Options
    Booty detox?

Isn't that just a colonic?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Chlo92x wrote: »
    I am counting cals as well, 1200 a day.
    I did a low carb diet a year or so ago and lost 13lb in 6 weeks, that is why I feel for me limiting carbs gives results!

Thing is, low carbing makes you lose water weight fairly fast.

um...no

Umm yes.... when you low carb, your body will deplete its glycogen stores. That is why its not uncommon to lose 10 to 20 lbs after two weeks. But after that occurs, then fat loss is equivalent to any other diet that creates a deficit.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    I have read it but I cant deal with all the equations... I will ask one of my boyfriends mates to make me a plan most of them are fitness coaches (Y)

Boyfriends? As in plural? Not judging, just curious if that is coming across the way you meant it lol.

I personally don't use a calculator to figure out how many cals to eat. I just rely on my fitbit to give how much I burn each day and eat accordingly.

Haha no i meant my the friends of my boyfriend :D
    Plural friends
    One boyfriend.... sorry bad grammar!

saying, my boyfriend friends would have been bad grammar lol you said it right the first time :D

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    I did a low carb diet a year or so ago and lost 13lb in 6 weeks, that is why I feel for me limiting carbs gives results!

um...no

Umm yes.... when you low carb, your body will deplete its glycogen stores. That is why its not uncommon to lose 10 to 20 lbs after two weeks. But after that occurs, then fat loss is equivalent to any other diet that creates a deficit.

Just out of curiosity, if someone has been dieting and eating a moderate amount of carbs but wanted to drop weight for a special event, do you think would they still lose quickly in the first two weeks? I am currently losing about 1.5 lbs/week.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I have read it but I cant deal with all the equations... I will ask one of my boyfriends mates to make me a plan most of them are fitness coaches (Y)

Boyfriends? As in plural? Not judging, just curious if that is coming across the way you meant it lol.

I personally don't use a calculator to figure out how many cals to eat. I just rely on my fitbit to give how much I burn each day and eat accordingly.

Plural friends

saying, my boyfriend friends would have been bad grammar lol you said it right the first time :D
    "boyfriends mates" requires punctuation to make it correct.

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

um...no

Just out of curiosity, if someone has been dieting and eating a moderate amount of carbs but wanted to drop weight for a special event, do you think would they still lose quickly in the first two weeks? I am currently losing about 1.5 lbs/week.
    If you already are on a low carb diet, then its doubtful as glycogen storage would already be low. Depending on carb level you could go keto to lose a few more lbs... but it would probably be minimal.

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options

um...no

If you already are on a low carb diet, then its doubtful as glycogen storage would already be low. Depending on carb level you could go keto to lose a few more lbs... but it would probably be minimal.

Oh, I don't think it's workable for a wedding weekend, then, given that I've heard you get sick if you jump back into normal carbs post-keto. Thank you for the answer!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Plural friends

"boyfriends mates" requires punctuation to make it correct.

Correct ;)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has done the Bootea Teatox,
    Any thoughts on it?
    Does it work?
    With the healthy eating and exercise does it make much of a difference?

Thanks Everyone!
    The only thing that works for weight loss is a calorie deficit. There are no magic teas or foods out there, and there is no need to detox either.
  • kellysdavies
    kellysdavies Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I've tried it. It is great for a good clear out! Definitely lost a couple of extra pounds and had a really flat stomach! Obviously only because it's a laxative; - but it made me more focussed as it gave me a boost and was able to maintain the benefits it gave me. I found after a while it stopped working and I'd cleared out as much as I could. But I enjoyed the tea. It did no harm and made me feel good. Might do it again at some point.
  • Chlo92x
    Chlo92x Posts: 168 Member
    Options

Plural friends

I thought so... confused myself then!
  • Chlo92x
    Options
    I've tried it. It is great for a good clear out! Definitely lost a couple of extra pounds and had a really flat stomach! Obviously only because it's a laxative; - but it made me more focussed as it gave me a boost and was able to maintain the benefits it gave me. I found after a while it stopped working and I'd cleared out as much as I could. But I enjoyed the tea. It did no harm and made me feel good. Might do it again at some point.

Thanks!
    Im not looking to use it as a special diet short term thing, i was just looking into it for a boost for the first few weeks for motivation purposes. Seeing results makes me want to carry on working for it. I intend to eat within deficit and work out four times a week or more regardless of adding the tea or not.

On the other hand I would feel better about myself gettin to my GW with no extra help, all pure hard work and eating right x
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    It certainly is January on the MFP forums, no doubt.
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I believe that you said you are waiting for you food scale to arrive. I'd like to share what I figured out the other day. A couple friends on MFP said they didn't want to use a scale, wanted to just learn portions instead. So, I recalled when I first came on MFP, people on the forums stated over/over, get a scale and measure, you are probably eating more than you think. I got a scale. So, I did some measuring just to see. I measured 1/4 cup steel cut oats and 1 tbs PB2. The oats were 40 grams on packaging and the 1/4 cup was 56 grams. The PB2 was 6 grams on packaging and 9 grams in the tbs. So that's 50% more for the PB2 and 40% more for the oats. So if you figure you eat 14 items in a day (3 meals + 2 snacks) and underestimate on half of those, and those items are 100 calories, that could be 50 calories each for 7 items, you could easily underestimate 350 calories per day. And that would be a low estimate, depending on what you eat. So, yes, weigh, weigh, weigh. It WILL make all the difference between success and frustration. Especially when you get close to goal.
  • Chlo92x
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    It certainly is January on the MFP forums, no doubt.

No need to be so patronising, i am not a newbie to MFP. the message boards are for help and advice... Everyone has to start somewhere! Keep negative comments to urself thanks :)

• dee187
    dee187 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Crikey some people are so mean on here. The whole point is to be suppotive and give advice. If you have nothing nice to say or cant say things in a nice way then keep quiet.

On a lighter note i have been on bootea 3days. Not sure whether it will work or not. Only brought it as it was on sale. I enjoy the flavour of the tea alot. If it works great. If not no biggie. Ill keep you updated. Im also doing insanity and averaging 1300 calories a day. Xx
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    BOO-tea? Is it meant to scare the pounds off you, or does it just keep you in the bathroom for a few days?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    dee187 wrote: »
    Crikey some people are so mean on here. The whole point is to be suppotive and give advice. If you have nothing nice to say or cant say things in a nice way then keep quiet.

On a lighter note i have been on bootea 3days. Not sure whether it will work or not. Only brought it as it was on sale. I enjoy the flavour of the tea alot. If it works great. If not no biggie. Ill keep you updated. Im also doing insanity and averaging 1300 calories a day. Xx

In some cases, such as this, being supportive and giving advice requires telling people that they are making an unwise choice.