Best saying your mom ever said to you

Options

Replies

• CinNoMore
    CinNoMore Posts: 9
    Options
    I may not always love your behavior but I will always love you! Awww this brought back memories as she has passed away!
  • firstloveyourself
    firstloveyourself Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My mom has told me from the day I was born, "You are beautiful in mind, body, and spirit."
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    My mom has told me from the day I was born, "You are beautiful in mind, body, and spirit."

strong username to what a good mother tells everyone content
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    If you don't have good sense, at least act like you do.
  • missability
    missability Posts: 223
    Options
    My Mom didn't say much....but when my kids were young and always asking for soda, snacks, I would tell them: "There were no vending machines in the Garden of Eden"........Now I hear my son tell his daughter that.....That makes me smile:)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    "Go to school and get a good education so that you can get a good job and you won't need a man to support you!"
    (My mom was a homemaker and never worked).

Or anytime I would go out with my friends she would say to me as I walked out the door "Sandra, don't kill me!"
    (As to say, don't do something stupid and get pregnant).
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    She has told me for forever that when she got me and my brother, that God answered her prayers. She wasn't able to conceive, so she decided to foster, then adopt. She wanted a boy and a girl who were siblings and were light-skinned with dark hair and brown eyes, and that is exactly what she got! I'm grateful everyday for her. :heart: :heart: :heart:

She also, upon adoption, gave me an extra middle name that she refers to a lot. "Angeni" which in Native American means "Spirit Angel".

:smile:
  • What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    Options
    Don't ever let any one mistake kindness for stupidity
  • sunshineanstars
    Options
    Bump
  • gbers
    gbers Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    take one day at a time

best advice, still use it today!
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My mom has said countless things that will stick with me forever.. but I think one of the most important that I try to keep in mind always is:
    "It's all about your attitude" (Implying that you can choose how you feel and react to life.) :smile:

My grandmother has always lived by "Always get up one more time than you have fallen down" and I love this saying too.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    My Mom, who never swore, looked at me one time and said 's**t happens'. Made me laugh as she never, ever swore!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Anytime I did something I know disappointed her, she turned it around saying, "I would think you would want to have more respect for yourself."

That really sunk in over the years. It wasn't just letting my Mom down. It was letting myself down in many cases.
  • char_barr
    char_barr Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    "Tough titties said the kitty but the milk's all gone" She told me that at a very young age anytime I didn't get my way - I think I was in my 20's before I realized what she was saying. I've caught myself saying it to my 4 year old - yikes.
  • char_barr
    char_barr Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    "I loved you since before you were born" she called me from the hospital the day she died because she knew she wouldn't be able to talk by the time I got there.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    "Kids are like pancakes...the first one never turns out quite right."

Yeah...I'm the eldest.
  • bamabutterfly83
    bamabutterfly83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    "Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it." I say this to myself EVERY TIME I start packing for a trip. It has helped me several times.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    "hi babe!"

Every time she see's me or calls me on the phone. My dad always said the same... :smile:
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    "If you bounce that basketball one more time, I'll bounce you" No more basketballs were bounced that day..
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    "I'll let you bleed, my love, but I won't let you die." <3

love this!!