Eating at Taco Bell, what would you order ?

Options

Replies

• Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    No we won't tell you it's ok to eat Taco Bell.

I was thinking the same thing.
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Dorito's locos nacho cheese taco supreme:

Calories: 200
    Saturated Fat: 4.5g
    Total Fat(g): 11
    Trans fat: 0
    Cholesterol: 35mg
    Sodium: 370g
    Carbs: 15g
    Fiber: 3g
    Sugars: 2g
    Protein: 9g

I have absolutely no issue fitting one sometimes two into my daily values.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

I use to go to Taco Bueno because I liked their bean burritos. I would order a bean and cheese burito and a beef taco and thought that I was doing good. One day I looked up the calorie count and the freaking burrito is 604 calories!!!!! For ONE DANG BURRITO!!

That's because Taco Bueno puts lard in their beans to make them so damn yummy!
    mmmmm, Bueno......
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    If you "budget" for it, whatever you want...

If I end up there with others (I don't like being "that guy" who refuses to go where others want to) and am just trying to do a reasonable meal, I usually get a crunchy fresco taco and either a fresco bean burrito or chicken soft taco depending on level of hunger (bean burrito seems more filling). The one near my office has diet Mtn Dew at the self serve soda machine, so I usually leave there with a major caffeine buzz...

Oh yeah - old bigger me would order a combo with a chalupa and a couple of tacos or whatever. All their combos are about the same - one oversized high calorie item and 2 normal sized items.
  • Kilokata
    Kilokata Posts: 111
    Options
    I haven't been to Taco Bell in 8 years. Never going back.

This is coming from a guy who used to eat there for two meals a day in college. I probably spent more money at Taco Bell than I did on tuition. Now? I can't even hear "Taco Bell" without getting queasy. It's weird how things just change like that.
  • SloRunner25
    SloRunner25 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Old me: 2 beef chalupas, mexican pizza, and 2 soft tacos. Plus a giant soda.

New me: Can't eat there anymore due to great stomach upset and migraine headaches when I eat fast food in general.
    I miss it sometimes but I make my own tacos at home now (and they taste much better). :drinker:
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Now I want taco Bell, but I will stick with my lunch I packed

Old Me: Bean Burrito no onions, soft taco
    New Me: same
  • jillwhite12
    jillwhite12 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    If I go to Taco Bell (or any other fast food place), I plan it and lower my calories during that week so then I can order what I would normally order without feeling guilty. I usually have the chilli cheese burrito with fries supreme. Anytime I do that, I still stay under my weekly calorie goal and it hasn't slowed my weight loss.

However, I only do this on occasion... I wouldn't do it too often...
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Very rarely do I eat Taco Bell but if I ate there today I would get diet Dr. Pepper, 2 crunchy taco supremes and a side of nachos, total 670 cals, 60carbs, 39fat, 21 protein, 985sodium, 6sugar. A little more than I normally eat for dinner but not by much.
    Old me would've gotten a Nacho Bel Grande, Grilled Stuff'd Burrito with added sour cream and a rasberry tea, total 1650cal, 205carbs, 71fat, 46protein, 910sodium and 53sugar.
    YIKES!!
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Love Taco Bell. Eat there at least twice a week same thing. 2 Crunchy Tacos Fresco with a side of Lava sauce and water. 400 cals and less than 3 bucks!

Old me: Probably 2 Chalupas 680 cals.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Old me: The chalupa supreme meal with 2 tacos (all beef) and a dr. pepper.
    Beef Chalupa- 370 calories
    Crunchy taco - 170 calories each
    30oz Dr. Pepper - 380 calories

Total: 1090 calories

New me: I haven't eaten there since I've become the "new" me. ;-) If I had to choose, though, I'd say 1 doritos locos tacos, as others have said they are only 200 calories. :wink:

Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Taco- 170 calories. Pft. 920 calorie difference!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    My typical go-to meal is generally:

Chicken soft taco
    Soft taco supreme
    Doritos taco supreme

When I have more calories, I'll order Nachos Bell Grande, chalupas, quesadillas, double decker tacos, cantaina bowl/burritos, etc.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    No difference: I would still order two soft taco supremes, 230 calories each. Yum!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I've always ordered the bean burrito fresco style, a little over 300 calories and really filling.

Me too.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Old me: The chalupa supreme meal with 2 tacos (all beef) and a dr. pepper.
    Beef Chalupa- 370 calories
    Crunchy taco - 170 calories each
    30oz Dr. Pepper - 380 calories

Total: 1090 calories

When I used to go to Del Taco when I lived in CA I used to get the Macho Beef Burrito. Its HUGE and has almost 1200 calories in it by itself. Its so damn big, I used to call it a dead cat burrito.

It was so heavy that I was convinced there was some small animal wrapped up in that giant tortilla.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Fresco Chicken Soft Tacos
    Calories: 150
    Protein: 11g
    Fiber: 2g
    Fat: 3.5g
    Carbohydrates: 18
    Calories per protein gram: 13.64

They're not too horrible.
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Before: 2 tacos and a grilled stuffed burrito and an xl-mountain dew.
    After: Deal #3. Fresco. Gordita supreme. Bag of chips, medium diet coke. I give the bag of chips to the homeless now. :)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Three Dorito Locos tacos (regulars) and/or a Griller. If and when I rarely eat there anymore, it's only on a run day.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Great, now I want some Taco Bell!

I used to get the regular taco supremes with a side of cinnamon twists.

Now I get soft beef tacos.

Either way, I love a TON of the hot sauce on them.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I hate Taco Bell, but Del Taco, That's a different story!

Before
    Macho Combo Burrito - 940 Calories
    Deluxe Chili Cheese Fries - 600 Calories
    Spicy Jack chicken Quesadilla- 550 Calories
    total Calories for one meal - 2090 Calories.

Today
    Same as above, except now I make sure its in my food plan and on a day i'm doing a heavy workout!

Life is short, go live it!