Eating at Taco Bell, what would you order ?

Options
Compare what the old you would order, and what the now / new you would order

Make sure to include the macros and calories !

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    No dif.

So:
    Carb: *
    Protein: *
    Fat: *

That's why I don't go there.
  • cricket_77
    cricket_77 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Before:

Beef Chalupa with no sour cream - 370 cals
    Crunchy Beef Taco - 170 cals (maybe 2)
    Total: 540
    or

Mexican Pizza - 540 cals
    Crunch Beef Taco - 170 cals
    Total: 710 cals!!!

Now:

2 soft chicken tacos - Total 340

I use to go to Taco Bueno because I liked their bean burritos. I would order a bean and cheese burito and a beef taco and thought that I was doing good. One day I looked up the calorie count and the freaking burrito is 604 calories!!!!! For ONE DANG BURRITO!!
  • Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    No we won't tell you it's ok to eat Taco Bell.
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I have never ever eaten there. And I don't feel the need to ever eat there.

Thankfully I was raised somewhere where the closest fast food restaurant was 25 minutes away. And we didn't go there as a "reward". So I've never been much of a fast food person.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I have only eating here drunk -

cheesey gordita crunch
    chips & cheese
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I've always ordered the bean burrito fresco style, a little over 300 calories and really filling.
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    old me: Nachos bell grande with extra everything and 3 tacos

last night: 2 chicken burritos-no cheese or avacado ranch sauce (just chicken and rice and tortilla). and two beef hard shell tacos-no cheese
  • mscolleen2003
    mscolleen2003 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I would order what ever the heck I wanted, because that would be a play day for me.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    If I am going out somewhere to eat, it would be a special occasion, so I would get whatever I wanted as long as it fit in my calorie limits. I haven't been to Taco Bell in about 4 years, but I really like the Cheesy Gordita Crunches if they still have them, or a Crunch wrap Supreme or 7-Layer Burrito.

Regular bean and cheese burrito is pretty good too.
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to report that the new me about hurled at reading "Taco Bell" . . . . NSV, no?
  • RachelHoffman0709
    RachelHoffman0709 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Cantina Bell Burrito Bowl w/chicken. Comes w/side of chips.

Calories: 560
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Used to order:

Nachos bellgrande
    Bean Burrito+ sour cream
    Double Decker supreme

Yea, I know.

Now- I get a bean burrito, add my own light sour, and insert a crunchy taco in the middle of it to make my own awesome double decker type creation. It's about 750 cals compared to about 1700!
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Volcano burrito and 2 soft tacos no lettuce. the only thing different is I don't get a soda. I also only eat this if I'm really, really, really craving it and I have the calories to cover it.
  • azberries
    azberries Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Almost 30 yrs ago: taco salad, including the entire shell

15 yrs ago: that double-shelled taco

Past 15 yrs: nothing, since my friend told me Taco Bell uses the highest level of saturated fat in their cooking process, than any other fast food place

BTW: we only do fast food on road trips when there are no other options
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Previous: Steak Quesadilla combo (with crunchy taco and large Pepsi) and a Nachos Bell Grande or Crunchwrap. (1620-1840 cals, 59-77 fat, 229-240 carbs, 51-53 protein). So yeah, pretty much an entire day's worth of cals/macros in one meal.

Now: Sometimes the quesadilla still, but then only the quesadilla (530 cal, 28 fat, 41 carb, 27 protein). Usually the steak Cantina bowl (580 cals, 23 fat, 66 carbs, 27 protein). Occasionally I'll get a churro for dessert if I've got cals/macros left (190 cals, 8 fat, 28 carb. 2 protein). If I just want a snack, I usually grab a Fresco chicken soft taco (150 cals, 3.5 fat, 18 carbs, 11 protein).

I've managed to just about kick my Taco Bell addiction. I used to go 3-4 times per week, now I'm down to less than once per month.

ETA: Carbs are my biggest challenge at Taco Bell. I can only eat there if I'm eating low carb for all my other meals.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Old: Nacho BellGrande, two Beef Chalupas, one Cheesy Gordita Crunch. 1990 calories.

New: Two Fresco Chicken Soft Tacos, one Cheesy Fiesta Potato. 570 calories.

1420 calorie savings.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Once or twice as a teen: bean and cheese burrito. Gross. Can't stomach beans, cheese, or tortillas anymore. So...

Water. Maybe a diet coke if I'm feeling reckless. I'd try the meat and hope for the best if it was a life or death situation.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Old: Mexican Pizza, Grilled Steak Burrito Fresco Style

New: Mexican Pizza, Grilled Steak Burrito Fresco Style, & Locos Dorito Taco
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Used to order: 2 5 layer Burritos and 2 Chicken Burritos

Now: I try not go because if I do I know I'll be eating poorly for the day

However someone mentioned the chicken taco's and overall they're not that bad (for fast food).

Anything Fresco is at least a better alternative but in the end T-Bell just isn't healthy food.
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    their new burrito bowls don't seem to bad. you could also get the taco salad w/o the shell. otherwise, pretty tough...