Would anyone like to join me for a "Just for Today" goals for the month of January

Options

Replies

• losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 1/26
    1. When I see myself in a mirror, I will smile and say hi, instead of nitpick all the things I see wrong. :)
    2. I will remind myself that "this IS a great day" throughout the day. :)

Just for Today 1/27
    1. I will believe that I am worthy.
    2. I will remind myself that "this IS a great day"

Keep on trucking on....
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Today
    1. Get 15,000 steps.
    2. Do intense Zumba workout.
    3. Do some healthy grocery shopping.

Got my steps yesterday (just barely!), went to my Zumba class and got the shopping done! I also made up a bunch of homemade knock-offs of my favorite Costco salads...wish I had a Costco membership, but it's not worth it just for the veggies.

I'm not sure what my goals should be today. I really want to swim, but I am very behind in my steps (was sick for 3 days last week) so I suppose I should do a workout that earns me steps.
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Since I'm snowed in today, I think it's important I pay special attention to these 2 very simple points:

1) Do some walking (done, 4000 steps first thing before snow got too deep)
    2) Strictly adhere to what I've pre-logged for food today.

That's all.
  • TaraHancock827
    TaraHancock827 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    just for today I would like to stay under my calorie goal...ugghhh
  • Angel4217
    Angel4217 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll join in!
    1. Today I'll begin my journey to getting healthier!
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I need to get an early start tomorrow, so I'm going to post this tonight.
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    Just for today January 27 I will

1. Take a walk. I will need to get going soon to accomplish this. Yes, got this in :D
    2. Drink more....this did not happen enough yesterday well, not so much :\
    3. Find the positive today no matter what. :) Not too bad, just had to remind myself a couple of times

Looking to tomorrow, Just for today January 28 I will

1. Take a walk. Even if it's only around the building at work
    2. Drink drink drink...I need to do this to keep feeling OK
    3. Keep focusing on the positive amidst the work crazies. It Can Be Done.

Have a wonderful Wednesday
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,391 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Just for today 1/26
    1. Get my afternoon walk in :):)
    2. No snacking after 7 :):)
    3. Grocery shopping for HEALTHY snacks :):)
    4. Stay focus with a healthy diet :):)

Sorry, just don't think about posting here! Next Friday we are actually going to be pulling out BRIGHT and early! For everyone new, we're relocating back to Washington State! Ten years ago my husbands job brought us to Las Vegas! We've meet some wonderful friends in these ten years that will be truly missed! We both retired about 4 months ago so now it's time to move on. On the flip side, NOW FINALLY I'll be watching my grandkids grow up! Unfortunately, MY daughter probably won't be relocating back to Washington TILL mid March, ugh! These next couple of weeks are going to be crazy busy

We thought that my daughter was in labor a few days ago BUT just false labor, ugh! At this point, Natayla MIGHT be a toddler at birth, almost 9 pounds, lol.

AGAIN, I thought I posted this morning but didn't :'(:'( Today, we've actully decided to move up our leaving day to next Thursday, yay! I think the HARDEST thing for me is talking to my daughter INSTEAD of being there myself with her!!! Thank goodness for text messages, :):) the pictures really help!

Just for today 1/28
    1. Remember it's ALMOST here!
    2. Remember to take time for myself, exspecically at night!
    3. The scale don't ways reflect of how your doing!
    4. No eating after 7!

@Rae, YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!!

@Joan, your body does know the difference when you take care of it! Some days are extremely hard to remember, WHAT WE SHOULD do let alone do it! WE can do this!

@Ruby thank you for posting this:
    "Today I want everyone to remember our health. Lets not let the scale alone determine why we are on this journey. We want to live longer, feel better and be able to accomplish new things, and if I make it to 90 I want to be able to be mobile and independent. I have been working really hard this week and when I weighed this morning I only had a 1 lb lose, at first I felt kind of deflated and then I decided it is only one form of measurement and it is still one pound gone. Remember we are not going for perfection only progress :) (*) :)
  • lieajane
    lieajane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Today I'm going to take extra care with the refined sugar and make sure I drink lots of water.
    Today is a no cardio day so I will remember that I have fewer calories to play with.
    I'll do bodyweight exercises at my guide hall after the kids have gone home and I will look forward to my piece of cod from the chip shop. (I promise that I will do my best to throw at least half the batter away.)
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I've really fallen off the wagon recently & need to get my act back together.

My Just For Today is to keep away from snacks.....definitely something that I can currently only manage one day at a time :)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, 1/28
    1. Get out for another long walk tonite :) And got on the ellipitical for 20 minutes.
    2. Stay positive. Like Ruby said, it is NOT just about the scale, it is about feeling like I did yesterday, and not feeling sluggish like I did when I overate on Sunday :) Hubby and I went to a "hamburger" restaurant, but I got a grilled chicken sandwich instead. We split FF, but I put a few on my plate just to taste them, and left the rest alone. Trying to build up the resistance muscle
    3. Drink water :\ Fell short on water again

Just for today, 1/29
    1. Walk tonite, and minumum of 20 minutes on the ellipitical
    2. Drink WATER!
    3. Keep busy in the evenings so I do not eat.

• ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Good job Joan, Grandma Jackie, Taxmom, Azulviolet, Losingrae, and to all the new people to the board:)

Remember there is no food we cannot eat, we have a choosing to eat the good foods for us. By choosing the good foods we will feel empowered.

