Comments in the staff room......

Options
12346»

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Today I learned that a truly amazing number of people can turn even a compliment into an offensive comment.

You look great today

HOW DARE YOU, SIR!
    I like your abs.

You must mean that sarcastically.

I just can't take all this judgment.

I really, really, really like everything about you. EVERYTHING.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    All jokes aside, I think you may have been feeling self-conscious and that's completely okay and understandable. Good for you for taking and making a healthy lunch. Keep it up!!
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    This is the craziest stuff I've read all day.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    1. That is not a sustainable diet. Its too few calories that will likely lead to night binge eating. Causing further self-despair and self-loathing. I wonder if I can say something and have it come out right? depends on what is in the salad actually. My salads are about 6-700 calories.
    2. I bet you that's 400 calories in dressing and they just ruined their efforts at dieting. some people use things other than dressing. like plain yogurt or olive oil or nothing.
    3. Lettuce and a few limp veggies is not healthier than my homemade _{insert lunch for the day}__. that's actually pretty elitest to decide that a salad is only those things or that any salad is less nutritious than what you are eating.
    4. Without a fat source their body is going to have trouble absorbing the nutrients in that salad. What a shame. What a waste. my salads includes walnuts, olive oil, cheese, avocado... plenty of healthy fats.
    5. There is a crazy amount of sugar in that "low-fat" dressing! They are better off drizzling a TBSP of olive oil and balsamic than that crap. Im starting to be scared of the 'salads' you encounter?
    6. I bet you they have a bag of chips in the their desk drawer to go with that publicly eaten miniature salad. now i know why people think everyone is judging them LOL!
    7. Where is the protein? Your body needs a balance of protein, carbs and fat, people! points to the ham and hard boiled egg....
    8. I wonder if they even like salad? you cant pry it from my cold dead goal weight fingers
    9. Oy. They would have been better off calorie-wise by ordering the burger and fries than that salad monstrosity! i hope you realize what you are starting to sound like. Im getting worried.
    10. And very occasionally: Wow that salad looks good! (I'm just not a salad person..)

obviously... LMAO!

LOL. These observations are more about the shocking salads I've seen than the awesome ones, sorry. Luckily for me thinking thoughts isn't the same as feeling them. :) Thoughts do pop up that I might not always be able to control. And there certainly are some salads I respect! And many people who eat them regularly that I respect even more.

Type is a horrible medium for humour, unfortunately...
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I dont care 95% of what people say. :|
  • lakhena
    lakhena Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    When I have salad, people sniff and wonder what died in the kitchen.
    But I love my homemade papaya salad with fermented fish. So tasty. And so healthy.
    If only others appreciated it as much as I do.

Be happy you don't get the nose wrinkles I do, even when my food isn't stinky.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    lakhena wrote: »
    When I have salad, people sniff and wonder what died in the kitchen.
    But I love my homemade papaya salad with fermented fish. So tasty. And so healthy.
    If only others appreciated it as much as I do.

Be happy you don't get the nose wrinkles I do, even when my food isn't stinky.

I'd be totally jealous of your salad!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Maybe your salad just looked good?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Maybe your salad just looked good?

Now you're just being ridiculous! ;)