How did you all fair over the festive period?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    bstetson1 wrote: »
    I was pretty lenient with my calories but stayed focused at the gym. My weight has not changed in a month. I am really excited to get back in my routine, no more parties for this girl.

It's a good job party season is over lol, think we all do better with normality ☺
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited January 2015
    I enjoyed about four to five 4k calorie days. After all the smoke cleared (bloating from water weight), I gained only 4 oz from the beginning of the holiday season. It's a small blip in the whole year so, no biggie.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    I enjoyed about four to five 4k calorie days. After all the smoke cleared (bloating from water weight), I gained only 4 oz. It's a small blip in the whole year so, no biggie.

Agreed ☺ you did good!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    I didn't log for Christmas Eve, or Christmas day - but I didn't go crazy, either. I had a 3 pound "gain", but all but one pound is gone (and that one is still here because shark week).
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    I didn't log for Christmas Eve, or Christmas day - but I didn't go crazy, either. I had a 3 pound "gain", but all but one pound is gone (and that one is still here because shark week).

Shark week is a new term to me but I hear ya lol....it sounds like all will be well for you soon ☺
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited January 2015
    Posted comment twice ....oops!
  • susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    I was up two pounds overall for a day or so and then up a pound. Today I got called in to work and weighed and was actually down a pound from my previous low. I ate like a crazy person the whole time so I'm thrilled. I will say that I did a lot of treadmill time to try and make up for my overeating. Perhaps that helped.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    susanb573 wrote: »
    I was up two pounds overall for a day or so and then up a pound. Today I got called in to work and weighed and was actually down a pound from my previous low. I ate like a crazy person the whole time so I'm thrilled. I will say that I did a lot of treadmill time to try and make up for my overeating. Perhaps that helped.

The treadmill worked ☺I think that's what kept me maintaining, I did at least 60 active mins every day regardless of the holiday.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Pretty good. I lost my fitbit :'( which means I had fewer calories than normal, but still made goals by the week, not the day.

It was harder to log this year than the last two, though.
  • First of all CONGRATS to you!!

That's SO great!

I actually did pretty much the same (gym, log, eat 90/10) so my weight was within the normal daily flux.

(yea I'm boring like that)
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    not so good, I guess I got complacent, been on her 2 yrs in Feb. I am up 6 lbs so it is doable. I made mistakes and I am planning on learning from them. I really did worse right after Christmas, got big bags of cheese popcorn (cant do big bags) Mom sent me home one of those tin popcorn things which I cant do that either, should have given it away. Hubby and I ate it in two days. Made a cake, cant have a whole cake in the house. Got stressed with tree lights and got distracted and went to Walmart, stopped by Sonics eating late at night, those dirn onion rings, coudnt think I was Christmas lights crazy. Like I said learning from my mistakes. Oh well, forgiving myself, getting back on track, can handle it if I don't gain any more. Last yr I did fine, like I said I thought I could handle it, it got tricky. I got greedy. Cant handle certain foods in the house, it is a fact.
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    i gained and lost a pound, my eating went all over the place but i made better choices than i otherwise would have. 10 years ago i would have been downing the soda and every carb and candy imaginable. this time i had like, 10 chocolates or so. skipped the mashed potatoes, indulged with the sweet potatoes. skipped the stuffing, ate the turkey meat no skin. stopped when i finished normal servings and waited at least 10 minutes before having another serving of ANYTHING.

no regrets!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Bad, really bad. I had occasional days of eating too much, not even every day, and in just 2.5 weeks this put 7 lb back onto me!!! I'm sure some is water but at least half must be fat. So now it's got to come right back off and I'm going to the gym more than ever to make sure this happens. Also cutting out alcohol until the weight is back off. It gives me the munchies.
  • tramboso
    tramboso Posts: 5 Member
    I ate way too much, didn't track anything, but surprisingly didn't gain anything. Here's to 2015
  • stephxo1
    stephxo1 Posts: 191 Member
    I went over on my calories for a few days due to having a few drinks and chocolates here and there. But kept the water intake high and took my protein shakes and supplements around my workouts and managed to maintain my pre Christmas blow out weight of 144lbs. Great feeling. Maintenance and getting back on track quickly is key!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    *shakes head* I knew I wouldn't get away with eating, but I didn't think it would be THIS bad. I didn't go to any restaurants or make any cakes or anything serious like that. Pretty PO'ed about all this. To lose 7 lb it will take me 2 to 3 months. And by the time February rolls around then it's Valentine's Day which means I have to tell everyone DO NOT GET ME CHOCOLATES OR CANDY and if they do anyway I have to abandon them in the break room at work or something. I'm with the other person who maintains at 1350: middle aged and short. It's just the diet that never ends. X(
  • cjames010
    cjames010 Posts: 86 Member
    I ate above and below maintenance since November and today I'm on the low end of my maintenance range (+/-3 pounds)

I ate everything I wanted over thanksgiving, and we went to many holiday parties.
    I just made sure the calories were "worth it"--I only ate home made desserts and cookies. I only ate food I knew I really, really, liked. If I got something new and didn't like it, I wouldn't eat it.

For example, we went to a party and the potato salad looked yummy but when I tasted it, I didn't care for the mayo they used, so I stopped eating it.
    At that same party I had three slices of jello cheesecake. No regrets.

However, I got sick three days ago and just stayed in bed most of the day.
    AND I've been incredibly hungry, eating/snacking every two hours.
    I hope that doesn't mess me up after I've done so well after the holidays.
  • djscavone
    djscavone Posts: 133 Member
    I'm up 5 lbs. All the good cookies got to me.
  • LadyWeaselofVT
    LadyWeaselofVT Posts: 77 Member
    I weighed in this morning and was in my maintenance range. Not sure I could have said the same last week because although I was exercising, I was really indulging in all the treats at work. This week, I've been so sick and haven't been eating much at all. Next week might be another story still because I've been given a course of steroids. Looking forward to feeling better and getting back on track.
  • camper2022
    camper2022 Posts: 80 Member
    I haven't weighed myself yet .... Mondays are my weigh in day. I think I didn't do too bad, at least that's how I feel. Let's hope I won't get a huge surprise!!!