Just of today 1/28/15
    1.) Walk after work today on the treadmill for 40 minutes plus
    2.) Try to find my energy today, it has been lacking lately
  • losingrae
    Options
    Today, I gave myself a guilt free day as we had a "cube-gate" party to celebrate the Hawks. I refuse to stress about the chips, cookies and Skittles that I consumed this day. One bad day is not what put on the 30 lbs. I do have to say that I am proud of myself because the morning started out with many bumps and could have turned me into quite the grump, but I kept repeating "This is a great day" in my head and started out the day at work in a good mood.

Tomorrow, back to the grind stone...
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Just for today 1/28
    1. Remember it's ALMOST here! :):)
    2. Remember to take time for myself, exspecically at night! :):) Once I start crocheting it's so relaxing for me!!!!
    3. The scale don't ways reflect of how your doing! :):)
    4. No eating after 7! :):)

Just for today 1/29
    1. Morning run
    2. Keep busy throughout the day
    3. Try to get an idea of my snacks while traveling AND log them for next week!
    4. Remember to focus whatever news I get about my daughter!

I'm getting more restless as the day approaches, lol. Plus my daughters due date was today so since unless I get a call tonight she has a appointment tomorrow! Btw, Rae, hubby and I are deciding what snacks to have for Sunday, ugh! Go SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!

@Rae, your right about one day's you won't gain 30 pounds! I love your attitude:

" Today, I gave myself a guilt free day as we had a "cube-gate" party to celebrate the Hawks. I refuse to stress about the chips, cookies and Skittles that I consumed this day. One bad day is not what put on the 30 lbs. I do have to say that I am proud of myself because the morning started out with many bumps and could have turned me into quite the grump, but I kept repeating "This is a great day" in my head and started out the day at work in a good mood."

• taxmom9093
    Options
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    Just for today January 28 I will

1. Take a walk. Even if it's only around the building at work :) Across the parking lot to check if our signs were still there, but it was a walk outside. :)
    2. Drink drink drink...I need to do this to keep feeling OK :'( I must get this figured out. I felt pretty icky when I got home until I had many drinks to catch up.
    3. Keep focusing on the positive amidst the work crazies. It Can Be Done. :) Not bad I have to say.

I heard some really sad news from some of my clients yesterday that could have sent me into a downward spiral. :'(:'( It does hurt still, but making myself sick over it does not help me support them.

Now, January 29. Just for today I will

1. log everything I eat. I have time today to do this.
    2. DRINK!!!
    3. Take a walk. I have most of the day off, so I'm hoping to bundle up, dodge the raindrops and get a long walk.
    4. Only stay at work while I am needed. I am not the only person working.

Have a Great Thursday Everyone!
  • taxmom9093
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Grandma Jackie, everything you are looking forward to right now sounds soooooo exciting! I hope everything goes well for your daughter and the new (or soon to be new) little one. Good Luck with the move. You are wise to plan your travel snacks, I always mean to but often forget and make less than terrific choices.

Rae, Thank You for reminding us that sometimes we need to give ourselves permission to celebrate and enjoy the treats. I never again will allow myself to be on a eating plan that never ever lets me eat certain foods. That is a sure path to failure. Have a fun guilt free day and move on with your normal, better choices afterwards.

Ruby thank you for your kind words. Sometimes a little encouragement is all I need to keep myself on track.
  • losingrae
    Options
    I have to say, I am still paying for my "guilt free day" this morning. My body is not used to the amount of crap I consumed and it is letting me know. Today I will drink tons of water and herbal tea.

Just for Today 1/29
    Continuing on my journey toward a positive attitude:

1. Write down 3 things I like about myself, and 3 things I am grateful for
    2. Continue to use the mantra "Today IS a great day"
    3. Perform one "random act of kindness" (this will be my greatest challenge as the shyness likes to overtake the desire to do something nice.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, 1/29
    1. Walk tonite, and minumum of 20 minutes on the ellipitical :) 4 mile walk
    2. Drink WATER!
    3. Keep busy in the evenings so I do not eat. :) Busy sewing, so not even popcorn

Just for today, 1/30
    1. Minimum 20 min on ellipitical :) Done
    2. Drink water
    3. Log everything I eat
    4. Keep busy in the evenings

Rae - you are doing great. Just keeping going sometimes is the hardest thing to do, and you are doing just that.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    1. Exercise without completely overdoing things. VERY sore legs today--hope it is from too much exercise and not the beginning of a fibro flare.
    2. Get house clean and organized...extra steps!
    3. Drink at least 10 C of liquid.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    1/29
    1. Morning run :):)
    2. Keep busy throughout the day :):) (Hubby was driving me crazy since he's getting antsy)
    3. Try to get an idea of my snacks while traveling AND log them for next week! :):) yes yes
    4. Remember to focus whatever news I get about my daughter! Yes yes yes

1/30
    1.Morning run
    2.Finish up on cleaning
    3.Get hubby to go on a walk with me!
    4. Realize that sometimes BEFORE YOU talk YOURSELF out of execising, DO it! It WILL make you feel fablous! Soon it WILL become a habit!
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @Rae - I love you goals yesterday.......
    these are great goals. Great positive energy. Why is it so hard for us to see the good things about ourselves? I think especially we are women have a hard time with this. Let's change this for our next generation coming up. We are all beautiful:)

Grandma Jackie - I am so excited for you and your new baby arriving soon to your family. That is soooo awesome. Will this be your 1st Grandbaby?

1/30/15
    just for today
    1.) walk on treadmill at lunch
    2.) track all food today
    3.) enjoy a glass on wine tonight without feeling guilty
    4.) be thankful to be part of this Friday and show kindness to others even when they are not giving off the most kindness themselves :)