Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    @eclaire8511 your bento lunches are so beautiful~I can't wait to see more of your work.
    @mangrothian I am tempted to ask how long it took because those lunches look sooooo yummy. I hope they were just as delicious as they look (although I'm sure they were)!
    @HanamiDango your bento aren't lame, they're awesome ^__^
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    mmm food

I had something different this time. Green chili pork loin, spinach noodles and sweet potato ribbons. Not bad though the noodles don't have much flavor to them and are a bit soft. The green chili from the pork helped with the noodles flavor wise.

znreixvry0rc.jpg
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    @mangrothian they look amazing! Did your mother in law enjoy?

Lunch for tomorrow is broccoli, roti bread, rice and rogan josh curry.

7ibk3rzwq7fm.jpg
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    My mother in law greatly enjoyed it, my sister in law lamented that she said no when I offered to make her one as well, and my nephew told me off for not making onigiri for him (not that I knew he was coming....)

Picnic bento in the sun, and sharing strawberries with my four-legged bestie listening to music and getting lots of pats from random strangers (Borric, not me. People seem to have an obsession with patting giant breed dogs). Also, myself and Borric wearing my hat as a bonnet:
    6go3n1ndix60.jpg
    I either had the choice of a pic where the sun wasn't flaring, but he wasn't looking at the camera, or this one. I picked this one because he rarely ever looks where I want him too.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    More green chili pork today. Also has some of the sweet potato ribbons and pork/spinach dumplings.

jnuloxn3d9dv.jpg
  • nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I dreamt of egg cups last night. So this morning, I woke up to make bregg cups for my lunchbox. What are bregg cups? It's my lovechild of a bread pudding & an egg cup.
    16ht9jnp4whx.jpg
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I spent the weekend in the mountains at the opposite corner of the state, so no bento for me today. But I do have leftover rice from dinner last night, so I should be able to make some meat and veggies tonight for later this week.

And welcome to the cult club, eclaire!!
  • mangrothian
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I spent the weekend in the mountains at the opposite corner of the state, so no bento for me today. But I do have leftover rice from dinner last night, so I should be able to make some meat and veggies tonight for later this week.

And welcome to the cult club, eclaire!!

I'm glad you corrected cult. Cults don't allow you to leave (you can leave this place, but you must leave your egg shapers and vegetable cutters behind as penance :p )

No bento for me today; I worked late last night and went to bed early, then got up early. Yesterday's was curry rice and dumplings, which doesn't make for an attractive picture.
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    e74dcxytqquq.jpeg
    Finally managed to find something to use my Bento for! Leftover Eggplant Parmigiana, roasted cauliflower and green beans. Can't wait for lunch tomorrow!
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I don't think I will be able to hold off until lunch time to eat this bento. I made homemade slaw last night, and it is oh-so-freaking-good.

k4llg9lilt6k.jpg

Homemade slaw, raisins, turkey, cheddar cheese, homemade peanut butter, pretzel crisps.
  • Editme12
    Editme12 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Love seeing what you guys post! With my classes right now, I eat meals at home so no need for a bento this semester :( Used to do it though, and love seeing these creations! (plus all the bento boxes; they just seem so much more elegant than a brown bag and ziplocks)
  • mangrothian
    Options
    Narcissora wrote: »
    I don't think I will be able to hold off until lunch time to eat this bento. I made homemade slaw last night, and it is oh-so-freaking-good.

k4llg9lilt6k.jpg

Homemade slaw, raisins, turkey, cheddar cheese, homemade peanut butter, pretzel crisps.

If it were me, I'd be snagging that pretzel not long after I made it into the office! nomnomnom

No bento for the third day in a row; today it's cup ramen. There must something wrong with me (well, more than normal :D )

And because I wanted to post a gif, here's a picture of a kitty eating ramen
    q807z6kdh5h0.gif
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Home bento? I might do one for my day off one of these days. Today was lazy day. I stayed in bed until noon so will have to jog after lifting weights tonight. Tomorrow is cooking and editing. Yay. Think I might try doing one similar to "little elves" from the book I got, but I need to make rice for that. Looking forward to different foods for bentos.

And... Squee, kitty! hehe
  • mangrothian
    Options
    Finally, a bento this week. Rice, veg, umeboshi, furikake, beef in spicy bulgogi sauce and a tamagoyaki with some furikake sprinkled through. Approx 530 cals. There's a small box with a babybel and some grapes (130 Cals in the box), but I forgot to include it in the pic.
    yoid7gw1a26k.jpg
  • LadyAhiru
    LadyAhiru Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    After 6 weeks without bento my move is in its final stages! I can not wait to make bento again!
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    6i8l0233edz2.jpeg

Slaw with raisins, sharp cheddar cheese, rice, chicken, broccoli.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    And because I wanted to post a gif, here's a picture of a kitty eating ramen
    q807z6kdh5h0.gif

And now I want ramen. (Of course, I also went out drinking late last night, so anything high carb but low sugar sounds amazing right now)
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    How do you guys post images from the app? Is it possible?
  • mangrothian
    Options
    andyluvv wrote: »
    How do you guys post images from the app? Is it possible?
    iPhone its possible, but not android. I take pics with my android, upload them to my google drive, then get on the forum with my pc later.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Same, only my phone is linked to dropbox so the images get saved there, then I posted them on PC. I don't post in forums on the app either as I've had it mess up the page for a page on a forum one time when I tried.