Eating at Taco Bell, what would you order ?

Options

Replies

• mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Eh... just read the post. Too much work.

Old me would order crappy salty chalupas and burritos.
    New me.3 fresco chicken soft tacos. Diet Dew.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing now that i used to - just not as often and I plan room in my calories for it: xxl grilled stuffed chicken burrito, no guac or sour cream. it is like 800 calories but oh so yummy.
  • Emisole
    Emisole Posts: 65
    Options
    Chicken soft tacos aren't too bad.
  • learninmama
    learninmama Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I used to eat there all the time....

I don't for multiple reasons-
    1.) My hubby's new allergies...prevents us from eating out 99% of places...who would have thought that would be something helpful ha ha :)

2.) I like to know exactly what is going into my food now

3.) I can make something with less calories that tastes better at home
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Back when I would actually eat there - anything on the menu.

Now.... I'd order water. I guess it helps that I haven't seen a Taco Bell in nearly 4 years.
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I guess I would'nt even go because after I finish deconstructing the food to have it better for me it just wont be as good. I mean without sour cream and xtra cheese and chips.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    ack... there's a reason the food is so cheap there...
  • dpollet2
    dpollet2 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to mention that Taco Bell does NOT put lard in their refried beans. They may not be healthy, but they are vegan!

I get the same thing everytime I go...seven layer burrito add red sauce.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    As a kid - 6 hard shell tacos and a huge soda

College years - Either 3 hard shell tacos and a crunchwrap, or a 5-layer burrito and 3 tacos

Now - One crunchwrap or a couple tacos
  • lollyjenny98712
    Options
    used to: 7 layer burrito with a crunchwrap supreme
    now: i havent eaten at taco bell since i started dieting but when i do it will be a fresco chicken soft taco and a side of black beans
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Glass of water then leave!
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I used to order the XXL Nachos and probably 3 dorito taco supremes. I now would order 2 taco frescos and depending how many calories I worked off, possibly a chicken gordita fresco. And for those that don't know, the fresco just means no cheese and no sour cream. I always look at the nutritional value of everything first now then decide from there.
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    First I pass Taco Bell & head to McDonald's if I was going to have a cheat day lol ...butt ill pass on crap food
  • sgrubby
    sgrubby Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    There is a Taco Bell right outside the gym I go to. The old me didn't eat there and the new me doesn't either. I never liked fast food of any kind. Fast food didn't make me fat. Eating huge amounts of high calorie, home cooked food, along with lots of chocolate ice cream and no exercise. That's what made me fat. EAT LESS, MOVE MORE.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I used to love Taco Bell, but I would much rather just make my own authentic Mexican food at home (hubby is Mexican). Nothing against it, though. The real stuff is just sooo much better!
  • cathyfowler662
    cathyfowler662 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Before: 2-3 Crunchy Beef Tacos 170 cals each

Now: 2-3 Crunchy Beef Tacos 170 cals each.

I haven't changed what I eat out. Just how much I will eat. It depends on how hungry I am.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I go through phases of craving Taco Bell, haven't had one in a while...until now. Thank GOD hubby won't be home tonight to run to the border for me, and I refuse to wake three sleeping kids to hit the drive thru!

Honestly, I prefer Moe's...but eating there is worse than Taco Bell. I used to eat the Homewrecker burrito (1085 cal) or nachos (1656 cal) and that's not including the drink...I avoid Moe's now.

If at Taco Bell, I would get 2 steak soft tacos, bean burrito (hold the onions), nachos and pepsi. (1460 cal)

Now: 1 steak soft taco, 1 bean burrito fresco, water with lemon (610).
  • mrshoneydew
    mrshoneydew Posts: 253
    Options
    I used to eat there often. But ever since I started to get serious about losing weight last year, I've only been there twice and that was because I was out with family and they stopped there.

Old order:
    2 Cheesy bean and rice burritos (490 calories)
    1 cheese quesadilla (480 calories)
    Total= 1460 calories!!! :noway:

New order:
    Cantina Bowl- Veggie (540 calories)
    Total= 540 calories
  • poe510
    poe510 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    so why did you post?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Two crunchy tacos. And sometimes an order of nachos. No different.