Opinion-Big hips with small(ish) waist-attractive or not?

Options

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    i can relate to you completely - its hard not to feel insecure about my hips - right now my measurements are 36 - 25 - 38 and i would like to get the hips to a 36 at least - (its really the only thing on my body that i want to lose from) and to answer your ? about it being sexy or not - i think the majority find it very sexy :) and to be honest - as much as i complain and feel bad - like i have saddle bags and a big butt etc.. id rather have a small waist and big hips (pear or hour glass) then the apple shape - any day - lol :) so embrace it - and learn to love your curves and find clothes that accentuate them :)

Don't be so insecure about the measurement of your hips. I'm at least 36'' and have NO *kitten*. The measurement will never get any smaller. Sounds like with a 25'' waist, you're probably close to an ideal weight anyway.
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is so true a saw a documentary on human attraction, and they did tests on this.
  • LuHox
    LuHox Posts: 136
    Options
    Absolutely attractive. I'm jealous. I want hips. Mine are and always have been (even at a healthy weight) the same measurement as my waist. You are lucky in my opinion.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally? I would love to have an hourglass shape like my mom. Since I haven't ever been thin my entire adult life, I'm hoping that under this pudge, that shape is there.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I am the same way, my hips aren't big anymore because I'm at a lower weight, but my waist and upper body is smaller than my lower half. Personally, I like it. I think a defined waist looks nice! and even if I didn't like it, I don't have any other choice so I might as well :flowerforyou:
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    Lately I've noticed that while my waist has gotten quite a bit smaller after losing weight, my hips are still big (in my opinion, although they seem to have more definition now). I'm really not trying to start body shaming anyone, I'm just honestly curious as to whether people find that look attractive.

the width of your hips is to do with your pelvis/bone structure... not your weight

Nothing wrong with big hips and a small waist... in fact I would say that was kind of womanly and sexy...

but I'm old fashioned .... I like feminine looking women and manly men... that's how it rolls in my world :tongue:
    that's true, but where you naturally store fat can also make a difference! I store more fat on my hips than I do anywhere else!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Lately I've noticed that while my waist has gotten quite a bit smaller after losing weight, my hips are still big (in my opinion, although they seem to have more definition now). I'm really not trying to start body shaming anyone, I'm just honestly curious as to whether people find that look attractive.

Nope.

In fact, it's the least desirable female body shape ever. You should think about bone shaving surgery to remedy this issue.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    Sounds like a humblebrag.
    Nothing wrong with bragging if you want to!
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    That is F*CKIN' HOT!!! But some pictures would really help...
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Everyone loves child bearing hips
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure large hips has been the quintessential mark of sexy ever since we were all roaming the Serengeti because it's supposed to be an indicator of fertility.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    what is a hip .07 ratio??

waist divided by hips = 0.7
  • z149189
    z149189 Posts: 57
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback all. I'm really not trying to brag, and I'm still a long way from my goal and from where I would like to be. I'm still somewhat insecure about certain parts of my body, and I'm also in the process of trying to process some of the changes in my body. I'm genuinely curious about other people's opinions is all.
  • z149189
    z149189 Posts: 57
    Options
    And I should add that includes the positive changes as well.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    This thread is worthless without pics.:wink:
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Personally I think it's very attractive. I have a pear-type body shape (small waist, large hips/butt) and it's one of the things I actually really like about my body. I've had a lot of people say they're jealous of my figure, even when I was overweight. Now that I've lost weight and my waist is small, I'm truly proud of it.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback all. I'm really not trying to brag, and I'm still a long way from my goal and from where I would like to be. I'm still somewhat insecure about certain parts of my body, and I'm also in the process of trying to process some of the changes in my body. I'm genuinely curious about other people's opinions is all.

i think if you honesty want to get to a point where you arent insecure about your body, you stop looking for validation from others on whether or not they find your body type attractive. self confidence comes from the inside, not the outside based on opinions from strangers. self confidence is when you think you are great regardless of what other people may or may not think. i honestly dont see how this type of thread can help with that since it just supports the insecurity
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Curves rock. I don't want to lose mine. I just want 'em in all the right places.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options

You got baby producin' hips there girl be proud and shake it!

Dam right therei gotmy baby outjustfine and dandy snd she was 1/4 oz of 9lb hahaha
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Yes. That's my shape too, and I have yet to be told otherwise!