Best saying your mom ever said to you

Options

Replies

• onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    My mom passed 19 years ago. I like so many things that she used to say, but here is my favorite:

Think twice before you speak and then don't say it.
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    She told me to stay away from red-heads. They were nothing but trouble. She was right
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    "Accelerate through the curve."

Great advice when I was learning to drive since accelerating to gain control seems counter-intuitive. This became our little phrase whenever I faced adversity so that she could remind me to kick it up a notch and get myself in control.
  • JLHNU212
    JLHNU212 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My mom always told me to Think really hard before I said something, especially out of anger, "because once you say it, it is out there and you cant take it back"!
    Another thing she said to me when I was 9 months pregnant and debating if I should tell her that we secretly knew what we were having, I told her it was probably a girl and she said "NOPE! I know I originally cursed you with all girls who are naughty and mean like you, but then later I re-cursed you to have ALL BOYS! Who love DIRT, BUGS, SNAKES, and getting HURT! Because that is what you deserve" Then she laughed. I am glad I told her she was right, it was in fact a boy, because she passed away unexpectadly the week before I had her first grandbaby!
  • stephendamour
    Options
    My mom has always told me (i am a single guy fyi) that my place doesn't need to be immaculate but I need to have a clean bathroom and picked up living room when having a woman over, "No woman wants to come over to your place and use a nasty restroom. Clean the toilet, put the seat down, and make sure you have a air frangrance plugged in."
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    "It doesn't matter what you're feeling as long as you look happy."

lol so maybe my mom wasn't the best at advice.
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    "If you have one good friend, you're lucky. Cherish that"

"It's only a body, everyone's got one" ( on feeling a little self conscious in changing /locker room)

"Life is just a dream"

"You don't know someone till you live with them" ( making sure I lived with them before marrying if I chose)
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    "I loved you since before you were born" she called me from the hospital the day she died because she knew she wouldn't be able to talk by the time I got there.

:cry: ((( )))
  • EvetteGolde
    Options
    "You will be beautiful when YOU believe you are beautiful."
  • EvetteGolde
    Options
    "I loved you since before you were born" she called me from the hospital the day she died because she knew she wouldn't be able to talk by the time I got there.

Oh my God, I just cried. :brokenheart:
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    What goes around comes around.

My grandma had the best:

If you go home hungry, it's your own damn fault.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    My grandma told me ''if you can't marry for love, marry for money.'' In hindsight, I don't think she was serious, but I did however choose option #2, and that sh^t didn't work out. So, thanks grandma. :grumble:
  • joeggarcia
    Options
    You have NO friends I AM your ONLY friend...
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Don't go after the red heads - they are trouble!
  • JessieGurlJb
    Options
    This too shall pass
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    Mom always told me, "life's a b!tch and then you die." Tough words from a tough lady!! :-)
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    never rely on a man , men are nothing
  • supergirl222
    Options
    "mom always knows bestt", drove me crazy as it was not always the case
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    To not have kids before I'm 30. And I'm not gonna! :)
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Don't go after the red heads - they are trouble!

Heeyyyy.... >:O