Lean Muscle

Options
13»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    This just confuses me more.... I try to get into lifting weights to build more muscle... the more research I do the more confused and overwhelmed I become. I can't afford a personal trainer to teach me and I feel embarrassed even trying at the gym. I have weights at home but get so bored with daily squats and lunges. If you all thought back to when you started training what helped you the most in the beginning book/magazine/website/advice.

Did not use it myself, but a good book to start with is Brett Contreras' Strong Curves.
  • pbright2880
    pbright2880 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    starting strength
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    MrGoonT wrote: »
    I'm looking for tips on gaining lean muscle. Nutrition,Weights,Cardio you know the stuff haha

Hire a coach or a trainer.

not necessary

He obviously not willing to do any research on his own and wants to be handed a program so in his case I would say it is necessary. If you want to do that for him for free then go ahead.

eat in a half pound per week surplus
    set macros to about 35 carbs/35 protein/30 fats
    get on structured heavy lifting program that has progressive overload built into it

done.

why pay someone to do that for you?

Laziness, lack of motivation, impulse or the idea that it holds you accountable to someone other than yourself are a few reasons I can think of. I agree it's not necessary but I don't complain because it does serve as a nice supplemental income.

Ok - I will shut up ..I don't wanna mess with your supplemental income..!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    ed_hooters wrote: »
    Lift heavy weights and do compounds exercise instead of isolation movement and do 30 sec. Work 30 sec. Rest and change your exercise every month so that your muscle will not get to use to the same exercise you do in this way your muscle will be confuse.and eat alot of protien.. eg. Lean beef, chicken, fish and vegtable. TRAIN HARD BABY

I loled
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    This just confuses me more.... I try to get into lifting weights to build more muscle... the more research I do the more confused and overwhelmed I become. I can't afford a personal trainer to teach me and I feel embarrassed even trying at the gym. I have weights at home but get so bored with daily squats and lunges. If you all thought back to when you started training what helped you the most in the beginning book/magazine/website/advice.

'Starting Strength' by Mark Rippetoe is what helped me. I literally could not squat before. SL5x5, Strong Curves, ICF 5x5 and NROLFW are all good beginner programmes but I needed that book. I had been trying to do 5x5 for months, but like I say, I could not squat. Something in that book just clicked for me.

Most people can do them straight off, others like YouTube videos and some need a trainer etc. personally, I'd try to start with the cheapest option first - Stronglifts 5x5 has a free website and a group on this site - I'd try that first and see how you go.