What do you hate most about losing weight?

Options

Replies

• fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    When I lose weight I lose it from my boobs 1st :(

Me too. So sad. :(

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    my boobs disappearing, the saggy loose skin, how i cant tolerate the winter at all anymore
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Loose skin! Loose skin sucks! I'm 46 years old and I don't know if it will ever tighten back up!
  • RicoMittens
    RicoMittens Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    Mine has most to do with body appearance. I feel like I've ruined my body after years of letting myself be overweight, and it saddens me a bit. I agree with those that said loose skin and sad boobs. :( Plus the fact that the areas where I have stretch marks, which are many, now look like crepe paper.

I also second the fact about having to buy new clothes all the time. I try to wear them until they're practically hanging off of me, but that gets annoying, lol. I just bought a pair of jeans a little over a month ago, and they are already getting too big, which is good and bad. I can't afford to buy new clothes. On the bright side, at least my shoes size won't change along with my clothing size. Then I would really be in trouble.

Soooo... about the shoe size.... Shoes that were snug and about to be pitched now fit. Shoes that fit are now too loose.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Have to actively and consciously think about it every minute of every day. It's work all. the. time. Don't get me wrong, it's well worth it, but sometimes the conscious effort gets exhausting.

This is totally where my brain is today, too!!
    Plus, I am freezing!
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm ALWAYS cold.
  • als13071
    als13071 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What i hate most... is having to buy new dress pants every couple of weeks!!!! :( That seems like something that should be fine but when you get in between sizes my goodness its difficult! And then theres these damn chicken wing arms thats ive developed if anyones got any good suggestions to get rid of those please let me know!!!!
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    FitFroglet wrote: »
    There are a few things I dislike:
    1. My belly is now noticeably bigger after a meal (the fat used to hide that I guess).
    2. I'm always cold.
    3. My bonier knees are uncomfortable when I lay down at night - need to change from foetal position.

None of them are a big enough reason to stop though!

#3 big time! Asked for & received a body pillow for Christmas.... So much better!
  • als13071
    als13071 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    LAMCDylan wrote: »
    I see a lot of women talking about their boobs. Believe it or not, some men don't care about boobs and their size all that much.

Well aware. Did you ever stop to think that it's not about what others think of them, but how you see yourself? You're allowed to not like certain things about yourself. It's not always about the other person or to be "appealing" to somebody. You can just not like things about yourself. It happens.

I hear you... people always assume its about someone else! You have to feel good in your own skin.
  • 135goalwt
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Inconsistency. As in you do something that SHOULD produce a 1lbs a week result according to the numbers but doesn't. You get .9lbs one week, .7 the next, 1.1 the next, etc. Then you stop losing randomly even though you changed nothing from the previous week when you lost 1.1 lbs. Oh, your body adapted. You need to eat more to lose. Huh? Makes total sense. Then you do that and you gain. Oh, you're not in a deficit. OK. Sooooo I was in a deficit. Then I wasn't. Then I really wasn't because eat more to lose weight is bull.

Yeah it's very confusing but mostly frustrating! Yet we still need to keep fighting the urge to give up! Speaking mostly for myself.
  • summerhaze71
    summerhaze71 Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    It seems every 10 lbs or so lost, my hips get out of whack and I have to get adjusted more frequently. Is that our bodies shifting to hold the weight? Does that happen to anyone else?
  • LovingLifeInCalifornia
    LovingLifeInCalifornia Posts: 9,362 Member
    Options
    dfranch wrote: »
    I'm cold all the time. I used to be warm all the time, but not anymore.
    ^ this!
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    I always run hot. Always overheated.. I'd love to lend you all some of this heat.
    I was really hot last night, that the window had to be opened...
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    Mine has most to do with body appearance. I feel like I've ruined my body after years of letting myself be overweight, and it saddens me a bit. I agree with those that said loose skin and sad boobs. :( Plus the fact that the areas where I have stretch marks, which are many, now look like crepe paper.

I also second the fact about having to buy new clothes all the time. I try to wear them until they're practically hanging off of me, but that gets annoying, lol. I just bought a pair of jeans a little over a month ago, and they are already getting too big, which is good and bad. I can't afford to buy new clothes. On the bright side, at least my shoes size won't change along with my clothing size. Then I would really be in trouble.

Soooo... about the shoe size.... Shoes that were snug and about to be pitched now fit. Shoes that fit are now too loose.

That's interesting. :) I have never had that happen personally. Whenever I've lost weight in the past and even now after losing 65 pounds, my shoe size has never changed. Part of me wishes it would though. I have huge feet. I wear a size 11 or 12, and it's always hard for me to find shoes I like and that fit.

• Hawksinger
    Options
    Family members who have lost weight telling me how they "just" and then asking me why I don't try their method. I can't just snap back "because I tried that years ago and actually gained weight"
  • Shauna2626
    Shauna2626 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I agree with the person who said being cold all the time!
    Also, I have a love/hate relationship with counting calories (lol). I'm used to it now, but I wish I could maintain without counting. Maybe I can, but it makes me nervous. Last time when I stopped counting, I gained like 8 lbs. Although I had also stopped working out, which I definitely wouldn't do this time around.
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    the one thing i hate about losing weight is when it isn't happening. or when it's happening in reverse........
  • SarassicPark
    SarassicPark Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    All these posts about losing boobs makes me nervous. I have considerably large ones, which I enjoy having... although I could deal with them a little smaller to alleviate some of my back pain.

The thing I hate most about losing weight is having to exercise. I hate exercise more than anything. I'm lazy.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Not being to eat whatever i want in whatever quantities id like to.
    Its also a bit dull zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

That said it goes with the territory and the results are important. I have sympathy for some of yopu that have been dieting for years, sounds like a nightmare.