Opinion-Big hips with small(ish) waist-attractive or not?

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Wide hips are a plus for many reasons :)
    Leverage?

Blocking doorways?
  • aFootballLife25
    aFootballLife25 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Lately I've noticed that while my waist has gotten quite a bit smaller after losing weight, my hips are still big (in my opinion, although they seem to have more definition now). I'm really not trying to start body shaming anyone, I'm just honestly curious as to whether people find that look attractive.

Absolutely!!! Wide hips and big booty, tiny waist. Very sexy.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Wide hips are a plus for many reasons :)
    Leverage?

Blocking doorways?
    Better doorways than windows!
  • captain_reckless
    Options
    Hell yea
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    That's my shape! I don't know if big hips, small waist is attractive, but it's sure handy for hauling the little ones around!
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    since I gained weight I became a model. plus size model though. the thing is "plus size" starts at size 10. In Germany its becoming more popular because everybody is sick of the too skinny not normal size 0 or whatever. And I think is correct because seriously its not normal. I want to live and I want to eat and its not good to call ppl from size 10 "fat" or "too much hips". The proportion has to be right though. I think its sexy.
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    nothing better than breeding hips
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    since I gained weight I became a model. plus size model though. the thing is "plus size" starts at size 10. In Germany its becoming more popular because everybody is sick of the too skinny not normal size 0 or whatever. And I think is correct because seriously its not normal. I want to live and I want to eat and its not good to call ppl from size 10 "fat" or "too much hips". The proportion has to be right though. I think its sexy.

This happened
  • Ashleyxjamie
    Ashleyxjamie Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have a waist to hip ratio of 0.72 and a DD chest. the boyfriend LOVES it. What's he supposed to grab onto if I lose my hips?:love: He'd be a bit disappointed if I lost them. I've always been embarassed by my hips. Now I embrace my curves and wear clothes to show them off. I can rock a high waisted pencil skirt and blouse and heels and he LOVES it!

(Also, you can see my curves in my profile pic. I'm damn proud!!!)

to the OP, love your curves!!! :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I've got an hourglass shape, a 10 inch difference between my hips and waist. I had the same difference 63lbs ago too! I've never had a problem getting male attention (plenty of stares which my husband points out to me!). I'd like my hips to be a little smaller, but I like the shape of big hips and a small waist.
  • springs47
    springs47 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Very, very, very, very, very attractive :love:
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    nothing better than breeding hips

Lol my husband jokes that he picked me for my breeding potential haha. Well, I had very easy labours and births with my 2 children!
  • Justme030
    Justme030 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Yes its attractive...34-25-36 :)
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    34-29-40
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Next question.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    That's my shape! I don't know if big hips, small waist is attractive, but it's sure handy for hauling the little ones around!

THIS!!!!
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    what is a hip .07 ratio??

waist divided by hips = 0.7

oh Dam!! Im happy now! and I was hating my big hips! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Beautyandthebeef
    Options
    Ooo there have been studies done about this and it has been found that there is a golden proportion that regardless of size is attractive to others because of biological instincts (a wider hip smaller waist and big boobs=fertility). So go you! :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    My *kitten* is 12-13 inches larger then my waist. It drives me crazy. Not from a attractive perspective but from a F where do I find pants perspective. And a F my shirt is riding up and my hands are full perspective. And a F my boobs are showing because the top of this shirt is to big but the bottom makes me look like I'm exploding perspective. I'm 5'8 and currently looking for track pants for on my motorcycle. Everything with my waist line is made for people who are 8 inches shorter...And then I can't move anything over my butt. And if I can they're ginormous in the waist and thighs.

To all of those out there that want to be tall with tiny waists, curvy hips and stick legs...start some clothing companies for me would ya?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    My *kitten* is 12-13 inches larger then my waist. It drives me crazy. Not from a attractive perspective but from a F where do I find pants perspective. And a F my shirt is riding up and my hands are full perspective. And a F my boobs are showing because the top of this shirt is to big but the bottom makes me look like I'm exploding perspective. I'm 5'8 and currently looking for track pants for on my motorcycle. Everything with my waist line is made for people who are 8 inches shorter...And then I can't move anything over my butt. And if I can they're ginormous in the waist and thighs.

To all of those out there that want to be tall with tiny waists, curvy hips and stick legs...start some clothing companies for me would ya?

Yup. I'm 5'9", 28" waist, 40" butt/hips.