Does Anyone Notice The Rampant Negativity Here?

Options

Replies

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    JackKopCh wrote: »
    I can't speak for outside the chit chat section of the forum, but if anyone thinks there is any negativity in the this part of the forum they are mistaken and delusional.... O_o

Was the thread aimed at this section of the forums? :\

-patpat-

Some people need drama in their lives to function properly.

Ish okie :3
    Let's go build a snowman :D
    No! D:
    czycw53cset7.gif

Lemon flavored snowcones? xD lol..
    I'll take your pug pillow >:O!!!

I'm not digging the yellow... it's hard to read... lol!!

You make a valid point. This should be easier. Ask and you shall receive.
    Oh rlly?
    :bigsmile:

1536a2e8d37cbe0d21f0c8a70816af25.png
    Yarly**

**Notice: As long as supplies last!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Honestly I have been greeted with sarcasm and negativity since i first started using the forums. But I take it with a grain of salt and move on. Besides in some of the sarcasm there are some good answers.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for outside the chit chat section of the forum, but if anyone thinks there is any negativity in the this part of the forum they are mistaken and delusional.... O_o

-patpat-

No! D:
    czycw53cset7.gif

Ahhh... prettier colors!! Thank you!! I wish I knew how to do this... so colorful!! :blush:
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    karyabc wrote: »

-patpat-

No! D:
    czycw53cset7.gif

in the name of MFP and my eyes thank you, now i would read you

Lol, my apologies for hurting your eyes.

Sincerely.
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    What I do notice a lot is people starting threads with unsustainable, unneccesary, unhealthy, or even downright foolish ideas on how to lose weight, and then crying "bully" when people tell them that their idea is unsustainable, unneccesary, unhealthy, or even downright foolish.

smcmrrmlp4is.gif

• karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    Yes I notice it. It seems like regular posters have met their goals and have developed a gang member mentality to attack any outsiders . If theyve met their goals and are feeling the need to be mean they should try to do it in real life and see what kind of response theyd get. They may make someone cry or get a much needed punch in the face. Lol sorry was that mean ?

So, someone who has lost 100+ pounds and reached their goal no longer has value here?

do you actually by heart even if i my self don't agree with her opinion think that that was what she meant ? really?...

No im saying if you've been sucessful then you shouldnt be so hard on new members . Otherwise wtf are you doing here ????

hi! that is exactly what i interpreted from your post even when i might or not agree with you, that's why ask her how did she pmx i believe is her name got to the conclusion that you said that losing 100lbs and your opinion it's not valid anymore
  • cmasongreen
    cmasongreen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    lmenrpcupzu0.gif

Uh oh...Supernatural gifs are making their way to MFP!

Not that I mind, mind you.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    MSeel1984 wrote: »
    I know what you mean. Even legitimate questions are met with sarcasm, trolling, etc...unfortunately that's the forums for you (as they are now). Other forums spark debate and problems because as someone said earlier, many buy into diet myths or the same topics get posted over and over (which is inevitable due to new users coming to the forums...people who are new to dieting, etc.)

im-so-tired.gif

Examples. Please.

Even one example would be a great start. Even. One.

tumblr_inline_n563amB00m1sohk3w.gif

I love the way they animated her hair. It's mesmerizing.

That was positive, right? My last post in here was, admittedly, very negative. I think I'm getting this proper, positive foruming correct now.
  • sexymonicat
    Options
    Attack after attack. If you're not mean and what I said isnt true why does it get to you so bad ?? I was just sharing how I see it. Screw this site. I am tired of all the ganging up on people for no reason.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options

-patpat-

No! D:
    czycw53cset7.gif

in the name of MFP and my eyes thank you, now i would read you

Lol, my apologies for hurting your eyes.

Sincerely.

hahahahaha we're cool plus liking the combination of colors right now ;)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    If we're all different, why can't others understand that how I want to be treated in the forums is also different? I don't want my feedback couched in warm fuzzy glitter and rainbow unicorns. I want my responses to the point. On target. With no unnecessary disclaimers to get in the way of a frank exchange of information.

Why are people constantly telling me I'm doing it wrong if this is my preference?

