought I wold drop in before heading out! Happy Saturday everyone!!!!!

THANK YOU Jackie!!! You are such an inspiration to all of us!!!!!
  • lorddoit4me
    lorddoit4me Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Feb 1
    just for today I will
    *not mindlessly eat
    * workout asap
    * forgive myself if I dont suceed
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    1. At least 10,000 steps
    2. Take at least one active step to start resolving the dance-sneaker-bad-floor-baby-powder issue (long story)
    3. Run
  • torontonancy
    torontonancy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just for today...

I will allow myself time to read
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    1. At least 10,000 steps :smile:
    2. Take at least one active step to start resolving the dance-sneaker-bad-floor-baby-powder issue (long story) :smile:
    3. Run
    :( Legs hurt, feet covered in blisters...decided to swim instead

Monday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. Take rest day? Don't even want to admit that I am considering this, but I am TIRED right now.
    3. Order new dance sneakers
  • jabrams1955
    jabrams1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just for today: I will drink more water; try out this new class at the gym, Pump Rx @ 6:40 Pm; nothing to eat and no snacks the rest of the evening. Enjoy the day to all!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Just for today 1/10
    1. Get my morning run in
    2. Healthy food choices
    3. Water water water
    4. Make time for myself

I WILL come back tonight to catch up! We had an etremely long drive on our drive back to Washington State! I've been gone way to long from this group! Happy Tuesday everyone!