How did you all fair over the festive period?

Options
Just wondering how everyone got on with all the foodie treats over Christmas?

I ate 1000 calories over TDEE on Christmas day, ate at TDEE on Boxing Day and in the few days since have been in slight deficit.

I DIDN'T GAIN ANYTHING and I'm soooo happy :smile: (I waited 5 days to weigh myself to account for sodium)

This is my 3rd Christmas as an MFP'er and its the first year I didn't gain 3lbs (which normally took til end of January getting rid of!) ...happy days!

How did you all get on? and are you finding it easy to get back on track again?

Replies

• Penny5518
    Penny5518 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I ate probably 10000-12000 calories more than my maintenance over the whole period....and ended up losing a pound. I don't understand my body but I'm not going to question it!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Well done! Christmas Day I was over, Boxing Day I was on track, but it was the Christmas parties leading up to the big day that did me in. I'm looking forward to a boring, routine filled Jan/Feb.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I stayed at my maintaining level of 1350 calories....(average per week)..some days low some more like 1600....no changes in my weight even though i did work out less...Back to the gym!
  • bstetson1
    bstetson1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was pretty lenient with my calories but stayed focused at the gym. My weight has not changed in a month. I am really excited to get back in my routine, no more parties for this girl.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I stayed at my maintaining level of 1350 calories....(average per week)..some days low some more like 1600....no changes in my weight even though i did work out less...Back to the gym!

That's a low maintenance amount
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    ..it won't post all of my reply! !
    Well done on maintaining ☺
    I maintain on 2000 at 5ft 2/active
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

Not sure how to respond...i have been on it for about 6 months ..tired in the past to increase 100 calories a day at a time and 200 per week at a time....and many other things and all failed:( Guess some of us just can't at as much....im also mid in my 40's and very inactive...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I had two days at 4500 calories, but got sick on Boxing day and ate 500 calories... total I was about 1200 calories over my TDEE last week, and ended up lighter than I was the week before, but it was also the week after my period and when I typically lose weight anyway... So I pretty much maintained.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options

Not sure how to respond...i have been on it for about 6 months ..tired in the past to increase 100 calories a day at a time and 200 per week at a time....and many other things and all failed:( Guess some of us just can't at as much....im also mid in my 40's and very inactive...

Ahhhh it must be your inactiveness. ..not sure I could cope that's why I move more to allow higher cals. I'm 45 btw.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I had two days at 4500 calories, but got sick on Boxing day and ate 500 calories... total I was about 1200 calories over my TDEE last week, and ended up lighter than I was the week before, but it was also the week after my period and when I typically lose weight anyway... So I pretty much maintained.

Not nice being sick! Good job on maintaining ☺
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I went over on Christmas Eve by a lot (more than 1,000 cal) and on Christmas Day and New Year's Eve by a few hundred calories. But I really stayed on track well for all of the other days in between, as well as the earlier part of December, so I am still at my lowest weight as of today. Hurrah!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    I went over on Christmas Eve by a lot (more than 1,000 cal) and on Christmas Day and New Year's Eve by a few hundred calories. But I really stayed on track well for all of the other days in between, as well as the earlier part of December, so I am still at my lowest weight as of today. Hurrah!

Hooray! Go you! ☺

Loving the positive results already from posters ☺
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I weighed in today (1 Jan) at only 0.4lb more than I did on 1 Dec. Considering I was about 5,000 calories above maintenance for Christmas week, that's a pretty good consistent maintenance month, I'd say.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    I weighed in today (1 Jan) at only 0.4lb more than I did on 1 Dec. Considering I was about 5,000 calories above maintenance for Christmas week, that's a pretty good consistent maintenance month, I'd say.

Absolutely ☺ you did great! Such a great feeling isn't it.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

Yes it is! Well, not at first. I should have known better (as a daily weigh gal), but the initial 7 lb bloat was a bit shocking. But I trusted everyone's experience with occasional indulgences. Yep, weight settled right back down in "the zone."
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey you know me I am bin! ;) I reached nearly 6000 calories Christmas eve just over 4000 Christmas day.. Yesterday had 3620.. Gained 5 pounds over Christmas so 3 days but then lost it in 4 days gained 2 pounds over night after last night!! :p
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options

Yes it is! Well, not at first. I should have known better (as a daily weigh gal), but the initial 7 lb bloat was a bit shocking. But I trusted everyone's experience with occasional indulgences. Yep, weight settled right back down in "the zone."

Yes fluctuations are hard to take but when we realise how they happen we don't freak out.

I won't properly be in my zone til Monday when everyone is back at work and I can get proper workouts in ...Back to routine for me and I can't wait lol ☺
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    steff274 wrote: »
    Hey you know me I am bin! ;) I reached nearly 6000 calories Christmas eve just over 4000 Christmas day.. Yesterday had 3620.. Gained 5 pounds over Christmas so 3 days but then lost it in 4 days gained 2 pounds over night after last night!! :p

Ahhhh Steff The Bin lol I do admire the huge quantities you can eat and not gain but you are one extremely active gal ☺
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Penny5518 wrote: »
    I ate probably 10000-12000 calories more than my maintenance over the whole period....and ended up losing a pound. I don't understand my body but I'm not going to question it!

Well you either must have burned alot of it off or there will be a delayed reaction...hopefully not though! I would say you're extremely lucky ☺
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Well done! Christmas Day I was over, Boxing Day I was on track, but it was the Christmas parties leading up to the big day that did me in. I'm looking forward to a boring, routine filled Jan/Feb.

I also am looking forward to routine again ..that's when I'm at my happiest/most content ☺