TL;DR - how about those of you who believe we're doing it wrong set an example of the One True Way™ to forum for everyone else.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    lmenrpcupzu0.gif

They have been here for a long long time.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    What I do notice a lot is people starting threads with unsustainable, unneccesary, unhealthy, or even downright foolish ideas on how to lose weight, and then crying "bully" when people tell them that their idea is unsustainable, unneccesary, unhealthy, or even downright foolish.

^This. I had all the silly weight loss notions when I began, too. Except I was (internet) wise enough to search for my question (yep, already been asked and answered 100's of times).

And...I am also clever enough to consider that the advice given by successful (I guess that's "smug" now? hmm) folks is probably the advice that works and is healthful and sustainable.

But, I would never point out this fact, for fear of being labeled the same "mean", "smug" successful person ;) I'll just sit back and wait for others to eventually figure out the "mean" people were right all along, since that was what I had to do for myself.

• lawlifehanna
    lawlifehanna Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I tried to make a comeback to MFP a few months ago. I asked a simple, honest question in the forums (something about going to the gym). I went away for a few hours, and when I came back there was 3 pages of comments that started out nice, attempting to actually answer my question, and then it turned mean. I'm fine with people being blunt and telling me I'm incorrect, but there are several different ways to do that. Calling someone a stupid hypocrite (I was literally called both stupid and a hypocrite) isn't helpful to them, and if it's helpful to you, then do it to a pillow or a painting on the wall, not another person. I got so discouraged I actually quit and gained another 10lbs before coming back. I'm not blaming that on anybody but myself specifically, but considering that this is a place where people come to look for support and advice, often in a very weak moment in their lives, being mean and discouraging them by calling names and bullying them (yes, despite what some people in this chain have said, there is bullying, although thankfully to a lesser extent than in many other places) when they're just starting to figure these things out isn't helpful or friendly.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    Attack after attack. If you're not mean and what I said isnt true why does it get to you so bad ?? I was just sharing how I see it. Screw this site. I am tired of all the ganging up on people for no reason.

Bye

Have some unicorn farts to speed you on your way.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    lmenrpcupzu0.gif

They have been here for a long long time.

I think they started to show up here right after everyone on this site farted rainbows, never disagreed and group hugs reigned, in that magical, magical before time.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    I tried to make a comeback to MFP a few months ago. I asked a simple, honest question in the forums (something about going to the gym). I went away for a few hours, and when I came back there was 3 pages of comments that started out nice, attempting to actually answer my question, and then it turned mean. I'm fine with people being blunt and telling me I'm incorrect, but there are several different ways to do that. Calling someone a stupid hypocrite (I was literally called both stupid and a hypocrite) isn't helpful to them, and if it's helpful to you, then do it to a pillow or a painting on the wall, not another person. I got so discouraged I actually quit and gained another 10lbs before coming back. I'm not blaming that on anybody but myself specifically, but considering that this is a place where people come to look for support and advice, often in a very weak moment in their lives, being mean and discouraging them by calling names and bullying them (yes, despite what some people in this chain have said, there is bullying, although thankfully to a lesser extent than in many other places) when they're just starting to figure these things out isn't helpful or friendly.

Link please
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    Yes I notice it. It seems like regular posters have met their goals and have developed a gang member mentality to attack any outsiders . If theyve met their goals and are feeling the need to be mean they should try to do it in real life and see what kind of response theyd get. They may make someone cry or get a much needed punch in the face. Lol sorry was that mean ?

So, someone who has lost 100+ pounds and reached their goal no longer has value here?

do you actually by heart even if i my self don't agree with her opinion think that that was what she meant ? really?...

No im saying if you've been sucessful then you shouldnt be so hard on new members . Otherwise wtf are you doing here ????

Most aren't hard on the new members... Again, telling someone the truth is not bullying, being mean, or any other way shape or form being negative.... Most here that know what they are talking about are trying to deprogram the myths (such as detoxes and cleanses) that the newbies want to so desperately want to cling to.... when you have to keep telling the newbies that the quick fixes just don't work and they are taking it personally... it's not the messengers fault... but the readers fault.

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    redheaddee wrote: »
    As grown ups, we do have the ability and the option to ignore people. I recommend exercising that option in addition to your normally scheduled work out program.

Now, this is what I see people can't do. So the threads go on and on in circles. It gets me dizzy. If people ignored without needing an ignore button, threads would be shorter and even more to the point. That is all. :smile: