What body shape do I have?

Options
1235»

Replies

362233 Posts: 48
    Options
    Also my waist is 22" but I have smaller hips that make my waist look less small.
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    What is the actual point of this. Seems like you just wanted to post some photos up of yourself and have people comment on them.

Well you achieved that..

Anyway, you could do with some heavy weight lifting 3-4 times a week

• StephanieR88
    Options
    Um...skeletor? No? No. Ok.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    362233 wrote: »
    DavPul wrote: »
    My measurements are 36-22-33 bust-waist-hips dimension or 34-22-33 shoulder-waist-hip dimensions. I have always gotten that I'm an hourglass with most body shape calculators though either way. I know I'd be a neat hourglass as oppose to full because I'm petit. I also have a balanced body shape. I think I have high hips because my lower "curves" are from the top of my hips and pretty banana like. I look boxy in most clothing because it doesn't cynch in the right area. So what body shape am I?

didn't we already answer this question for you last year? like, 4 or 5 times?
    No. I actually just signed in today. I've never been to this website before.

You just signed up today and you've made 40 posts?...Something seems fishy here.
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hourglass tend to gain on legs first. Which makes sense considering the stereotype of the image. It is characterized by wide shoulders small stomach and wide hips. One of the most idealized figures probably because of the even proportions. Good health wise as gaining weight stomach first isn't the healthiest option.
    I've got hourglass and have learned the easy weight gain and loss of that. You could be pear but you seem most like hourglass.
    You are well proportioned, beautiful and healthy and honestly that is what matters most.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    Do women really spend this much fekking time trying to figure out their body shape?

Some do, apparently. I personally think it's a bit pointless and ridiculous. Arbitrary labels/definitions are arbitrary.
    My body shape is potato. Female potato.

I find it really helpful for clothes shopping to know my shape. It's not like some label that makes one be a part of some club or anything. It just helpful for, you know, things like jeans and dress shopping, avoiding looking frumpy by not picking styles that are better suited for women of other body types.

So, no, not pointless or ridiculous or arbitrary.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    My theory is that the whole banana, pear, apple, etc. crap doesn't exist. My measurements indicate I'm a pear shape but pears are also supposed to gain in their butts, hips and thighs more easily. I don't I gain on my tummy and arms most. So it's a lot of quack.

I don't see why your bone structure and typical weight gain patterns would have much to do with each other.

I've, honestly, always seen it as just another thing magazines do to tell us what to wear. My measurements never really matched up to any of them. So, where do I fall?
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Do women really spend this much fekking time trying to figure out their body shape?

Not all women. Although, magazines would have you thinking so.
    Options
    Sydking wrote: »
    What is the actual point of this. Seems like you just wanted to post some photos up of yourself and have people comment on them.

Well you achieved that..

Anyway, you could do with some heavy weight lifting 3-4 times a week

I actually have a high muscle mass that's why my body fat is so low.

Not really if I wanted to do that I'd also show before pics.
    Options
    Um...skeletor? No? No. Ok.

Yeah I was thinking I was too thin myself but I'm actually healthy weight
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    My measurements are 36-22-33 bust-waist-hips dimension or 34-22-33 shoulder-waist-hip dimensions. I have always gotten that I'm an hourglass with most body shape calculators though either way. I know I'd be a neat hourglass as oppose to full because I'm petit. I also have a balanced body shape. I think I have high hips because my lower "curves" are from the top of my hips and pretty banana like. I look boxy in most clothing because it doesn't cynch in the right area. So what body shape am I?

didn't we already answer this question for you last year? like, 4 or 5 times?
    No. I actually just signed in today. I've never been to this website before.

You just signed up today and you've made 40 posts?...Something seems fishy here.

You can count all the posts I made in this thread.... It adds up to over 40
    Options
    Hourglass tend to gain on legs first. Which makes sense considering the stereotype of the image. It is characterized by wide shoulders small stomach and wide hips. One of the most idealized figures probably because of the even proportions. Good health wise as gaining weight stomach first isn't the healthiest option.
    I've got hourglass and have learned the easy weight gain and loss of that. You could be pear but you seem most like hourglass.
    You are well proportioned, beautiful and healthy and honestly that is what matters most.

I gain on my lower tummy first not really my thighs I keep very slim thighs.
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    emily_stew wrote: »

Some do, apparently. I personally think it's a bit pointless and ridiculous. Arbitrary labels/definitions are arbitrary.
    My body shape is potato. Female potato.

I find it really helpful for clothes shopping to know my shape. It's not like some label that makes one be a part of some club or anything. It just helpful for, you know, things like jeans and dress shopping, avoiding looking frumpy by not picking styles that are better suited for women of other body types.

So, no, not pointless or ridiculous or arbitrary.

Yeah mainly my reason for asking was because I'm going shopping soon and wanted some ideas on whocb would be best to highlight my figure.
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    My theory is that the whole banana, pear, apple, etc. crap doesn't exist. My measurements indicate I'm a pear shape but pears are also supposed to gain in their butts, hips and thighs more easily. I don't I gain on my tummy and arms most. So it's a lot of quack.

I don't see why your bone structure and typical weight gain patterns would have much to do with each other.

I've, honestly, always seen it as just another thing magazines do to tell us what to wear. My measurements never really matched up to any of them. So, where do I fall?

You can always use body shape calculators

http://www.calculator.net/body-type-calculator.html

http://www.shopyourshape.com/calculate-your-body-shape/
    Options
    I think I prefer these two for advice on how to dress my figure in combination.
    http://www.joyofclothes.com/style-advice/shape-guides/the-neat-hourglass.php

http://www.shopyourshape.com/body-shapes/tophourglass-body-shape/

Also advice in the inverted triangle on how to make hips and shoulders align since my hips are an inch wider than my hips.