Bulking – A Complete Guide For Beginners

Options

Replies

• pclabactive
    Options
    Wow thanks for the help.... You're doing it wrong is a real positive comment and truly uplifting. Maybe next time try and clarify and understand that all bodies are different and understand my confusion.... Never commenting again if this is your so called "community"
  • pclabactive
    Options
    Telling me to reread isn't really a good answer to, "I'm confused." I read it and I'm confused. If you can't explain any further than what good are you. Anybody can copy and paste information and pretend to know what they are talking about
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Telling me to reread isn't really a good answer to, "I'm confused." I read it and I'm confused. If you can't explain any further than what good are you. Anybody can copy and paste information and pretend to know what they are talking about

Surplus: more than what is needed or used; excess.

The advice to read again (or reread: to read again) was advice to click on the link and reread the article. It's written in pretty plain English and should be understandable to most.

In advising you to reread it, (I cannot speak for others) I assumed you had merely skimmed it first time but if you're still confused after reading it properly I don't know how to help you grasp it.

No one 'copied and pasted information' to pretend anything. A knowledgeable member provided a useful link and the info contained in it (maybe in an unsuccessful attempt to make reading it foolproof?) to help others.

As to saying you were reading it wrong, that was me, not other members. I was attempting to use levity to point out that you had not thoroughly read the information. There is often humour on this site, as it is a public forum. Some have much dryer senses of humour than me and if that offends you, this forum (or sub-section of the forum) may not be for you. If that is the case, it's a pity as I have found it to be an invaluable source of motivation, support, information and (sad, I know) entertainment.

I am very sorry to have offended you, however, if you want good advice on bulking, I would suggest reading it again.
  • the_raptor
    the_raptor Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Awesome article, and having variable success bulking at the moment, need to eat far more calories, bit I'm determined to stick with it!
  • pclabactive
    Options
    That's the thing I'm having trouble understanding :( what do you mean by a 500 calorie surplus? Because I'm eating about 3000 calories a day. My body burns calories so quickly on its own I feel like I have to eat a ton. In the past I've always eaten this way and I never gain so I'm just wondering if I need to eat more. I try to eat my weight in protein and I get a large amount of carbohydrates as well. And I apologize for lashing out. I just didn't appreciate the negativity from others. But I can get over that. I understand it's a public forum.
  • pclabactive
    Options
    I have been slacking on the weekends with my tracking of the calories. But Monday thru Friday I am on point. I measure everything when I am preparing meals so I'd like to say I'm confident in tracking the calories. I'm 6'3. I'm 23. And I currently weigh 157. I have actually gained 7 lbs so I'm not necessarily saying that I'm not gaining but I'm wondering if I could be gaining more efficiently. I've only just started working out for two weeks now but I do have a trainer at my gym helping me with workouts. I eat around 150g of protein daily and my Carbs are between 200 and 300 grams daily
  • pclabactive
    Options
    And as far as the 3000 calories go it was not a calculated total. I just assumed it would be good for me because I am a very thin body type
  • pclabactive
    Options
    And I eat about 120 grams of fat daily
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have been slacking on the weekends with my tracking of the calories. But Monday thru Friday I am on point. I measure everything when I am preparing meals so I'd like to say I'm confident in tracking the calories. I'm 6'3. I'm 23. And I currently weigh 157. I have actually gained 7 lbs so I'm not necessarily saying that I'm not gaining but I'm wondering if I could be gaining more efficiently. I've only just started working out for two weeks now but I do have a trainer at my gym helping me with workouts. I eat around 150g of protein daily and my Carbs are between 200 and 300 grams daily

do you use a food scale?

when did you start eating 3000 calories?
  • pclabactive
    Options
    Thank you very much for your feedback and I'm on my way to gym now. I'll update you on training regiment when I get back from the gym.
  • winneyj
    winneyj Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome article. I've been bulking for 3 weeks. Saw a nice wave in the first two weeks with 6 lbs gained. Now slowing on the third week with a 1 lb gain. But this article is a very nice confirmation that what I'm experiencing is normal.
  • iyogasudharma
    iyogasudharma Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Halo bro, in my nutition target per day 50carb, 30fat, 20protein to hit 4kg gain weight /month.
    But in my case i wanna also get gain muscle with my gym routine 4day/week.

My question,
    1. can i modification thats "my nutrition target" to be 50carb,30pro,20fat ???
    2. And can u explain to me about Clean Bulking ? With ur meal/menu example
    3. Do u have a tips to gain wight + gain muscle with maintenance the sixpack (especially oblique and the 5-6pack in lower stomach) ? Cause im realy love my sixpack :smiley:

Thankyou
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    @MrM27 do you have anything on cutting after your bulk? As in should you cut down to your pre bulk weight or not, etc, etc???????

I bulked from 176 to 186 and have now cut down to about 179.5 ...I guess I am struggling with if I should cut down to 176 or below, or just transition to maintenance at some point....?? Don't want to sacrifice all my gains ...

OR

is it a matter of personal preference in how lean one wants to be???????