Preteens eating my diet food

Options
1234568»

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    If you are not healthy and happy, how can you possibly be expected to care for other people, on top of yourself?

/thread

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    sgthaggard wrote: »
    gothchiq wrote: »
    .... It appears that some people have never heard of discipline? Those who think discipline is a bad idea, I sure hope *you* don't have kids. Kids are not adults, they are supposed to mind. If they don't, consequences are appropriate. Such as the consequence NoelFigart1 has proposed there.

Yes I do have a child. I also have common sense and strong family values where we share things. We aren't a group of selfish people.
    I would assume that your children aren't selfish because that is how you raised them. If they did something selfish like, I don't know, eating all of the raspberries, leaving none for anyone else, how would you deal with that? Or do your children just learn through osmosis, no discipline required?

Does his child even have teeth yet to eat the raspberries with?

Excuse me?

a preteen?

• uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    First world problem, "My kids eat all the food."

Think about that for a bit, then think about the hundreds of thousands+ of parents who have kids that starve to death every day.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

Think about that for a bit, then think about the hundreds of thousands+ of parents who have kids that starve to death every day.

You're right, having overfed children is wrong.

OP - only feed them thrice a week. Less if they are insolent.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    sgthaggard wrote: »
    gothchiq wrote: »
    .... It appears that some people have never heard of discipline? Those who think discipline is a bad idea, I sure hope *you* don't have kids. Kids are not adults, they are supposed to mind. If they don't, consequences are appropriate. Such as the consequence NoelFigart1 has proposed there.

Yes I do have a child. I also have common sense and strong family values where we share things. We aren't a group of selfish people.
    I would assume that your children aren't selfish because that is how you raised them. If they did something selfish like, I don't know, eating all of the raspberries, leaving none for anyone else, how would you deal with that? Or do your children just learn through osmosis, no discipline required?

Does his child even have teeth yet to eat the raspberries with?

Excuse me?

It was a facetious question regarding the age of your child. sorry if it offends, as I had thought you had an infant or toddler based on previous posts. Mea culpa.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

Thread has now conclusively jumped the shark. Waiting on gifs, now.
  • Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    smh
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
  • Phoebeg1723
    Phoebeg1723 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try explaining to them that if they want to enjoy the little luxuries you allow them such as individual cereals, chips and soy milk as you mentioned, then they mustn't eat your luxuries. X
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    I don't know, honestly, withholding fresh raspberries from kids feels kind of mean, if you can afford it.

This isn't something I have an easy time imagining. All food was communal in my house growing up. Unless people were allergic to things or just didn't like them. (Case in point: no one had a problem with my mom enjoying that weird chocolate with orange stuff in it all to herself.)
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I think you found the answer already: labeling your food. Your family couldn't possibly be psychic and know the raspberries were your personal property. Perhaps to make it fair, the whole family could go shopping with you and choose a special item or add 1 item each to the grocery list. These could be labelled and off limits to everybody else in the household. I am not against you having your special food, but also think that to be fair everybody should be allowed to have a labelled item. Then, if you are "hounded" for your labelled item, perhaps you won't feel as guilty. But children choosing to eat raspberries or salad shrimp to me seems like a positive. They are learning and making healthy choices and following your lead. Consider that before punishing them.