How did you all fair over the festive period?

Options

Replies

• MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I gained about 5lbs, 2lbs of which has been water weight. This doesn't surprise me... I was over TDEE from the 24th until the 2nd, with a few days eating below TDEE to try to minimise the damage. Plus I was put back on steroid medication on the 22nd! So all in all, it could certainly have been worse.
  • freesia83
    freesia83 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I gained 4lb, just got back into it today, gone well. Once put 8lb on in a week one xmas, so pleased it didn't go that bad. Didn't log but did do a little exercise.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I actually stayed on target on all but one day. I made the mistake of having some birthday cake, not tracking the calories, and being really hungry the rest of that evening. I guess my body held onto that plus some water because I was up about 5 pounds the next day. Oh well, shame on me. That weight has come back off and I am back on track. I also started a distance running focused workout plan (I like to mix things up regularly) and that is REALLY burning calories.

Glad to hear you're back on plan and doing well ☺
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    freesia83 wrote: »
    I gained 4lb, just got back into it today, gone well. Once put 8lb on in a week one xmas, so pleased it didn't go that bad. Didn't log but did do a little exercise.

So all in all your habits have improved ☺
  • freesia83
    freesia83 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    They have I suppose, just don't notice them when you have been doing them a while lol
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    freesia83 wrote: »
    They have I suppose, just don't notice them when you have been doing them a while lol
    I think most of us would say now our new habits seem so ingrained we wonder how we ever were fat ...its all about consistency in eating and being active.
    It feels good to have finally twigged how to stay slim for life ☺
  • Shereewhitney88
    Shereewhitney88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I stayed at my maintaining level of 1350 calories....(average per week)..some days low some more like 1600....no changes in my weight even though i did work out less...Back to the gym!

That's a low maintenance amount

Not sure how to respond...i have been on it for about 6 months ..tired in the past to increase 100 calories a day at a time and 200 per week at a time....and many other things and all failed:( Guess some of us just can't at as much....im also mid in my 40's and very inactive...
    You look amazing! I would have never guessed you were in your fourties! I am 26 and I eat around the same amount you do. I am 5'3 and inactive as well.
  • profesorakrf
    profesorakrf Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You are so encouraging in all your replies! :)

I have been over TDEE most days since midDecember. My gym/exercise routine actually increased as well during that time. I feel like I have bulked up my muscles, as my pants are tighter through my thighs. As far as weight, I only went up 3 pounds and now that is off after just a few days of calorie deficit. I have only been on MFP since June 2014, and it has made such a difference in my ability to recover and get back on track after 'bad' eating (vacations, holidays). Before MFP I would gain some and just give up for a while. MFP lets me be empowered in my choices.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    You are so encouraging in all your replies! :)

I have been over TDEE most days since midDecember. My gym/exercise routine actually increased as well during that time. I feel like I have bulked up my muscles, as my pants are tighter through my thighs. As far as weight, I only went up 3 pounds and now that is off after just a few days of calorie deficit. I have only been on MFP since June 2014, and it has made such a difference in my ability to recover and get back on track after 'bad' eating (vacations, holidays). Before MFP I would gain some and just give up for a while. MFP lets me be empowered in my choices.

Mfp rocks ☺ you did good!
  • Flookbird
    Flookbird Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't track and was much less active for a few days. Went over my TDEE For most days over 2 weeks. Was 7lbs up on New Years Day - didn't worry as I knew it would be mostly water. Been drinking loads of water and cut back again and as of this morning it's all but 1lb gone again. Can't quite believe it! Think this is the first time in my whole life I've cut back again so quickly and not piled weight back on. Think I must be a proper maintainer now?!

Well done everyone on here for thinking about how they've done and resolving to do something about it straight away - wished I'd learned that years ago!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Flookbird wrote: »
    Well I didn't track and was much less active for a few days. Went over my TDEE For most days over 2 weeks. Was 7lbs up on New Years Day - didn't worry as I knew it would be mostly water. Been drinking loads of water and cut back again and as of this morning it's all but 1lb gone again. Can't quite believe it! Think this is the first time in my whole life I've cut back again so quickly and not piled weight back on. Think I must be a proper maintainer now?!

Well done everyone on here for thinking about how they've done and resolving to do something about it straight away - wished I'd learned that years ago!
    Excellent news for you! Welcome to the successful maintainers patch ☺
  • shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am happy to say that this morning I was back to my pre-Christmas weight after being up 8 pounds after New Year's Day.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    shballa wrote: »
    I am happy to say that this morning I was back to my pre-Christmas weight after being up 8 pounds after New Year's Day.
    Woohoo high five ☺
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Anybody else working out much more and harder than before? If there's any silver lining to the whole holiday mess, it is that I am putting much more effort into my fitness than before.
  • Jagerin
    Jagerin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I ate nothing...I got a stomach virus the day before Christmas. Couldn't make Christmas Eve dinner, couldn't eat anything at the in-laws, and didn't fully recover enough to eat till after all the leftovers were gone...
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I actually needed to put a few lbs on. I haven;t weighed yet, do it monthly and still have another week before then. I ate what i wanted, and am still picking now. Been doing my exercise as per usual, but feel good and my stomach is flatter....which is my "problem" area .
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Anybody else working out much more and harder than before? If there's any silver lining to the whole holiday mess, it is that I am putting much more effort into my fitness than before.

I can't say I'm doing more, but I'm doing what I've always done since I really started upping my fitness 2 years ago. I do enough already and don't want my body to get used to more especially when I don't have the time to increase it.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Jagerin wrote: »
    I ate nothing...I got a stomach virus the day before Christmas. Couldn't make Christmas Eve dinner, couldn't eat anything at the in-laws, and didn't fully recover enough to eat till after all the leftovers were gone...

Sorry you got sick
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    laineybz wrote: »
    I actually needed to put a few lbs on. I haven;t weighed yet, do it monthly and still have another week before then. I ate what i wanted, and am still picking now. Been doing my exercise as per usual, but feel good and my stomach is flatter....which is my "problem" area .

Nice problem. ...and gotta love a flatter feeling tummy :-)
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I gained back everything I lost this year since beginning with MFP. It crept back over the holidays, and then hubby and I went to Portland, Maine for 3 days which is full of great bars and restaurants. We had a wonderful time, but unfortunately I am very discouraged that I undid all the progress I had worked so hard for. I also have a check-up on Tuesday, so my doctor is not going to be very happy to see the weight gain. I'm still trying to figure out whether to post my gain on MFP so that it will make me feel ashamed enough to get back on track.