Does Anyone Notice The Rampant Negativity Here?

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    karyabc wrote: »
    PRMinx wrote: »
    Yes I notice it. It seems like regular posters have met their goals and have developed a gang member mentality to attack any outsiders . If theyve met their goals and are feeling the need to be mean they should try to do it in real life and see what kind of response theyd get. They may make someone cry or get a much needed punch in the face. Lol sorry was that mean ?

So, someone who has lost 100+ pounds and reached their goal no longer has value here?

do you actually by heart even if i my self don't agree with her opinion think that that was what she meant ? really?...

No im saying if you've been sucessful then you shouldnt be so hard on new members . Otherwise wtf are you doing here ????

I haven't been successful. Can I continue to be "hard on new members"?

*kitten* off bit ch

Hypocrisy. Delicious hypocrisy.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Yes I notice it. It seems like regular posters have met their goals and have developed a gang member mentality to attack any outsiders . If theyve met their goals and are feeling the need to be mean they should try to do it in real life and see what kind of response theyd get. They may make someone cry or get a much needed punch in the face. Lol sorry was that mean ?

So, someone who has lost 100+ pounds and reached their goal no longer has value here?

do you actually by heart even if i my self don't agree with her opinion think that that was what she meant ? really?...

No im saying if you've been sucessful then you shouldnt be so hard on new members . Otherwise wtf are you doing here ????

*kitten* off bit ch

Now *there's* the positivity that's been missing from the forums.... NICE!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

*kitten* off bit ch

Really? Was this necessary? You are whining about mean people and then cuss out another? Hypocrite much? You should not use Lamby's image in vain....
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

*kitten* off bit ch

Classy.

And highly ironic.

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

*kitten* off bit ch
    :no_mouth:

Tsk
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

*kitten* off bit ch

Complains about meanness... is the first person in the thread to tell people to **** off and call names.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

*kitten* off bit ch

Now *there's* the positivity that's been missing from the forums.... NICE!

She must have reached her goal then and be a regular apparently.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    It gets more difficult to be really supportive when OPs (some trolls, some not) ask such silly questions - things they could easily answer in two minutes with a google search. It's also tough with so many off the wall "chit-chat" posts that come up in the feed. I try to be really nice and supportive...but there is a limit to the amount of stupidity I can take.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    oh oh :o this will not end well
  • sexymonicat
    Options
    Ypu keep replying to what im saying with bs . What do you expect ?
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

*kitten* off bit ch

Classy.

And highly ironic.
    Dontcha think?

A little tooooo ironic...

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Debate club. Keep your cool.
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    It's like rain on your wedding day...
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

You*

And cussing people out only shows your level of conversation.... that of a 6th grader... No one was calling names or cursing... until you did it..
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Basic human decency?

But yeah, that's my own character flaw that I'm still working on.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    It's been my experience that every single helpful poster on these forums, every single one, will eventually be called out as a mean, hateful, negative bully at some point or another no matter how many smilies they add to their posts.

Seriously, I've been called mean/troll for: using copy/paste advice posts, suggesting that someone who feels sick after eating breakfast doesn't need to eat breakfast, linking people to the sexypants thread, asking people further questions about what their routine looks like when they ask for help, because I called someone out when they implied that asking someone to open their diary is bullying.

Because the accusation gets thrown around so often, threads like this actually add to the negative atmosphere instead of helping it. When everyone on the boards gets called mean on a regular basis, any post that calls out the "mean people" without specifying who they are talking about will end up attacking everyone.

There is some negativity and aggressiveness on these boards that goes above and beyond what should be here. But it's not the norm and is often called out when these regulars that you seem to dislike see it. Report it (use the actual report function, not the flags that no one pays attention to) or call it out where you see it, but posts like this are never going to solve the problem that you think exists.

^^yep
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    It gets more difficult to be really supportive when OPs (some trolls, some not) ask such silly questions - things they could easily answer in two minutes with a google search. It's also tough with so many off the wall "chit-chat" posts that come up in the feed. I try to be really nice and supportive...but there is a limit to the amount of stupidity I can take.

hahaha now there's some nice honesty.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Who woulda thought if figggerred.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's like rain on your wedding day...

That's not ironic! That's just bad planning. Now maybe if you were marrying a weatherman, and he set the date...