Opinion-Big hips with small(ish) waist-attractive or not?

Options
z149189
z149189 Posts: 57
Lately I've noticed that while my waist has gotten quite a bit smaller after losing weight, my hips are still big (in my opinion, although they seem to have more definition now). I'm really not trying to start body shaming anyone, I'm just honestly curious as to whether people find that look attractive.

Replies

• lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Lately I've noticed that while my waist has gotten quite a bit smaller after losing weight, my hips are still big (in my opinion, although they seem to have more definition now). I'm really not trying to start body shaming anyone, I'm just honestly curious as to whether people find that look attractive.

the width of your hips is to do with your pelvis/bone structure... not your weight

Nothing wrong with big hips and a small waist... in fact I would say that was kind of womanly and sexy...

but I'm old fashioned .... I like feminine looking women and manly men... that's how it rolls in my world :tongue:
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I have what is known as an hourglass shape

I think you will find that many men find it attractive

not all

but many
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have always had wide hips, fat or thin there's always been about a ten inch difference between waist and hips. When I was thin I ended up downright scrawny trying to get rid of my hips until a trainer at the gym laughed and said ummm that's bone it ain't going anywhere!!

As to whether or not men like it I dunno really but I have never had a man say sorry I can't date you, your hips are too big :smile:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    LOL silly girl thats ideal! You have an hoursglass shape thats called sexy. Measure yourself and see if you have a 0.7 ratio between the hips and waist this is evidently very sexy across all cultures.

You got baby producin' hips there girl be proud and shake it!
  • SquidandWhale
    SquidandWhale Posts: 259
    Options
    Whether or not the general public finds your body attractive, or not, depends on if you believe in evolutionary biology...
  • mamas0811
    mamas0811 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Oh thats sexy to the MAX!! Lol, and not only becuase my body type is just that.:) but i think it very hot
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    The sexiest woman I have ever known had an abnormal hips/butt to waist ratio. I've never seen anyone like that other than her.
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    I am a 42-32-42 (yeah, EXACTLY)

so I have a 10 inch difference between my waist and hips. I've always thought my hips were HUGE and didn't like them.

But so far, every guy I have been with has told me NOT to try and "get rid of my hips"

They make my shape, they are part of me. Not all men will love my big hips, but the ones who want me seem to have no problem with my figure :smile:
  • exWHYzee1337
    Options
    I have what is known as an hourglass shape

I think you will find that many men find it attractive

not all

but many

this right here
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's attractive.. It's like built in handles!
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    Send pics, I will provide an objective evaluation
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that a waist to hip ratio of 0.7 was the most attractive to the male eye. I'm sure that has something to do with evolution, fertility, social convention or what-have-you... I do not care...as long as I've got it!! Still!! Oh yeah!!:smooched:
  • Shampres
    Shampres Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    VERY attractive, in fact. Curves are feminine and healthy. Think Sofia Vergara, Cote de Pablo...
  • dianeb613
    dianeb613 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    what is a hip .07 ratio??
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    I think we all know that big hips and a small waist are attractive features on a female...
  • lafilleavectoi
    lafilleavectoi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a humblebrag.
  • TheDarkestStar87
    TheDarkestStar87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You should rejoice rather than worry, an hourglass shape is the most enviable and most feminine shape there is, even girls that are size 0 aspire to it (cue the bodycon dresses with the black block colour on the sides to create the illusion of curves).
  • Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i can relate to you completely - its hard not to feel insecure about my hips - right now my measurements are 36 - 25 - 38 and i would like to get the hips to a 36 at least - (its really the only thing on my body that i want to lose from) and to answer your ? about it being sexy or not - i think the majority find it very sexy :) and to be honest - as much as i complain and feel bad - like i have saddle bags and a big butt etc.. id rather have a small waist and big hips (pear or hour glass) then the apple shape - any day - lol :) so embrace it - and learn to love your curves and find clothes that accentuate them :)
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Damn straight that's hot. Maybe the hottest thing of all on a woman, and that's saying a lot.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Sexy sexy sexy.